Reviews for Breakdowns and Beginnings
LadyGreatSkullZero chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Oooh, now that's some good Spangel right there ;D

There were so many parts that were brilliant... May I go through them? XD

"Plus with the gem inlayed handle it's kind of pretty." This really made it setlle into Angel's P.O.V, as I wasn't sure if it was third-person in the beginning. That sort of idle switch from one thing to another is just like him :D

"...attached to a petulant frown of a child that has been told that it has to share its toys." - a grogeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS line. Captures Spike's attitude in small confrontations with Angel - it is him to a 'T'. I love it so much, I can see his expression. Fantastic!

Whats better, is you immediately followed up with "...that description could be applied to both of them, but quickly shelves it and goes for righteous indignation instead." which is of course, Angel's reaction. In the series, I can see in parts where he thnks of him and Spike being similar but refuses to acknowledge it - you got that bang on! SO GOOD MAN!

"alpha male armour nailed back on" - great use of imagery. Just like Angel to cover a moment of weakness up.

"his heart presses against his chest in uncharacteristic lightness" ooooh, such a nice description... Angel is always shown with a 'heavy whtdrawn' attitude towards others, even those he cares about. Its very rare to see him come out of that shell. In his P.O.V you've shown that, and it makes the reader connect with your Angel really well :)

"Angel's eyebrows make a run for his hairline" GAH his suprise is summed up in just this line. SO WELL infact that it lends to the image of his expression too :D

"Spike, the poster boy for emotional flux" I like this A LOT. THe idea of him as a poster boy especially w xDD"" But it's definitely true :3

The only criticism I can give is that the paragraphing was a little clustered and made the story difficult to follow in places. Apart from that, it was brilliant! xx
Amanda Saitou chapter 1 . 3/30/2007
My,you have a great talent to put these two together! And with few words and talks! This one sounds so canon to the last season, it could really have happened, if Angel could see beyond his blindness... good work!:)
Flight of Fancy chapter 1 . 9/23/2005
Oh, I love it! It's sweet without being obnoxious, and a realisitc way for the boys to come together. There really wouldn't be any big heart-flowers-and-fireworks love, jsut a simple coming together of two lonely people. Way to go.
lilithangel chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
this was really good, I can just see Angel realising that way and freaking out over it.
Angel sumoritos chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
Aswemome. like I love it
mein-dritte-auge chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
Can I say that I'm in love with this? 'Cause I am. :) Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. I love the part about Angel's phallic symbol. :) And I must say, Spike was just huggable. Truly huggable. And, apparently to Angel, kissable. Which was very nice. Very nice indeed. You've just cheered up ShinodaBear's day. Don't you feel accomplished? :) Seriously, my day's been icky. Thank you very much for writing this superb piece. Great details. Great flow. Great characterization. Great everything. *Applauds like a maniac*
Kamp chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
extremely well-written and quite lovely to read. i feel that angel's characterization was perfect and spike's reaction and intuition was also in character.

((Well that’s what the whole running away bit was about, yes? You having an existential crisis after making goo goo eyes at me and giving me your phallic symbol to go fight with.))

::smirk:: i just love well-written and not overly angsty Spike/Angel fics.
Spikeddraco666 chapter 1 . 9/2/2005