Reviews for Katrina
time can take its toll chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
Oh - !

That was so touching. ;-; It's been a while, but this whole piece is just so emotional and stunning. It had me scared for their lives, and I could hardly look away while I read it - it's that awesome. ;-; Anyhow. Spectacular job, your writing is gorgeous! ]

- Zanisha.
Jayden Breeze chapter 1 . 10/6/2005
Man...that's tough stuff there. I'm not saying anything why you made another story after what you said, but i'm pretty glad you wrote this. I live near the border of Mississippi by Southaven, and we know how bad it is, though we didn't get anything but rain and wind. And the M's praying for those who were hit by Katrina. We still got shelters running, and still running some food dirves. But anyway, great story, and still waiting on AFT2 on the new site.

P.S. I'm, kinda writing a story almost similar to AFT, but i'm following my own line, and I was kind of wondering for a little prayer of my own from you. Please? Please with sugar on top?
Jupiter-Lightning chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
*sniffs* that was so sad, but very good and great of you to dedicate this to the victims of Katrina. God Bless!
the wandering azn chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
Very good story that has a mix of reality and the game. Interesting how you were able to mesh both very well together, heck even explain a few of the things on the Children's Island. Anyways, definitely a good tribute those who went through hurricane katrina.
Crimmy chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
... yeah, okay, so I was too lazy to log in.

Moving on, the other reviewers are seriously pissing me off, and I hope some of them read this.

You've gone through a LOT because of Katrina. It's no small thing. Okay, so, they think it's wrong to write about something so terrible as that hurricane, eh, because it's insulting? Fine. Let them think that.

But the fact is, you aren't writing just for fun like some authors. Part of this story is that it's a reflection of yourself and your consern for your family and everyone else who was directly affected by the storm.

Besides, half of the people in the nation are more conserned with their wallets because of the increased gas prices than the people out there SUFFERING.

... Damn, now I'm all pissy at Zach again.

Oh well. Nice job, Reezy. Ignore the reviews when you read 'um cause you've come back from helping your family.

Crimmy-chan
Mandeth chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
Alright...what to say.

This piece of fanfiction was moving. It was as if I was really there experiencing something to that extreme. Hurricane Katrina was a very sad and terrible occurance. The way you wrote this oneshot was beatiful. You made the words float so freely, it was impressive. I was very surprised to see it done so well.

You portrayed the characters wonderfully, keeping them in character as the storm came and how they would think and react to it. It was mind-blowing. I had my doubts on this fanfiction because of the purpose of it and because of it being about the tragedy that had happened was why I worried that it would be VERY offensive and it would make people want to riot and stuff (maybe not literally, but maybe mentally because it is a very touchy subject).

Things I wasn't too fond of: Honestly, I review the story if I think it deserves it and this story is no exception, but like other people I think this story could have waited to be brought onto the internet. It's still fresh in everyone's minds and there is a lot of conflict going on between people about this disaster. I would have waited for a few more months or so until everyone is getting back on track and yet they are still grieving, it won't hurt as much (though I couldn't honestly say, I wasn't there to experience it). People might read this and think this insulting. I think it's very good that you thought about these people, but you must also take into account on people that have lived through this disaster and are reading this fanfic. They might have some trouble later on because to them it changed their lives forever and they will never be the same again.

I'm not trying to sound mean, far from it. I just feel like I can give my honest opinion about it.

Also, I disagree with some of the reviews you have gotten for this oneshot. You might not be old enough to give blood or you might not have the money to donate. You were thinking of a way to give to the suriviors in your own way. People need to understand that different people have a different way of expressing their feelings and this was how you expressed yours. I also want to thank you for dedicating this to the people that surivived and the people that have passed on and for everyone that has donated. It was very thoughtful of you to do so. Thank you.

Anyway, I wanted to say it was lovely. You did wonderful and don't let the reviews that say it was horrible get you down. It could have waited till it was posted since like I said it was a touchy subject maybe it could have waited until everything cools down, but your details were on the spot. Great job.
Winged Knight chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
It was beautiful. A worthy dedication.
soccergirl13 chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
Another fantasic piece.

You go, Reez.
CodeLyoko chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
Katrina would've hit us if it has gone on the northwest coast of Florida. But it didnt. I feel so sorry for everyone who dealt with it. Thanks for writing this story, it was well done.
Rain Urameshi chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
...don't listen to some of those insensitive reviewers. This was beautiful, and written exactly what a hurricane of that magnitude would've been like for the survivors. If they knew what you have already done for the victims, they wouldn't be so quick to criticize. _ Dedicating something like this to the victims of Katrina is very inspirational.

You go, girl. _

-Ranko Urameshi
DemonicK chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
Beautifully written as usual... And soul stirring. A piece like this really means something, you know? I hope that survivors of this storm can see this. God bless, Reez.
Karin Starsen chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
That was so beutiful. Another great fanfic from you! It also makes sense for why Riku would want to leave so badly as to join the Darkness, just to leave destiny island. I loved it, and it was very sentimental. Thank you so much for your brilliance.

Karin
Sky Bolt chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
A very good story and a nice sentiment. Though I am confused as to why it is here on since you weren't going to post here anymore. Meh, anyway good story.
Annjirika chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
Absolutely stunning.

Congratulations on a perfect peice of fanfiction.

God bless the survivors and victims of Katrina.