Reviews for Scarlet
moneygreen932 chapter 4 . 6/21/2013
i mean this story is pretty good but it had Itachi pegged wrong he wasn't just a heartless monster because he wanted power... he loved his village more than anything more than his own life and he LOVED his brother even at a very young age this is a good story but it trails of the path of the truth a bit
kasia110 chapter 9 . 6/13/2013
Wow.. This is more than good enough to accept as the truth of what Itachi really went through. Chilling.
This is not a story for those who only enjoy fluff. Incredible story - haunting - but incredible all the same. I usually forget stories after I read them since there's so many but this is one that will remain with me forever.
Amazing.
- kasia
Sailor GaOn Donut chapter 9 . 3/21/2013
sad.
saphirathangel chapter 9 . 12/19/2012
its so hard to find a fanfic that isn't ooc. u're really good at this.
anonymous chapter 9 . 10/13/2011
This is definitely one of the most wonderful fanfics ever, not even counting your exotic kind of writing. Your fanfic explores the deepest of Itachi's emotions, his feelings and linked them together till the very end. Even the last part ties in beautifully with Kishimoto's story, and I couldn't help wishing you had written more.

The only parts that confused me was about Madara wiping his memories; I guessed that's because this story was probably plotted before Kishimoto decided to put a twist into the story, saying that Itachi is really a "good" person. Still, I find it very interesting that you had this point of view instead of making it the same as Kishimoto's.

I will say again that I have never seen any writing as deep as yours, even from well published authors around the world. Your words paint a startling picture and gives a constant chill up my spine. I thank you for this glorious masterpiece.
wingedmercury chapter 9 . 7/24/2011
nice. This was a really great and intelligent fic. Thank you for writing it!

"But my ghosts had followed me down the hall. A familiar voice called my name. My heart clenched. It was as if they all called my name at once. Shisui, my mother, my father. I turned, slowly. Standing there, in the hall, eyesblazing, was the only real ghost of the Uchiha."

I just love that- the only real ghost of the Uchiha. Sent shivers down my spine.

Thanks again for a great fic!
wingedmercury chapter 8 . 7/24/2011
damn, you wrote that bit drunk?

You are good...

"She knew I would. I was a god of death, a double-edged sword. A traitor who had killed his clan to protect his Village." Wow. In just a few lines you cover a lot of ground...!
wingedmercury chapter 7 . 7/23/2011
Freakin brilliant. I'm too tired to wax poetic, but this was amazing. The dream sequence and the sickening lurch of reality- brilliant.
wingedmercury chapter 4 . 7/23/2011
oh hells yes. So beautiful and dark. Oh my god. anything I could write in this review pales before the masterful writing. KUDOS.
wingedmercury chapter 3 . 7/23/2011
wow. This chapter was amazing- you write the flurry of action in the dry, calculating tone of Itachi Uchiha. Well freakin done.

"When you see too much red, the world goes colorless for a while, and takes a long time to brighten again." That was beautiful!
wingedmercury chapter 2 . 7/22/2011
nice. I just love the matter-of-fact way you present the story, very Itachi-esque.
wingedmercury chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
I recently rewatched the Naruto episodes of Sasuke's epic battle with Itachi, as well as the truth that is revealed about him. And then went in search for a well written fic about his back story. I really think you've got it down...and it's only the first chapter.

"But I think they also secretly fear it, for never is the waning of age so apparent to a man's eyes as when he bears witness to the waxing of youth." How beautiful. You phrase things so elegantly, and it's just so...Itachi. I think he's a hard character to write and you do it very well:)
Murazor chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
Hmmm...

Some things I really liked, some things I didn't. The decision to double back to canon via Madara mindrape, particularly, I am of two minds about.

However, the story is largely well written and an overall enjoyable read.
Entendre Euphenist chapter 9 . 3/20/2011
For a while, I had stopped reading Naruto fanfiction. Once you've read enough of them, they all seem to have the same plotlines- this is especially true of Itachi stories. We all know he wasn't as bad as he looks but that's really as far as anyone goes with it.

You took this plotline far beyond what I had imagined; his transcendence into darkness was logical and entirely human. For the first time, Itachi wasn't this untouchable Uchiha force- he became relatable...and very fragile.

I didn't even know you could do that to Itachi. Obviously since this was an Itachi centric story, characterizations are from his POV, but even then, this story breathed a surreal quality of life into something I'd begun to think was played out.

As depressing as Itachi's life turned out, your story gave me new purpose: I'm the type of writer who never finishes what she starts and have multiple manuscripts gathering dust. Inspired now with just how word can breathe, I might knock the dust off of a few
Mitzzi chapter 9 . 2/14/2011
This story is amazing. You portray Itachi's descent into madness really well!