Reviews for Things of Which We Do Not Speak
skadoo chapter 2 . 8/11/2013
I'd love to see you continue this with other members of Voyager's crew. Almost all of them have things that were never spoken of again but should have been dealt with in subsequent episodes.
The Cheshire Cheese chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
I realize this story is quite old already. But I would love to see it continued, perhaps with a chapter about the daughter and grandson who Kes saw in "Before and After" that got erased, or the time Seven of Nine saw her father as a drone in "Dark Frontier."
The Cheshire Cheese chapter 2 . 3/12/2011
These two chapters are brilliant! I really hope you add more.

I was hoping to find some story that dealt with Samantha and the duplicate Naomi incident, and you did a good job with that one. When I started to read the one about Tom, I thought I'd laugh. But it was well done, and I like the part where Tom wonders if his abandoning the lizard children contributed to B'Elanna's fear about him leaving her. You've put a lot of thought into these stories, and I'm looking forward to more.
Naomitrekkie chapter 2 . 3/28/2009
This is a really sweet and touching story. I love it. You did a stellar job
DianeB chapter 2 . 1/12/2007
This chapter is rather profound, and not at all out of character for Tom. It's also a bit unsettling that he would be thinking so strongly of this while looking at his infant daughter, but I think it's a *good* unsettlement.

You really need to continue with other crewmembers. I suppose after all this time, it might take some serious review of the episodes to pick just the right things of which "not to speak," but I think it would be well worth the effort, since you've written two outstanding segments already.
borgprincess chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
Lovely story about Samantha and Naomi- love that little kid, they never did enough with her on Voyager. And it's funny, because I never think of her as the 'duplicate'; I guess I've repressed that memory as well. Must be a little Vulcan in me!
HoVis chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
Wow... I've sometimes wondered about the 'duplicate' incident (though more, I must admit, from Harry's point of view). This was really interesting; it would be good if you continued the 'series' as seperate stories which somehow all linked together at the end. Voyager was, I think, one of the best Star Trek series written. Great start!

HoVis
SpaceRoses chapter 1 . 9/6/2005
Really sweet story. Thanks for posting it.
DianeB chapter 1 . 9/3/2005
Very, very nice perspective - and one we never got to see on the show. Personally, I always imagined Samantha named the first baby Ruth, and because the duplicate baby, though essentially exactly the same, was really a *different child*, named her Naomi (from Ruth and Naomi in the Bible - and only that because I thought it fit so well, not for any particular religious reason). Either way, I think Sam's point of view here - and Harry's too - are real and believable, and I'm just glad there are writers such as yourself who are picking up on these emotional details and writing about them. Good job.
Anarra chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
great story, very emotional, and it brings us back to an incident most writers forget. Great job and please add more to this, i love it when people get into either the character of Samantha or Naomi Wildman, they are two of my favorite characters from the show.
The Libran Iniquity chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
Um... wow. There were shivers running down my spine while I was reading this. Very well done.
Random Stuff About Stuff chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
that was really great! i also noticed how people (in real life as much as in voyager) seem to try to forget some of the things that happen to them. great story illustrating that.
Tharin chapter 1 . 8/31/2005
You've written a very good story about a topic that's usually avoided. Sam and her feelings were well written.