Reviews for The Diamond and the Rough
Guest chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
I don't even know where to begin. That was wonderful!
bubblygoo chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
This fic actually made my heart hurt more than make me laugh, in a good way. Aw, Cid.
Slipper chapter 1 . 2/8/2008
I remember reading this story a while ago so I'm befuddled as to why I neglected to review that time since reading through a second time I still think it's a damn good story. You portray Cid with an seemingly effortless ease that's very enjoyable to read. I especially liked the descriptions of his hands.

And this line: 'He'd washed it and boiled it sterile and at that point he didn't feel like tea anymore because the stupid blue kettle looked so stupid on his goddam stove.'

It just stuck out so Cid-ishly. Congrats on a great fic. :)
Dybael chapter 1 . 1/12/2008
This is so Cid it hurts. It's adorable, in as much as battered and grungy can be adorable.
Celira chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
...I have so much love for your story.

In character to a fault.
JacksTortugaLass chapter 1 . 5/16/2006
Never played Final Fantasy but thanks to Kingdom Hearts I know a few of the characters. And thanks to Advent Children I love the characters that I know from Kingdom Hearts even more.

In the end... I love this.

Cid is my love and you are so grand. I'm going to go look up the names and things that I didn't quite follow :)

*adds to favorites*
Negative Creep chapter 1 . 2/23/2006
Been meaning to leave a review for awhile for this, but I guess I'm as lazy as the people I like to bitch about who read and don't respond.

Lovely story. It just flipping WORKS, everyone's in-character and Shera's personality fits (boy do I love her calling him a silly old arse) and she's not a complete pushover and just YES YES YES.

A decent Cid and Shera fic is a rare treasure indeed. A WONDERFUL Cid and Shera fic is holy. Proud to have it on my Favourites list, even if it does make my own take on the relationship look like utter balls in comparison.
fearsomdiety chapter 1 . 1/19/2006
YAY!
pinkpuruu chapter 1 . 12/29/2005
I hope you know that this is genius. XD. GREAT characterization, heart-wrenching in fact, and I never knew Shera to be written so convincingly. Great take on their relationship, this fic was great.
VeglmaToo lazy to login chapter 1 . 12/10/2005
He was sick for his own wedding?

! xD

That was cute. _
Raindog Bride chapter 1 . 10/1/2005
I loved reading this so incredibly much. Cid and Shera were perfectly in character- and the terrible verbal and emotional abuse that made up their relationship was still distressingly present. _ And yet it worked!

The last line... just cracks me up.
Two Cents chapter 1 . 9/22/2005
There are never enough Cid/Shera (Chera? Ciera? These pairing names are bloody confusing) fics around! Thank you so much for writing this!

Heh. The proposal was *classic* Cid. Two Thumbs up!
Sabriel41 chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
Left with a tear in my eye but a smile on my lips... it was an excellent read throughout, and I admire your eye for details. Specifically the nicknames, their 'matching' hands, and the subtle reminisces of his Avalanche days. Ah yes, and the ending was dead-on.

Cheers, and thanks for the great story,

Sabriel.
Espers chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
WOW.

Just, wow.

Supremely well-developed, excellent pacing and...

I kiss your feet. Thank you so much for writing this story. I thank you on behalf of Cid/Shera fans everywhere.
avalon-chan chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
This was wonderful. It really cheered me up after the day I had at work. The little details were exceptional and the ending was perfect. Thanks for writing it.