Reviews for Unbreakable
Sindie chapter 8 . 11/14/2007
This is a thoroughly excellent story so far. It's interesting reading it after DH, and you're very accurate with the events from DH about Snape's past. The only thing I disagree about is the thought of Dumbledore having Snape make an Unbreakable Vow with him. As we know now, that didn't actually happen, but it worked all right for your story.
CSebastiene chapter 14 . 8/18/2007
Sandra S,

This was such a fabulous story! I loved every chapter. The whole Severus/Lily thing has intrigued me for a while, but I never really explored any S/L fic. Even after reading DH, and having my suspicions confirmed, I've not read any S/L fic... until now! I loved this... how even though she loved Sev, she wouldn't hurt James in that first chapter, snippets of their years at Hogwarts. The chapter with Severus going to Albus afte realising who was the prophecy child was particularly striking. Such a poignant story! I liked how it was sort of Palanuik's -Survivor- style, starting with the 'present' and going back to the 'beginning'. Thank you so much for writing this and sharing it with all us readers. It's definitely a favourite!

C. Sebastiene (Seba)
wynnleaf chapter 14 . 7/7/2007
Several things I particularly liked.

I liked the way you showed *both* parents negatively impacting him in their war with each other, as well as the care that both parents have for Snape in the comments his mother had made and the favorite muggle sweets that his father had gotten for him to have on the train.

I liked your showing that Snape's problems with being ostracized were not just due to the Marauders. Having two older Hufflepuff boys start the Snivellus name was particularly effective.

And it was Snape's *own* choice to push Lily away and not accept her overtures of friendship even though he wanted them in a way.

Very good chapter and story. I enjoyed the backward telling of the story and the gradual building up of the layers in the portrait of Snape.
crazy-emerald-blue chapter 7 . 7/7/2007
I was reading this story (which is very good. You capture snape well _) and i read the top of the interduction and if Snape was teaching for fourteen years when Harry was in his 5th year then you'd be right... he'd be teaching shortly after or (if he said so in the summer tim) just shortly before the Potters died. :) well i'm off to keep reading. _
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 13 . 6/27/2007
Aha. Another story in the works of what happened on the train, I see. I wonder if you'll be taking this back to Snape's time before Hogwarts, and if/how you'll bring things full circle. I'm looking forward to the rest of this fic, and anything else HP you should happen to write!
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 12 . 6/27/2007
Wow. Just wow. The trauma, and the trust Snape shows by talking about it to her. He likely didn't intend to at first, suppressing it in somewhat normal-seeming behavior for him. Well portrayed!
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 11 . 6/27/2007
Aha. The source of the healed burns on Snape's hand is revealed. It's also interesting that you show Lily using a melodic chant to heal them. You're building a nicely strong story into their backgrounds, and answering many questions. I wonder how the Marauders learned about Snape's spells though, if they don't know they're his...
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 9 . 6/27/2007
You know, at first I wasn't the most keen on the backwards travel of the chapters. But now it's showing more and more what the straws were that were weighing down the camel, and it's wonderfully angsty. I'm glad there's still more chapters for me to read...
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 7 . 6/27/2007
Wow. I found this chapter to be a particularly powerful one, and well written. Just stopping by to let you know.
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 2 . 6/26/2007
Wow. I've seen the concepet of Snape's boggart being himself before, but the method he used to get rid of it was quite telling. You did a great job showing how little hope Snape has, and his bitter amusement at the sight of him in old age... I thought that was touching.
Seinden chapter 13 . 6/11/2007
This is a lovely story. I almost gave up on this site today because all I could find was just...rubbish, but I've finally found a decent story to read! Don't fret about your grammar, it's fine. Though...english isn't my first language either so I cannot really see any mistakes anyway. Hope you write lots more of this because i love the depth of your characterization.
Agrarrevolution chapter 13 . 6/11/2007
"As you can read in Hogwarts: A History there have been no such friends as Slytherin and Gryffindor until they broke up over some small, unimportant detail and WE will never be so stupid and repeat their mistake, now will we?"

Ouch! You really know how to drive home a point, don't you?

Interesting chapter about the begin of a friendship and I like the little irony that the Room of Requirement exactly provided what Lily wished for: a friend who knows about the Muggle world, to have secrets with and do daring things. I guess those two would have been unstoppable had they been in the same house.

I'm a bit sad that you're nearing the end of this story or do you intend to go on to his childhood before Hogwarts? Anyway, I hope you'll write further fanfics in the HP Universe.
Amar 2 chapter 13 . 6/11/2007
Very nice piece of literature. Yes, I wrote literature and I mean it. Very sweet scene.
wynnleaf chapter 13 . 6/11/2007
Nice chapter, overall.

I tend to think Slughorn had Snape in the Slug Club for several reasons. Slughorn asked Hermione to be in after being only briefly acquainted with her. Hermione had no connections, no wealth, no looks to speak of, no engaging "cheeky" personality like Lily, and was muggleborn. Not even her connection to Harry was important for Slughorn, or he'd have invited Ron into the Club. So it was just purely based on her intellectual ability. I think he'd have asked Snape to join for the same reasons. And then, Snape showed up at Slughorn's Christmas party when almost no other staff came, and didn't even back off when Slughorn put his arm around him. And in the final scenes of HBP, Slughorn is the only one to be shocked at Snape's action because "I thought I knew him," rather than just because Dumbledore said he trusted Snape.

Of course, I realize that many fan fic writers find it tempting to have Snape ignored or outright rejected by the teachers, even his head of house, as it marginalizes him even more.
duj chapter 12 . 5/26/2007
He wishes he could be numb, pull it on like a Closak of Invisibility and pretend he's not there - but he can't.
91 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »