Reviews for Cast Me Gently Into Morning
Ariesque chapter 1 . 1/16/2007
Fantastic read! I loved your use of language-and the best part: you succeeded in making it more than just fluff. You really captured their emotions and I truly felt for Kitty and her frustration. And Piotr's frustration.

And the use of Lockheed was amazing. He didn't come off annoying or distracting (not that he's supposed to be). This was by far the one Kiotr I've read that's really captured the true nature of their relationship.
mr-srw chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
i loved this story. it was the best kiotr i have ever read, even though one shots usually aren't my thing, especially ones so sad. thanks
femalegamer chapter 1 . 2/28/2006
Excellent story; the characters are close, but not flinging themselves at each other, AND their romance is a secondary thing to Kitty's emotional problems from dead students.
Messr. Prongs chapter 1 . 12/12/2005
OMG! I loved it!

I swear I almost cried when I read it, and if I wasn't a Colossus/Shadowcat fan before, I definitely am now.
Jeremy Harper chapter 1 . 10/20/2005
Lia,

It's amazing for me to see just how much you've grown as a writer over the course of nearly two years of writing fan fiction. With each new story, each new chapter you produce, your skill grows with leaps and bounds that Kal-El would even (Kal-El Kent, that is, not Kal-El Cage. I don't think he's up to appreciating fine writing just yet ;) ).

Cast Me Gently Into Morning is, by far, the best thing you've written yet, better than all the other fine stories you have under your belt so far. You flare for description is deft, generating palpable atmosphere without drowning the reader with excess verbiage. Your portrayal of Kitty and Peter and even Lockheed gets us into their heads flawlessly, makes us see and experience their past and their present, and puts us in synch with their emotions, their desires, their hopes and their fears. You make them feel REAL, something that most, perhaps all, of the X-writers working today seem incapable of.

Lockheed was amusing, in his brief cameo, giving us a moment of lightheartedness before delving into Kitty and Peter's complex emotions - their feelings of doubt, their desires, and their fear, almost resignation, that they will never achieve them, and their bravery in trying to anyway. Reading this story tonight hit home for me. I think you know why.

I'm in awe of your talent, Lia. You're so good. Each story you write is a joy. I just wish your pen flowed a little more freely than it does now. And I honestly believe that you could be published professionally someday, if you ever decide to turn your energies in the direction of original fiction. It's my opinion that Cast Me Gently Into Morning puts you right at the head of the Kiotr clique here at FFnet as the best writer among us.

With the greatest affection and admiration,

Jeremy
Legion Fan chapter 1 . 9/9/2005
Oh, my goodness this is lovely. I was 13 when Kitty was 13. Here I am now 37 and she is 21? This story reminds me why she is one of my favorite characters and why I feel like I've grown up with her.

The following is my favorite line: "Being near her made him believe he could once again become the man he had once been."

Thank you for sharing this.
Anhyala chapter 1 . 9/8/2005
Oh wow. I really loved the way you handled this, and I think it still fits in after reading #12. All that hugging going on... They're my One True Pair, so I'm sincere when I say you captured them perfectly. Also? Lockheed! I love that little guy, and I love his opinions (which I share) about Wisdom. Hee! This was a great story, I'm putting it into my favorites so I can enjoy it again and again! :)
lostconfessions chapter 1 . 9/4/2005
wow that was really good,really well written and one of the better stories that i've read in a while...good job
Joey1 chapter 1 . 9/3/2005
Very Nice. I'm not really a huge follower of Peter/Kitty (I just don't have huge romantic prefference for either of them in their comic incarnation,) but I can defintely get a nice cute little story, which this is. Nice little touch with Lockheed to, I might add.
darkstorm5000 chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
Very good story! And I wouldn't worry about what's happened in the comics recently, I really think that this fic could easily fit into current continuity anyways. I liked the reference to Wisdom as 'The Bad Man', and I loved the Kitty/Peter conversation and their affectionate displays afterwards. Anyways, keep up the good work...
sleepwalk chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
Lia . . . yer the greatest! I nEeDeD Kiotr fic. I NeEdEd Kiotr fic badly. I think you capture the very most core characteristic of their relationship. Its not that they have such history, its not that they fill a void in each other like Emma and Scott. Its not an intense, tragic longing like Remy and Rogue. The simplicity is that they are the single most important person in each others lives. Orphans that they are, they have their second family, but in each other they have absolution, vindication, realization. Even if they are only friends, its an unconditional love. The fact that both are attractive and are, in fact, the others definition of attractive doesn't hurt either.
Kitty Rasputin chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
Wow. You always know how to put feelings and emotions on the page that everyone knows they must be feeling. I wonder what you'll say after you read Astonishing #12. It wasn't as spectacular as I had hoped, but there were parts that made it all worth it.

P.S. Shadowcat has an actual part in X-men 3. It's not just a few seconds either.
Xakko chapter 1 . 8/31/2005
Very, very sweet. I think your Lockheed is dead on- the "breathing fire" allusion to Wisdom seems just the sort of thing he would think. You also captured the hesitancy we all know these two will have around one another. They are still close friends, but have so much hurt.

I hope there is more to this...
Madripoor Rose chapter 1 . 8/31/2005
LIA! Pounce! Once again you brought the funny...the bits with Lockheed, tugging Peter over to Kitty...and the angst. Just...so sweet and dark and perfectly heartbreaking with a warmth at the ending. Hm need muse buttkicking? Looks pointedly at Birthday Gift, taps foot. Looks around ffnet for Jeremy so I can kick him too. j/k
Dark-bat chapter 1 . 8/31/2005
Wow. I sure am glad I left my book in my dorm room. Suffering from cramps the size of an elephant, I had to trek all the way back to my dorm room. I only had fifteen minutes before having to leave again for my next class. I've spent most of them reading this wonderful story.

It was definately worth it.

Maybe I should forget my book more often?

But i honestly love it. It's short and sweet.

Who is Jacob? I'm probably just being ignorant right now.

and, I'm really anxious for the next chapter of "The Knight and the Maiden." Hint hint.

Always a joy reading your stories. Every singleone of them.