Reviews for Unbreakable
duj chapter 11 . 5/26/2007
I like this look at the underpants incident and the tentative mending of their friendship.
Amar 2 chapter 12 . 5/26/2007
Good chapter, however, I think it happened the other way round, Old Snape killed his wife and that s why Snape hates muggles.
wynnleaf chapter 12 . 5/26/2007
Quite a heart wrenching chapter. And a good explanation for Snape's background especially giving him a wizard grandfather near enough for regular contact. Snape seems to have a lot of insecurities and self-doubt - not about his abilities, but about himself as a person. He's so caught up in the past with old bitterness, hatreds, and probably guilt. Major parental discord and a traumatic event from his youth, for which he blames himself, makes a lot of sense for setting up these kinds of characteristics.
Iva1201 chapter 11 . 5/8/2007
I like the idea that it was the worst memory for both of them. Again, a very good chapter - thanks! (-:
wynnleaf chapter 11 . 5/6/2007
I like the way you have the Worst Memory scene something that happened *during* Snape and Lily's friendship, and does not break it. I've always disliked the notion that the "mudblood" comment would cause Lily to break off a friendship. It may be a really bad word, but given the context, no true friend would find it unforgivable.
Amar 2 chapter 11 . 5/5/2007
I like these two together. Pity she married Potter. Very nicely written. Well done.
duj chapter 10 . 4/7/2007
This chapter is much more powerful for coming after the aftermath that was the previous chapter. She let him go - and there was an end.
Amar 2 chapter 10 . 4/6/2007
Very well written.
Agrarrevolution chapter 10 . 4/5/2007
Amazing chapter and explains a lot from the last chapter, i.e. Lily's need to talk to Severus. The end is cleverly done, Lily hoping for reconciliation, although a bit doubtful/anxious and the reader already knows that Snape never retrieved the book. Besides, a nice explanation how the book came to be in Harry's hands 20 years later.

Tragic in Snape's case: an incident that got him almost killed or at least bitten by a werwolf changes James' attitude which in turn makes him attractive to Lily. No surprise, Snape is besides himself with fury. Though I still think he is an idiot for forsaking their friendship.

Keep up the good work!
wynnleaf chapter 10 . 4/5/2007
That was a perfect idea - having it be Lily who placed the potions book in the cupboard. Nevertheless, after 16 years of teaching there, it would be hard to believe that Snape didn't find the book. Perhaps he would have put it back and left it?
wynnleaf chapter 9 . 4/5/2007
I love the way you describe all the 7th years leaving Hogwarts, their exhilaration in leaving, feelings about parting, etc. Lily's leaving until too late a chance to resolve things with Snape is sad. Snape's recollection, mentioned in an earlier chapter, of seeing Lily with her long hair on the train, came back as I read this.
Amar 2 chapter 9 . 3/1/2007
I have always been wondering why Snape had joined Voldemort. Was it because of his father? Was it because of Lilly marrying James?
Agrarrevolution chapter 9 . 2/25/2007
That was another great chapter. Makes one ask "What if Lily had spoken to Snape?" But then we would be missing your skilfully written "one-shot".

I liked the sort of "understanding" James and Severus have, "not in front of Lily" and that James feels at least guilty for being praised for not hexing Snape.

"Over there was the woman he wanted to spend the rest of his life with and he was going to ask her to become his wife before this train ride was over."

That hurts, poor guy doesn't know that they've only about 4 years left.

"There would be other opportunities for them to talk. Better opportunities. At least he hoped so."

Nice reference to the ending/what Lily said before.
duj chapter 9 . 2/24/2007
Too late is what happens when you leave things to the last minute.
Pandora of Ithilien chapter 9 . 2/24/2007