Reviews for I'm Writing This With My Left Hand
attheturnofthetide chapter 1 . 1/7
I'm half ashamed to say that I laughed hysterically when I was reading this. Of course I sobered up near the end, but Valar help me, my sense of humour sure is morbid... that being said, Maedhros's poetic skills are admirable, considering he was literally hanging from his chained wrist. Happy new year, and thanks for this! :D
Erestor Silvertongue chapter 1 . 9/17/2013
Absolutely BRILLIANT. Witty, meaningful and excellently worded. Have favourited.
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Well done!
To-AntigoneEvenstar chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
Imaginative and awesome. I absolutely love it.
Emily chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
Interesting and very good. Depressing and dark, but with a touch of humor none the less. Makes you think better of Maedhros.
Raging Pineapples chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Something about this poem is captivating. Very short and sweet-I like it )
Greensleeves the Great chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
This is...not beautiful, exactly, but very haunting, and it makes you want to read it again. I wonder if some part of Maedhros knew what was going to happen?

This is a totally irreverent question that breaks the poem's spell, but what was he writing with?

Cheers,

Greensleeves
Melannen Halfelven chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
I like!
Tindomiel chapter 1 . 4/2/2006
Enigmatic, witty, curious, strangely provoking, and I'm running out of descriptions! Apart from the ingenius idea of Maedhros's occupations on thangorodrim, this is a very clever piece of poetry.
Mislef chapter 1 . 12/14/2005
Ooh, I like this poem. I don't know much about the fandom, but something about it... I really liked it.
Avalon Estel chapter 1 . 11/18/2005
Wow! This was so simple, without any sign of flourish, and yet it speaks with Maedhros' voice as clear as anything I've read. I regard you as a master, Vana.

~Avalon
Mariette chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
Usually, I am not fond of poetry, especially fan poetry.

Let it be known I have found an exception.

I really, really like this poem. It's simplicity gives it the complexity. What is not said is nearly as important as what is said, and what is said is doen so eloquently. Of course, I love the mere idea of it - what would one say when chained to a mountain by their hand?

I don't think I can gush anymore without merely babbling coherently, so I'll just say that I love this poem, and leave it at that.
RavenLady chapter 1 . 11/3/2005
It's hard to choose, but I think this is my favorite of your poems. This has to be one of the most tangible Tolkien-inspired poems I've seen. The agony of the situation is all between the lines, not at all exaggerated, and the result is brutal and real and just. Ouch. *recovers* *adores*
Halfwest chapter 1 . 11/3/2005
As short and simple as this piece is, I would say without hesitation that it is one of the more poignant poems I have ever read in Tolkien fandom. Beautiful.
phantasmagorienne chapter 1 . 10/17/2005
I've been going through your writings (and plan to leave a slew of comments over time), but I keep coming back to this one. I don't know what exactly it is that attracts me so deeply. I love the complicated simplicity of it; the way it seems to teem with tangled thoughts and emotions beneath its calm words. It sounds as if Maedhros is attempting to make sense of his situation, make it seem more accessable and simple; to steady his thoughts before they get out of control. Beautifully done (and I love you for the semicolons, just because I am a semicolon fangirl).