Reviews for The Difference Between He and I
PersonOfUniverse chapter 1 . 12/4/2019
I absolutely love. I really do think that the poem has meaning, you should be proud.️
moodysavage chapter 1 . 1/30/2019
I like this! Nice meter and tone. Very fitting for HP characters.
TheSnake chapter 1 . 3/17/2017
I can't decide who's saying this. I haven't read enough founders fics to fit the suggested characters, so I usually just let my mind fit the story while I read the poem
Alex chapter 1 . 3/17/2017
I really like this poem. It captures a lot and really throws a light on the area where bravery and foolishness mix. I really don't know how to verbalize the idea of this poem, but I want to say: I wish my English class read more poems like this, because that was beautiful. On the topic of reactions, this poem can be read with so many different tones and still make sense and sometimes when I read it I want to laugh, but other times it just makes me smile. I think my favorite way to read it is with a voice that's just slightly saddened and nostalgic.
Loopy Leefy chapter 1 . 1/21/2016
Ah, poetry;
I love it so,
I wrote a lot last year.
This one is great,
One I can't hate;
It's music to my ears.
Slytherin of the Sea chapter 1 . 1/2/2015
Cute :)
Outasync chapter 1 . 11/28/2014
I like this. There are many kinds of courage, and only a fool mocks that which he does not understand.

To turn away deliberately is not the same thing as fleeing in terror. The only problem is knowing when to call the task impossible. To judge that takes wisdom, experience and a whole lot of self knowledge; and so I see this as Salazar and Godric only because school children are not (usually) in a position to make that sort of judgement call.
the other world chapter 1 . 5/18/2014
its really good! i like how it could apply to so many people. i first read it without reading the AN and i thought it was harry and severus after dumbledores death. then i saw it was salazar and godric. i agree, it could fit many slytherins and gryffindors.
i personally feel that i am a mix of the two types of courage - there are some matters i absolutely do not stand down on even if i feel that I'm doomed to fail, but others, i feel that backing down and finding another way is much more effective than being rash and -well- gryffindor.
nice to read and rather touching
I've got absolutely no idea why your dad laughed.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
It's a little short but I much better than thing I could of done
Elise Ivorie chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
This is amazing! It inspired some of my own work, and I'm now in the running for my school's Oscars. I love it!
sesshoumaru4me chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
I love all your work. The thing that irks me most about J.K. Rowling's books (or fans) is the idea of gryffindor courage. I think it's more stupidety. I like slytherin better, for they are the ones that have something to lose.

Whats there for courage for Harry to fight Voldemort and not join him? It is not as if his friends or parents pressure him to join, nor are they in more danger by refusing to join then they already are. When you have nothing to lose it makes it less difficult to choose, I think.

Anyway - what I mean to say is that I like your stories since it is one of the few griffindor harry stories that I really like (and read multiple times).

Is it possible to download the story Time to spare? If not, promise me to never take it down? :D
sma erDnIy lnO chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
its a good poem )
n'Faele chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
I like this, especially the last stanza. I don't know why I thought the last stanza so good, even more so than the others, sorry. I'm not certain the word 'dreaded' in the second line of that last stanza fits - it implies expectation, but the poem read to me as that day being a surprise.

I read other reviews before posting this, and noticed several that requested you write an expanded version of the poem. While this certainly wouldn't be unappreciated, here's a request that if you choose to do so, you keep it as nonspecific as the current version; I read this more as a poem on the nature of courage than one on a basic Slytherin-Gryffindor difference, and think that that is one of its charms.
Lai chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
I really liked this poem. It's very clever. But you do realise that 'The difference between He and I' is very bad grammar don't you? It should be 'him and me'. I don't know - maybe you did it deliberately for a better sounding title. Sorry, but I am stickler when it comes to grammar and things like that really get to me!

But the poem was wonderful!
HeyokaCrow chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Sometimes the simplest words say the most things. Awesome job!
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »