Reviews for Smoke
Linnn chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
Mm, I definitely enjoyed this one exceptionally. Just so you know I've been reading through all your fics and I'm really having a great time. Thanks!
harrypotterchick4ever chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
awesome

i really liked it

touching
MorbidTruth chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
This piece was very pretty. I quite enjoy your writing style.
Lady Lark chapter 1 . 4/15/2006
Great little story! I love how you weaved everything together and that everything was so understated. Thank you for sharing!
Crystal chapter 1 . 9/4/2005
That was beautiful. I loved it.

I was actually here to read badfic to make fun of it, but I ended up with a good one instead :)
DanceswithHippogriffs chapter 1 . 9/3/2005
i loved this because it's good to know people will keep writing DG stories even after HBP tried to sabotage the couple. great story!
Dellarouge chapter 1 . 9/3/2005
i really really loved it. Its a sad story really, with the final loss of innocence, and yet its still happy. You feel very calm when reading and for me, i also felt like i was going to cry. A lovely story thankyou for writing it. The first person worked well.
Distempered chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
Very nicely done. I like your subtlety. It is DG, but it's almost like it could be anyone, really. And I think most people can relate to the cathartic burning of old love letters. Excellent work.
annie penrose chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
This is a sweet story! I actually wrote a similar scene in the latest chapter of one of my stories...but you didn't want to know that, and that's not what I clicked the button to tell you.

I like this as a 'rite of passage' for Ginny; moving from her old life into her new one. It makes me wonder how she and Draco got together: what their history is. There is a very gentle tone to the whole piece that's in keeping with the action. Very nice.

And since you said you wanted con-crit, I'll just mention that your verb tenses seem to flip flop between past perfect and present tense-often within the same sentence-which is a tiny bit of distraction. But in the big picture of the story, it's a tiny thing.

I'm glad I saw your name on the updates!
Alexandria J. Malfoy chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
aww that was really good. well done i loved it!
LadyRhiyana chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
Nice. I love the idea of Molly Weasley as a hoarder of memories and mementos (I can really imagine it) and the candid outline of Ginny and Harry's relationship. The bonfire of memories was quite poignant.

Thanks very much
Kerichi chapter 1 . 8/31/2005
This reminds me of Little Women, a bit, Jo's poem 'In the Garret'

Four little chests all in a row,

Dim with dust, worn by time,

All fashioned and filled long ago,

By children now in their prime...

It was like Ginny was saying goodbye to her childhood and very melancholy sweet. The first person was very well done. Only one thing caught my eye- loads of I am instead of varying it with I'm. If you were going for the formal, contemplative tone, you might just want to edit the other contractions used like He'll, and didn't into He will, etc...

Ack, constructiveness is giving me hives, lol. I'd rather say what I liked- the whimsical images in smoke and Draco and Ginny getting married!
Wolfish Inclinations chapter 1 . 8/31/2005
Beautiful story. A wonderfully written older Ginny. Just the symbolism of letting go of the immature loves she had before, and moving on with Draco with the burning of the letters...Gorgeous!