Reviews for Through A Mirror Darkly
Bergamotte chapter 22 . 2/7/2013
Through a Mirror Darkly has the flavor and intensity of a Colleen McCullough novel. This author is just awe-inspiring. I (and many other readers, apparently) would LOVE to read the end of the story. I have to add it to my favorites list even though it's not yet complete.
sohna chapter 22 . 3/11/2012
This was one well-written and well-plotted story. Too bad you lost interest before you finished it.
debkay chapter 22 . 10/13/2008
What an incredible story! I stayed up until 2 am to finish this, then couldn't sleep. It is so well written and such a wonderful plot.

I wish you would just add one more ending chapter. It would certainly complete the story - I feel like I'm hanging just like the darn movie.

Incredible writing!
zeeksmom chapter 22 . 8/17/2008
I read this story with great enjoyment and admiration for your skill at presenting characters with real depth. I keep looking for updates but none appear-have you abandoned this? Please let us know; it's only fair. I do so hope you're going to continue. Could you give us some sort of idea what's going on?

Thanks so much,

Zeeksmom
phantoxicant chapter 21 . 5/28/2007
For the very most part I have enjoyed this story very much and have added it to my alerts although I find Erik's religious conversion to be a bit of a stretch. As I finish chapter 22, however, I am absolutely baffled by Lucien's reaction to Nadir. Hope this will become clear as the story unfolds.
midlagdobsessn chapter 22 . 9/28/2006
"With a sigh of contentment, he withdrew Erik’s present to him from the capacious pockets of his tunic. The white leather mask, alternately a symbol of fear and power to Erik, now appeared ineffective and ridiculous to him. He tossed it back and forth between his hands, whistling an old Norman folk tune as he sauntered back to his workshop."

Very well done, so far, but you've left us in limbo :-(

Anxious to see where you take this further,

MAO
02bher chapter 2 . 9/25/2006
This is a truly wonderful story! I have read many variations of "The Phantom of the Opera" and never tire of reading about it's characters. Labrat8355 has a beautiful way of making the characters come alive that is as equally believable and interesting as the movie it's self. The Phantom is a character that like many heros holds the readers spell bound with his mystery and intregue. It is good that authors look beyond the movie and it's Phantom he lived to come to terms with his "Jeckle&Hyde " personality and master his many skills to rule over his entourage with tactful grace yet remained the ever dangerous adversary when the need arose. I only hope that she continues to give us more of this delicious side of "The Phantom" and show us his still untamed side with his dangerous friends. No one can ever really tame a tiger now can they?
ForeverPhantoms chapter 22 . 9/23/2006
My emotion were all over on this chapter! I can't beleive I'm saying this, but I even found some respect for Raoul. Even if he lied about his recommision. Christine's unmovable love is just what Erik needs. I hope Erik buys out her contract and moves the wedding date up. Like the next update would make me happy! I can't wait for your next update!
MyDarkAngelErik chapter 22 . 9/19/2006
Me: wowzers that was long lol

Erik: yea she just has a short attention span

luv ur crazy reviewers

OG and MyDarkAngelErik
poetzproblem chapter 22 . 9/15/2006
Another wonderful chapter. I love the way you weave Leroux (and a bit of Kay) in with Webber and your own take on the story.

I'm so proud of Raoul, finally accepting that he was not the man who would make Christine happy. He could have acted in his own interests, but he has matured enough to let Christine go with grace and dignity.

And brava to Christine for fighting for her life with Erik, just as she determined she would in the last chapter.

I will eagerly await the next installment...even though it seems this story is wrapping itself up in a neat little bow.

Excellent job, as always.
mandmy2phans chapter 22 . 9/15/2006
Thank you for writing again. I too had started to give up hope, but now am rewarded by another fine chapter. I'm very attached to your story and am relieved it's still in the works. Your story is definitely worth the wait!

Did Erik give up the mask forever? Thank heavens. I can hardly wait to see their wedding and what follows.

Thank you again!
Lady Winifred chapter 22 . 9/15/2006
So everything will be alright afterall!
Pertie chapter 22 . 9/14/2006
First off; thank you for updating. I have to admit I'd about given up hope that you would. After reading this chapter - I can see why this would have taken so long to write. It's fantastic in it's depth of detail and knowledge. It couldn't have been easy to write and I thank you, dear Authoress, for going to the extreme extent that is this chapter.

I could hardly believe that Erik would willingly give up his beloved because he wanted to save her from his past. Having done so, however, showed the absolute depth of love one human being can have for another human being. How heartbreaking for him to do what he felt was the right thing to do; sending her father's violin back to her and then his leaving.

Thankfully; Christine is much more determined than Erik gave her credit for - and she went after her man. Surprisingly, Raoul aided in her finding of Erik. I would suppose that Raoul loved her enough to let her go where her heart lay. Nadir's help was invaluable to Christine, and surprising. Even though he himself fears Erik; he loved Erik enough to want what is best for his happiness.

Christine of course, went through the shock of realizing Erik's livelihood in Persia, but once she recovered from the shock she stood up straight and determined and went to get Erik back.

Erik's surprise at her finding him was perfection. He tried to turn her away too; Christine would have none of it and dogged in her determination, convinced Erik of her devotion, love, and acceptance and Erik returned to her arms.

Erik's relief was palpable, as was Christine's. I can only hope that the wedding is going to happen soon and before something else comes along to threaten their love.

This chapter was a roller coaster ride for this reader! I was happy, sad, worried, heartbroken and finally relieved that Erik was overruled by a strength that he didn't count on - that of his lovely bride to be.

This chapter was wonderfully long and beautifully detailed. I thank you for updating it and although I'd hope it not take as long to update again, I'd be honest in saying that it was definitely worth the wait.

Thank you for this fantastic chapter.
Pertie chapter 19 . 8/26/2006
This chapter was copied from an ARIA review dated 04/09/06:

Beautifully written chapter. Apparently Erik is of noble blood and a De Chagny at that. I’m glad Erik chose to be called Baron de Carpentier rather than Vicomte Erik de Chagny. How ironic that Raoul is related to Erik now – cousins? I am sure that this whole truth sharing has upended Raoul’s very existence. That Raoul was present and willing to be exposed to the family scandal involving what had happened with Erik; shows Raoul’s good breeding and sense of family honor. We should not forget that Raoul hates Erik, or so he believes. Erik’s disbelief and shock were perfect in keeping with his character and the refusal to bare the back of his head: astounding in his fearlessness to stand-up to anyone regardless of what their title is. Erik’s wanting to know the Opera name was so in tune with who he is and what he values above almost all else. What is this business about Christine’s father’s possible connection to the Bernadotte family? I hope it doesn’t mean she and Erik will not be able to wed! Thank you for updating, and sharing this wonderful story.
Pertie chapter 18 . 8/26/2006
This review was copied from an ARIA review dated 03/19/06:

Only Erik didn’t die one month after his birth did he? How is it Erik ended up the way he did despite what he was born to? I suspect we are going to find out more of Erik’s history, eventually. I would like to know why this ‘secret’ was shrouded for so long. Raoul’s anger is quite palpable, and expected. I’m glad his parents stood up to him, most notably his mother who is not a woman to be cowed. I am quite enjoying the courtship of Erik and Christine. I love how he comes alive in her presence and how she soothes his savage brow; calming him to the level of a docile beloved pet. It is quite fitting that Christine went with Erik to the de Chagny home and that she stayed by his side. The Comtesse is so wise in knowing that Christine needed to be with Erik at the meeting and in the process Raoul would witness Christine’s devotion to Erik. Erik’s insistence upon Christine not becoming a stiff boring matron: so in character and bodes well for the future of their relationship and its ability to never become complacent or boring. Poor Raoul though; he has a lot to deal with right now and what he is going through will either make him or break him. I suspect he’ll be a better person because of it. The part of this chapter where Christine goes into Erik’s bedroom, even noting the size of his bed: a sensual feast for us readers, not to mention the visions it lent the future Madame Christine de Carpentier. Thank you for updating. Beautiful chapter. Wonderful detailing. Excellent writing.