Reviews for At Last
accallia chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
Oh, that's so lovely. Incredible. Truly!
BuckleMyShoe chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
You think so deeply into your stories and characters; it's always brilliant. I wanted to read something quick, so when I looked at this I thought I'd probably give up before the end because it looked to long, but I was riveted all the way through.

I haven't read such a thorough and believable account of the change between Nine and Ten before. Or one that deals with Jack... So basically, you're fantastic.
Peacockgirl chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
This is really marvelous! It makes me quite sad that Rose never even mentions Jack's supposed death in the series, and while I appreciated his eventual return and finally getting an explanation about why he was left behind the fact that Rose never gets these answers-even though she was the one to resurrect him-seemed like a missed oppertunity. But this is just great. The memories shared at the wake really capture the spirit of the three of them that I loved at the end of series 1. And the whole scenario is a fantastic device to explore Rose's feelings about the Doctor's regeneration. Clever and well written and very amusing-wonderful job!
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
Good story.
Insane Troll Logic chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
So... ages and ages ago I read all your Angel fics because most of them were Doyle centric and oh so beautifully written. And I just this month got bit with the Doctor Who bug and came searching for fic. I've got to say, coming across your stuff has been quite a treat. You have a real gift for this. Thanks for writing.
skipchat chapter 1 . 7/8/2006
I love this story. It was one of the first Doctor Who fics that I read, and it remains amongst my favourites to this day.

What more can I say, except "Thank you for writing it"...
ice-connoisseur chapter 1 . 12/25/2005
hehe, that was ace! Are you gonna do moe, with them finding jack? cos you ought to! Please do!
Tessadragon chapter 1 . 9/9/2005
Sorry for not reviewing sooner. I really, genuinely, absolutely loved reading this story. You have a good grip of how Rose would have felt, and I could imagine it happening. Though I found it a bit confusing, because I've never thought that Jack died: Rose brought him back to life at the end but they abandoned him. That's what I thought had happened...very confused now! And you've increased my anticipation of what will happen in the Christmas Incident!

Tessadragon
eeveekitty85 chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
It's good. I like how it's choppy because I guess that's what it's like in Rose's head about now! I just thought it was a bit odd when you skipped to AFTER the christmas invasion...yeah, that was strange. But, a good fic.
Laseri chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
I think I'd call that a happy ending, to a very beautiful story. But why didn't they go back for Jack? He was alive, wasn't he? Or hadn't they figured it out?

Anyway, lovely fic with great descriptive passages and amazingly natural dialogue. Well done.

lase
staticrhubarb chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
Oh, so sad and at the same time quite cute!

And so true - "It may only be small, but it's what you do with it that matters". It makes you wanna get off your ass and do something great!

Fantastic.
Uh.yeah chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
Very, very nice. I like how you portrayed the Doctor and Rose was very much in character. And after all the angst, the ending was gentle and hopeful.

All in all, a brilliant fic.
Mel chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
Note to self: don't read fantastic happy/sad fic at work. I'm sat here sniffing trying not to have a happy/sad teary moment.

Beautifully written summing up exactly how I feel and how I suspect a lot of people feel. Thank you!
LilCosette chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
Brilliant. Fantastic (oh sacred of words ;) hehehe) I need to ask permission to use a passage of 'At Last' in my school diary (I have a collection of my fav quotes) I'd like to use:

"Don't you think I know?" he said softly, and she swallowed hard as he crouched in front of her, his weight resting on the balls of his feet. "Do you think it's easy, knowing someone—even knowing them your whole life—and then one day," he clicked his fingers. "Change. Just because it's a Time Lord trick doesn't mean the trick isn't sometimes on you."Change is supposed to come gradual, not all at once. But that's what my people do. Just a fact of life, and you just get on with living. Because you don't really have another option. You get on with life and living, and I don't know any other way of doing it."