Reviews for Remember me
SpareSpares chapter 1 . 11/14
Ouch! This was so sad! Bobby seems like the type of character to carry a lot of regret and guilt around on his shoulders, but also the sort who doesn't (or can't) find the right way to go about dealing with it. I completely had that impression reinforced reading this, and there were a few lines that I felt were particularly well-written.

"Bobby was the loose cannon; the one Evelyn could never get to settle down. He was a stallion, struggling to get free from his past." This suits Bobby's character well, in my opinion. He stays a pretty static character throughout I think, up until the very end of course, and definitely seems like the one who wasn't interested in/able to settle down anywhere. I feel like all of the brothers have very strong and distinctive character traits, and even though Bobby probably seems like the strongest and most direct personality of the four, I always got the vibe that there was something else going on there that his character struggled with in secret. Jack's internal struggles usually get the most focus, but I feel like Bobby definitely has his own demons that he fights to control as well. It was good to read someone exploring that! Particularly since that feeling of not quite knowing where you belong because you can't bring yourself to settle down anywhere seems completely appropriate for his character.

I have to say, the last paragraph in particular was probably my favorite for as sad as it was. "Bobby knew he was crying because the life he had left behind had suddenly come back, and he realized that it was the life he always wanted. And he cried knowing he could never have it back. [...] And Bobby cried and stood up, knowing that in the end he had to walk away." It's a gutting paragraph that drives home a pretty bitter sentiment about loss and regret. There's something so emotionally draining and wretched about it. I love it!
dstr6uy8i chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
I'm close to tears right now! That was SO sad! I can FEEL the pain they're feeling. Everytime I read a story like this, my heart clenched, even though they aren't real people. Good work, all of it.
BlackxValentine chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
I was almost in tears!
lovePEOLPLEandCOWBOY chapter 1 . 7/14/2007
waouh, je suis épaté. quel fic triste, j'en ai encore les larmes aux yeux. bravo, splendide
Illeonora chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
This is a really great story, and you have a lot of skill as a write.

Almost made me cry there too-cant believe jack died.

But overall really great job. )
varicose chapter 1 . 8/11/2006
Oh my god that was great! so emotional! u shouldmake another aboutjack he is my fave charecter
JoeyJonasPower chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
Very sad story...Poor Bobby.

Great job...and im looking forward to reading more of your work.
ZoeinGreece chapter 1 . 9/12/2005
*tear* That was really good! I'd love to see what else you do with these characters in other stories! )
darkdestiney2000 chapter 1 . 9/6/2005
That was really good...I loved it. Great job. I love how close they are
headstrongTM chapter 1 . 9/6/2005
im about to download that song right now. wow that had me tearing up. especially the part where jack was yelling at bobby. this is a really moving one-shot! good job, most one-shots dont have me crying but this one did! dam u...lol
Death By Teacup chapter 1 . 9/5/2005
Wow! That was great, intense, but great!
Elven-Princess Ginny chapter 1 . 9/5/2005
oh my god, that was so sad! Poor Jackie. I really liked how you wrote this, it was an excellent one-shot. And you've got superb writing skills.

~Ginny
pirategurl15 chapter 1 . 9/4/2005
*sniff* i hate that Jack died *sniff*...i liked it, you're a good writer, and the song fit perfectly
Zoe chapter 1 . 9/4/2005
You are a mean made me cry!1This is amazing. I had to wait a few minutes to write this because I was crying. This is great and you are a great writer. OK, now go and wite more for your other story please! LONG LIVE JACKIE MERCER! Really this was fantastic!
Spoongirl1 chapter 1 . 9/4/2005
Wow...this fic brought tears to my eyes.

It was so sweet, but it wasn't sappy at all.

I really love your work and I hope you keep writing.

Past Beginnings is a great fic and I hope you write more Four Brothers one-shots like this...it's really good.