Reviews for No Good Deed
Marvel-Tolkien Fangirl chapter 4 . 2/26/2013
Amazing story so far! I think Thano is being manipulated into something he doesn't understand. I'm assuming that the horses he received are the ones stolen from Rohan? Nasir is setting him up :( Only question now is whether or not Ghayur is in on the plot :D
Daemith chapter 12 . 1/12/2008
Oh, I like this! It's very good, and it certainly addresses a point people often forget, that simply freeing people may not be a blessing to them. I like it, it's all very in character, and very believable.
An Aspiring Author chapter 12 . 7/24/2007
excellent story! it had me intrigued almost from the beginning! it was so intricate and beautifully planned! congrats on such a great story!
C. Shannon chapter 12 . 12/6/2005
Since the story is finished I dont know whether or not youll read any comments on it anymore, but still, in case you do, heres mine.

First of all, it was a really fascinating story. I liked the way all of your characters acted, it seemed very believable to me. If this story could use anything, though, it would be descriptions. What do the people of Nurn, Harad and all the other characters (at least the ones you introduced) look like, what about Gorgoroth after Saurons fall, stuff like that.

And perhaps you should insert a blank line each time you change the scenes, not just start a new paragraph, it generally makes reading easier.
Julia chapter 12 . 11/18/2005
A very satisfying ending to a well-written tale. Nice to see Arwen, Aragorn, and the baby all back together in MT. Love how Gimli and the dwarves are fixing up the damage to the Citadel. Aragorn treated Wen very well under the circumstances, and I'm glad the people of Nurn will have help in learning how to be self-supporting.

I liked the development with Legolas and the elves, and thought it was realistic after what had happened to them. I hate stories where something tragic happens and then everybody is back to happy 2 chapters later like it never even occured.

I hope you do decide to write a sequel, especially if Ghayur is going to make an appearance. He's an oily bastard, but I like him.
Sarahbarr17 chapter 12 . 11/18/2005
An excellent closing chapter. What virtuous people Aragorn and Arwen are! No wonder Wen feels ashamed by their goodness.

I am glad that things did not progress beyond the point of amendment!

Looking forward to your next story...

Lots of love,

Sarah x
Lyn chapter 11 . 11/18/2005
Ah...a very good tale, well told!

Just two comments:

I am so used to "Caliph" that every time I

saw "Calif" I thought "California". Oh, well...

The abduction of Arwen was so swift it seemed

unbelievable. Perhaps including the spies in the

tale and enlarging the account might have made

it more believable.

Congratulations on a well conceived and

finely wrote story. I look forward to future

tales...perhaps one with humor and more

Legolas? My two favorite combinations.
Nienor Niniel chapter 12 . 11/17/2005
Hm, so it ends. Very unusual ending, but that's very good. After sad events, a "happily ever after" would be flat.

What can I say? I enjoyed this fic very much, and I'll watch out for more of your writing.

All the best to you, Nienor
Sarahbarr17 chapter 11 . 11/11/2005
An exciting climax to a highly entertaining story.

Looking forward to the concluding chapter!

Will we have another sequel to this story?

Love and hugs,

Sarah x
grumpy chapter 11 . 11/11/2005
Yeah, Aragorn, Arwin and Ninniah are together again. Aragorn is right not to leave things as they are, and not to trust Ghayur.
Julia chapter 11 . 11/10/2005
Very exciting chapter! Glad to see everything out in the open, the bad guys rounded up, and Arwen and the baby safe. I hope Aragorn does send some people to help the people of Nurn learn how to farm properly, despite Thano's actions.

Ghayur and that betrothal! Wouldn't it be funny though, if Ninniach and his son meet somehow when they grow up and fall in love? Well, I'm sure Aragorn wouldn't find it funny.
Ainu Laire chapter 10 . 11/3/2005
... oh my. *blink* This should be... interesting. I do believe I love Ghayur now. That is a most hilarious comment. It does look like he was telling the truth and Nasir was conspiring against both Harad and Gondor... now, let us see what will happen... the lord of Harad and the wife and child of the King of Gondor are in an obviously dire situation. What I am wondering is what everyone else will do... *eyes gleam with anticipation*
Julia chapter 10 . 11/3/2005
That Thano! (shakes head) I liked it when he spoke up for Ninniach, but his remark about training her to be a maid for his woman showed that the guy just doesn't get it. He could be in for a world of hurt if he continues on his present path.

A very exciting chapter. Glad to see all the captives rescued and in reasonably good shape. Can't wait to see how it all plays out and who the guilty party behind the plot is.
Nienor Niniel chapter 10 . 11/3/2005
Hm, I do not fully get it. Why does someone hold a blade to Ghayur's throat? And what will happen next?

You really managed to confuse me. But I guess you'll tell us more in the next chapter. ;-)

Until then, Nienor
Julia chapter 9 . 10/28/2005
Happy to see the elves rescue Eowyn and the kids, but sad to learn that Doronrin was murdered. She will be missed.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »