Reviews for You Might Die Trying
chisscientist chapter 14 . 1/4/2012
Interesting story. Shame it stops so suddenly.
Silver-ShadowSpark chapter 14 . 7/10/2010
I HATE clifhangers! Please update!

Spark
Lord Frederick chapter 14 . 4/25/2009
Love the story! You HAVE to finish it! I realize it's been two years since your last update, but I'm sure many people would still be very grateful if you finished this one.
cristwelrine chapter 14 . 8/15/2008
Oh the sarcasm ! I just love the way you made them snap at each other with wise guy remarks . Also, the way you made Bastila so cold and distant is also something new and fits the scars that could be found if revan left her and went to find the Sith . Just a great pity that you didnt update this for a year :( . Its a great story which can be improved if you add the actual rescue part .
Guardoflight chapter 14 . 6/28/2008
Intriging, exciting, can't put it down. I loved it and hope to see more of it soon.
KyLewin chapter 14 . 7/9/2007
Well, I'm a bit behind the times, but I finally read the chapter and it was good. It seemed a bit light on details about their surroundings, but since most of the time was spent on the Ebon Hawk, it wasn't too big of a deal. Your dialog, as always, was very well done.

Keep up the good work and update as soon as possible.
Undead American chapter 14 . 7/1/2007
Sorry it's been a while since I've reviewed! This is a great chapter. I also like the decision to leave the OCs behind for now.
DGraham chapter 14 . 5/9/2007
Well this chapter was okay but it seemed a bit rushed. Its nice to know your not dead though. That was a plus. Also i think it ended pretty dull but im hoping when you end the entire story it'll be way better.
VikingJedi chapter 14 . 5/3/2007
Fun chapter! Glad to see HK-47, he's one of my favorite characters ever. Keep up the excellent work and update as soon as you can!
Layana Danare chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
Interesting. I like it! I have one story going on now, it's basically about the same thing except my Revan is a girl.
VikingJedi chapter 13 . 4/5/2007
Good chapter. I'm not sure why anyone would be complaining about your writing style. If a story is fun to read and you like the plot and characters, then what's the problem? I think there's nothing wrong with incorporating various inspirations into a story. Keep up the great work!
Undead American chapter 12 . 4/1/2007
:-)
DGraham chapter 12 . 3/29/2007
Yeah great chapter. FINALLY! Anyhow it seems that your writing style has changed since the last chapter and it seemed like everyone got off the ship a little too easy. But all and all its your story and well...i like it.! i guees my continous emails did get you off ya butt and get some work done! great chapter Sam. Keep em up!
gobier182 chapter 1 . 3/26/2007
You may not like what I have to say, but just because I write out a comprehensive review does not show you to be a writer to take it down when somebody gives you 1 mostly negative review compared to the other 37 reviews you got.

Did I say everything negative. NO. Read it next time before you do anything. Just to let you know, I'll make many of these if you keep erasing them.

Have a good time doing this, and if you continue to let mediocrity flourish, I'll especially keep giving you reviews you dislike. Why? I'm just that nice of a guy.
gobier182 chapter 12 . 3/25/2007
Let me start off by saying that this has become more than a crossover. You have started to use slang from Firefly/Serenity and are not using the slang in the correct era of it's true series. I understand what you did, you pretty much put most of each crew member into that of someone on Firefly/Serenity. With that being said, you were probably better off working on your characters a bit more.

I visualize your "original characters" as the look alikes to the show and movie characters. Sorry, if you want them to at least be original, put more into their description. I see Mal, Jane, Wash, and the technical girl (I forgot what her name is) as exactly as they are from the show. It just doesn't cut it. I like the idea of the story, which is very close to the idea of the games. Get what you're looking for and the main characters have to make the choice as to what's going on. It works, but it feels like Whedon is writing this and not you.

However, out of all of this harsh criticism I do like how it is written. I do like how you treat the characters and how they are at least true to where you have obtained them from. I like that the characters you took from Firefly/Serenity are themselves. I like how Bastila is mostly in character except for dialouge, and I like her growth since we saw her in KOTOR. I see Mira as being too much of a Mary Sue. I don't think she was the right characer, I think you should have chosen Brianna instead of Mira for this situation, but alas, that is not the case. I understand why you did it though, she was/is a Bounty Hunter and she developed a connection to him. Well, so did Brianna since this is a male Exile, but Brianna's was stronger and could've been more useful like that, but based off of the reasoning, I don't see why Bastila wouldn't have chosen Brianna as well as a fall back plan. Jolee I find to be very well written and is his constant self that was in KOTOR and well done. Mical I understand for his placement, and well done.

With the placement of character's comes the perspective that you are making a Star Wars story, not another crew during Whedon's story. Remember that, because right now it looks like a crew that could be viewed in a Whedon area, and not a Star Wars area. The place that Mical comes into as a medic can easily be dispelled by what Jolee could do in the force based off of healing as he can heal others. However because the rest of the group does not know about this, I think that it is logical for them to welcome him. However, watch yourself when you write this as to make sure if you are truly writing this as a Star Wars piece with Firefly/Serenity tendencies, or as a different crew of Whedon's story.

Two things I have to say, one bad, one good. I'll start with the bad to end on a good note. If you remember the hyperdrive in the Ebon Hawk, the thing is massive and so would they be of the times. I need more description by Mira and Bastila bringing it back to the Errant Vow because I imagined them carrying it. Meaning, give me more description by explaining they used the force to take it, or be more logical and just say they stripped the parts necessary to utilize the hyperdrive correctly. The positive thing I must say is the ending bout you had with Colm and Rezyf. I liked how he was using his wits more than anything else and was treated much weaker than Rezyf above anything else. Just remember, that he was taken down too easily as a True Sith by someone who is still being trained "formally" in the force. However, the bout between the two was good nontheless.

Just remember what I said, but your story is not bad. It just needs to be looked over.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »