Reviews for Safeguard
chibi heishi chapter 17 . 3/10/2011
*whoops and hollers and laughs delightedly* You GO Kaiba! Both of you! This was AWESOME!
daemoninwhite chapter 17 . 3/5/2011
I read this today all in one sitting, and all I can say is, you are something else. The way you write is so emotional, so evocative, that I actually had to get up and walk away several times because I knew that otherwise I'd cry. The first few chapters, when you believe that Mokuba is dead, are absolutely heart-rendering. Kaiba's non-reaction to it is just heart-breaking, especially when contrasted to the reactions of the rest of the 'crew'. I was so happy when 'I' found out that Mokuba wasn't dead, I had the biggest grin on my face. Then, of course, you think that he may die, or Kaiba might, and I can tell you this much, I'm glad that it's finished! The cliffhangers might have killed me otherwise!

However, my hands down favourite bit is all the correct references to Japanese culture and just general bits of life. I've lived in Japan for a couple of years, and I wince whenever a fic 'takes place in Japan' and you just mentally list everything that's wrong, especially with the school system. But this, this was perfect. I loved the reference to melon pan, because I love them so much, and miss them dearly.

All in all, this was a brilliant piece of writing. It's an emotional rollercoaster that makes you genuinely not want to turn the next page, because you're worried that it might get worse, but it also makes you want to hurry and get to the end, because you hope to God that there's a happy ending. I'm so happy that there was one.
Shadows.Dance chapter 17 . 2/13/2011
I loved your fic! The entire plot was brilliant, the action, and the brotherhood between Kaiba and Mokuba. You captured how self-reliant Mokuba really can be (something some writers miss when they write about the Kaiba brothers), but also how much stronger the two of them are together. It was fantastic :)
JiffyFrose chapter 17 . 2/3/2011
LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! You got a great talent, I didn't want to stop reading until after I finished! This should be made into a movie, haha.
TrisakAminawn chapter 5 . 12/17/2010
Oh, that's low. Still very good.

Also: Oh. Honda Katsuya. Heh. Very funny. 'What's the most boring, ordinary name we can give you?' 'Honda Katsuya?' '...fine.'

Takeuchi looks like a rabbit in my head. Heh.
TrisakAminawn chapter 4 . 12/17/2010
Bwahaha! He's alive! Whooooooo!

...why is he using JONOUCHI'S first name as his alias? Please tell me that comes up somehow later.

Great writing.
AkaiXTsubasa chapter 17 . 10/25/2010
Amazing. Wonderful. Awesome. Perfect.

You're probably the best Yugioh fanfic writer I've ever had the pleasure of coming across. Really, I'm not kidding. This was just great, just as good as Legally Insane. (is a bit of a Kaiba fan, Mokuba and Seto don't get enough time in the spotlight of the seriesss)

Thumbs up! (about fifty times) 3
Jensam chapter 17 . 10/18/2010
I'm never going to get tired of your Kaiba centric fanfiction. This had a great plot, not predictable, and the original characters added just the right amount of conflict and support. Kaiba and Mokuba have an amazing bond, and it's shown here in an excellent fashion.

Thanks for the read! : )
MooseFlower chapter 17 . 10/16/2010
Awesome story. Thanks for writing it. I really liked reading from the different perspectives of all the characters.
GoldenDragon326 chapter 17 . 10/10/2010
Awesome. . I love how this story ended up. Though it really took you 5 years to finish it? Ouch. . Glad it was all here when I showed up though. .
GoldenDragon326 chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
THANK GOD!

I almost decided not to read the story 'cause Mokuba was dead (even though I've read almost all your other stories), but I decided to switch to the epilogue and my relief once I started reading... . Ok, time to find out what the heck is going on. .

*phew* crisis averted. .
TexasDreamer01 chapter 17 . 10/9/2010
your stories are awesome enough that the dent it's taking for reading them is quite noticeable. *must get around to chores*

;D,

brittney
adele4 chapter 17 . 9/16/2010
I -loved- the last chapter so much! The suspense, and then the way they used the holograms – wow. It was really, really great.

The epilogue was wonderful too. I loved how we can sense the connection they all have (Kaiba and Yuugi especially – that line both liking to preserve the illusion! And the whole bit about Yuugi endorsing the new duel disk, heh; and then all of them fooling around with it!).

And Seto and Mokuba of course, love how you write them and their relationship. Really liked that bit too: "'They really thought I was gone...'

'Only because they don't know you,' his brother said, and he sounded as triumphant as any world competition champion."

Love the ending as well.
croquant chapter 17 . 9/15/2010
Entertaining and a good plot. Continue writing!
black heart green eyes chapter 17 . 7/22/2010