Reviews for Engagements at a Young Age
lotrlover23 chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
This was amazing. I loved it.
letthesongtakeflight chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
Awww although this would never have happened because of age difference, its too sweet... I'm going to pretend that this actually did happen :D

And yes Arwen is a boring crybaby P
Arwins vicious vampire horse chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
awesome. one question: do you not like arwin? or do you not like eowyn? or neither? or you like both? or you really dont care?... i dont mind ether of them, i just like arwins horse!
Hibernian Princess chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
hehe, that's great! Funny and sweet! Loved it!
Rammnausia chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
wow thiss almost made me want to like, read the books!
Gish chapter 1 . 8/27/2006
Right. Well, before I start this, I've got to admit my bias. LotR is one of the few fandoms in which I don't like AU pairings. I love Aragorn with Arwen and I love Eowyn with Faramir.

However, there are many fandoms in which I love to read about non-canon pairings, and one of the tricks to writing them well is...if one of the characters already has a love interest in canon, do not bash that love interest or portray them in a negative light. Particularly when there is no canon evidence that said love interest is greedy or vain or any such thing.

Arwen gave up her everything to be with Aragorn. She gave up her family for him, and when he died, she knew she'd be left alone for eternity. She loved him so much that she chose to be with him, anyway. I don't think she was in it just for the title of 'Queen'.

I won't get into the differences between how elves and humans age, and how it wouldn't be possible for Arwen and Aragorn to meet as children, or even Eowyn and Aragorn, given their age differences.

Your style is good and your prose is fluid. But, the character bashing kept me from enjoying this ficlet. Arwen and Eowyn are both strong, brave, worthy characters and, IMO, they both deserve to be written as such.
Saltwater chapter 1 . 11/11/2005
ack! that was so cute! *squeals*

aww... i love kiddie stories...
nopenopenopenopenope chapter 1 . 9/11/2005
LOL Another great story. I don't know if you intended it to be funny, but I had a smile on my face, maybe because of how un-arwen-ish arwen was.
thayzel chapter 1 . 9/4/2005
it made me laugh, evil evil laughs...

it's just like ordinary children are, much more inclined to play than to... sew.

and you caught aragorn's childish 'mannish' thoughts so well, it was hilarious!