Reviews for An Elflord's Patience
DeepRootsAerNotReached chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
So Gimli and Legolas became friends because Gimli cut down the Mary-Sue that kissed Legolas? I would have become his friend, too... And the "who died and made you king" was just great with that answer. Next time someone asks me that I m going to say Gil-Galad, too...

Frostless
BaraKiryuHuntress chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
This made me giggle! :)
Terikel chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Absolutely great. I haven't laughed that hard in a while, thank you. xD

The Mary Sues were great, with their names, origins and special abilities. xD

Their slaying really had to be done.
A Mistake chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
Nice Sue-executions! Poor, poor Elrond. Having five of them over at once when he's trying to lead a meeting is not a blessing for anyone's mood. I agree with Gandalf-it's good that he finally lost his patience. If not, how many of the critters need to swarm over before he did? Eleven? Fifteen? *shudders*. Thank goodness they're all dead.
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
Hilarious! DEATH TO THE SUES!

One error-

You typed " even an elf lord can losehis patience" -a space got away from you. :) Great job!
Desertfyre chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
ROFL! That was hilarious! Even I'm glad that Elrond lost it. Frodo when 'gollum' on Kate...was the thought that came to mind when Frodo acted un-hobbit like.

Great story!
oldRazberri chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Hahah! I loved that. Great characterization of the various Mary Sue types that have plagued the Council of Elrond for centuries.

~Raz
WhiteGloves chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
LOL XD

I just had to laugh! ;p

Great story!
LynxL chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
“Whose Gil-galad? Is he hot?”

“No, he’s cold. Cold and dead,” said Gandalf bluntly.

Hahah! That's just great! :D And I like that you imply that this is how Legola's and Gimli's friendship begins
Ohtar Vicky chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
I absolutely love it! Really funny!

Brilliant! V*
The Evil Obvious chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
ha that was great! i haven't seen many fanfics where Elrond has killed the mary sues, it's normally Legolas. i don't blame him either! but unfortunately you shamed my name by using it! aw well, i guess it was for a good cause, though really, at the very very very very very very ect. unlikely chance that i was ever a merry sue, i definitely wouldn't go after Frodo, i think he's an annoying emo brat.(sorry people who like Frodo, don't worry i like Boromir...and he's practically insane) now i will shut up because i talk to much, even online. yay for mary-sue bashing!
Hiyami chapter 1 . 10/30/2007
*grinning like a fool* This is a TREASURE! 1st time reading a LOTR fic and this is what I get :D (Found it in a fav list of another author). I absolutely love this!

Fav lines: "Gandalf once said something about it, but Elrond had reminded him that it was the Council of Elrond, not the Council of Gandalf."

"Frodo was nearly cutting the circulation off of Gandalf’s arm as he clutched him in fear and paranoia, for sitting right next to him was this mortal girl Elrond assumed to be around fourteen or fifteen years."

"Though he’d rather be the Dúnadan than the Mirkwood elf, he immediately admitted to himself as he looked to Legolas, who had two girls flanking him." Poor Legolas.

"“You cannot stop it, Father?” asked his ‘daughter’. Everyone at the council was openly staring at her as if she were mad. Which, of course, she was.

“No, I cannot,” said Elrond, resisting the urge to roll his eyes."

"“You cannot, Father! Then how shall I, Elwen Dawnstar, be able do anything?”

“You cannot do anything, and I never said you could,” Elrond growled."

"“And what is Celeborn, chop suey?” Aragorn snarled. Everyone turned to stare at him. “Learned it from one of the girls last week,” he shrugged."

"Elrond quickly continued his speech before the stupid girl revealed the secret information. He already knew that Galadriel would have killed this Liniel right on the spot for revealing her ownership to Nenya. Though Gandalf looked as if he was going to kill her for claiming ownership to Narya." I won't mind Gandalf killing her. Nope. Not at all.

"I have not even reached that part!” Elrond screamed, and then turned to Frodo and snarled, “Bring out that stupid Ring!”

Frodo, absolutely terrified, ran up to the pedestal, put it down, and ran back to his seat all within the time of five seconds. Everyone was staring at Elrond."

"“Would you hush?” Elrond growled, and the girl turned to him.

“Why should I? Who died and made you king?”

“Gil-galad,” he growled, “but I declined the position.” The girl frowned.

“Whose Gil-galad? Is he hot?”

“No, he’s cold. Cold and dead,” said Gandalf bluntly."

"“YOU SHALL NOT INTERRUPT MY COUNCIL!” he yelled in a very loud, commanding elf-lord voice. “I shall slay the next one to interrupt me again!” Everyone fell silent, all staring at him. Eyes wide, he glared at all five of the girls. “You. Shall. Not. Interrupt. My. Council. Again.” There was silence.

“Honestly, I don’t think you’d do it-” started Liniel in her haughty voice. She found herself wrong." GO ELROND!

""Elrond sighed as he put down his sword. “My apologies-” he started.

“Apologies, my lord? You did us all a favor!” Boromir said, bowing to the elf-lord. “Long have I wanted to slay these foul creatures.”

“Aye, Lord Elrond,” said Gandalf, a twinkle in his eye. “It is good that even an elf-lord can losehis patience.”" *blinks* Twinkle in his eye? That reminds me of Dumbledore...

Write more! *still grinning like a fool even though it's starting to hurt*
Song in the woods chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
LOL very good! I love parady.
MoonlitPuddle chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
HAHAHAHA! that was so funny it was painful! this is going into my favs!really great!
Illwynd chapter 1 . 12/20/2006
Ahh, it's good to see some Sues buy it! The bit about it being "the Council of Elrond, not the Council of Gandalf" and the whole thing about Gil-galad were definitely giggle-worthy. _
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »