Reviews for Doubt
RLfan chapter 1 . 6/20/2007
Wow. That was great! You should write a sequel. It would be so great if Remus ended up in charge of the Order. Great job!
Kwala chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
YES! this is exactly what i thought at the end of the halfblood prince. Most people i told about my theory seemed surprised at that thought of snape. nice to have a kindered thinker...and this was very well written.
Rill of Fantasia chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
Good job. Minerva was dead on. I liked where she remembered Remus as a student, and even more, where she thought to herself that Remus deserved to be smacked. That part I could hear completely, Scottish accent and everything.

Remus was a decent characterization. The parts from his PoV weren't off, but they sounded more as if someone else was repeating his thoughts rather than as if he were thinking them himself.

As for Dumbledore's letter, something wasn't quite there. It sounded like what Dumbledore would write, but not the way he would write it. I think it should have show some of his bizarre lightheartedness and show more deeply the sorrow he no doubt feels at Snape's (and Draco's) impossible dilemna, and perhaps even sympathy for Narcissa and for the many who will mourn him. Easier said than done, I know.

Typo: "The Remus she knew best what a man who was too stubborn to end anything." I assume you meant was a man.

Only one thing was really jarring. You have Dumbledore say that no sixteen year old is capable of murder. Tom Riddle, as Dumbledore would know better than anyone, was that age when he killed Myrtle.

Oh, and a compliment to close. The initial mistrust between Remus and Minerva when she finds him was right on. Both of them have been betrayed before by those whom they trusted, and both are somewhat cautious by nature.
TDU chapter 1 . 9/10/2005
It took me a while to find this one (funnily enough Minerva - Remus isn't high on my list of favourite pairings). However, it was easily up to your usual standard. I really can see Remus taking over leadership of the Order. Actually, I can't see who else could. This is a very neat way of passing the baton. Well done!
Liv of life chapter 1 . 9/4/2005
If you're not right I'll eat my hats (and I have a lot of them). I quite enjoyed reading this, the relationship you created at the beginning between Remus and Minerva was lovely- it'd be great if your wrote a fic based on them. I don't like writing Dumbledore much either, I think though, that's because I didn't like what JKR did to him in the later books, he's just became too senile and stupid for my liking- no wisdom at all. Anyway, Happy writings!

Liv
saiyanwizard chapter 1 . 9/3/2005
Wow, this was really deep. In my opinion, your Dumbledore was slightly off, but there were parts of him that were very...him. I have also greatly entertained the idea of Severus killing Albus on the headmaster's orders, but I'm still not sure of it. Also, I personally could not imagine Remus being a smoker (although I have read another story in which he is one). I saw a few spelling and grammar errors, but not too many to distract me from the story. I'd like to see you write a sequel to this (maybe when Remus finds Severus). Anyway, thanks for sharing this with us (it was excellent), and I look forward to more from you!

Aloha from Hawaii!

Steph
mercutio-rane chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
Lovely lovely lovely! This worked perfectly and I'm so glad you decided to write this.

And no, I can't tell you don't feel like Dumbledore a character you're good at writing, because you did a fantastic job with the letter. I'm especially fond of the last few lines where he says don't think that the simple joys of life belittle death. That was beautifully rendered.

I love Remus' quiet trepidation in this, as he takes over the weighty responsibility of the Order; but he does so with resignation more than reticence, which makes him the stalid, steadfast foundation that Dumbledore knows him to be.

Bravo on a lovely one-shot! (as per the usual review, I must say this would be a great one to continue on (big smile) :)
MarilynJean chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
this was really, really good. very well written. although i dont really like how you portrayed remus, you gave him kind of a bad $$ personality. but, other than that, it was great.