Reviews for Birds on the Wind
Sapphire Atkinson chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
on finding this site i'm sad to say that i'm not exactly sattisfied with my research because i wanted to discover if the tantaraza was actually a real dance but the content on the page is amazing but i would reccommend that next time you write about Kestrel and Marius, add a bitt of fierceness when Kestrel talks and a bit of it in her thoughts aswell and add more detail in her thoughts and you willbe a greater writer than you are right now.
austheke chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
Mmmmmm. I love Kess/Ortiz - I always have, since the first time I read the tantaraza scene. It's good to find fic for it. I love this - I think it's perfectly in character, and in the spirit of the dance. "for as long as their bodies moved with the same rhythm, they were in love again." Beautiful.

(Sorry, lame review. But what I mean is - you did a wonderful job.)

~Aus
Angel of Death chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
Good but you can not make my heart run faster while i read your "Birds on the Wind". Usually it would, but i feel like there's something missing. i cannot feel any love. Sorry but well written.
QueenCleopatra chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
This story brought painful tears to my eyes. To have a second chance at love after you are gone must be beautiful. Ortiz has been revealed to me in a different light. I see him as a man with a good soul, lead astray by the Master and blinded to goodness until he died. That he and Kestrel could meet again after their deaths is a dream that I wish could come true.

I tend to see inspiring or good books as a different kind of reality, but reality nonetheless. I occasionally get caught up in them to the point of separating myself from the real world.

This story was very well written, and very good. Keep up the good writing. Let your talents flourish.

Sincerely,

OMG OMG OMG OMG

HYPERVENTILATE!

SO CUTE
mad to love chapter 1 . 4/11/2008
The Ortiz/Kestrel ship is so hot.
Lady Ariez chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
I alwasy love this story... I wished the two of them could be together...

At the moment before Kestrel spoke up and Bowman was just about to join the Wind... I wondered how the couples woudl work out... I like how they ended... I only was sad both Ortiz and Kes died...
Overly Dramatic Angel chapter 1 . 10/10/2007
These books are my favorite! Still kind of working on the last book. I have to go back and read the first two again. Its kind of hard remembering all the characters...Theres so much. Love how you write and couldn't help but notice that you haven't up dated in FOREVER~...Hope you didn't disappear...*Gives her best puppy dog eyes and saddest pout ever.*

(Patiently waiting for your return)

-Overly Dramatic
FireEdge chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
I just recently read the last book in this trilogy, and it made me remember the second one. Which then led me to recall how I absolutely adored the Ortiz and Kestrel pairing. I think that I've read your story once before, but it seems I didn't leave a review. Anyway, I'd like to say that your story is beautiful, and showed their relationship perfectly. You also kept them both in character. I loved your ending, showing that Kestrel (despite her feelings) HAD been in love with Ortiz in that one moment. I wish that we could've seen more of their relationship in the book, but I think you did a very good job of that anyway.
Ellen Jacee chapter 1 . 8/6/2007
When I saw this, I was really worried that maybe you'd written an idea for a oneshot I had. Fortunately, they're slightly different. I can still write whatever I want. Not that you care. Just an anecdote.

I'm so glad you wrote this. It will make me feel less guilty about my fic. I've always been in love with the idea of, well, love. Kestrel and Ortiz. And you made this realistic - Ortiz hurt Kess so much, it would be very hard for her to love him. This way, there's a both happy and realistic ending.

This is told really straightforwardly, and, though in other cases, it might have bothered me, here, I liked the straightforwardness. There was room for pretty language, but you cunningly didn't use it. Simple words were enough to tell their stories.

And the tantaraza. It may just be me, but truly dancing the tantaraza is like a dream that lives somewhere in the back of your mind, silently nagging, reminding you of something that you don't and probably never will have...

Thank you.

LN
Elf chapter 1 . 7/15/2007
I think this is the second time I read this fiction...it really is amazing...the use of poetic tones are brilliant...I feel like I am in love with them again! Thanks! Hope u can write more on them...
coolberyl chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
Oh! Thank you so much for writing this! I love the Ortiz/Kestrel pairing and I think you did a wonderful job with it! This story is definitetly going in my favorites
KaboomingKitsune-LookWhoBlewUpTheToilet chapter 1 . 11/7/2006