Reviews for Amber and Ice
angelinaweasley7 chapter 6 . 8/17/2011
I can see you haven't done any publishing in a while, and for all I know you will never read this review, but just in case...

I loved it! You have an especially amazing way of writing darker pieces - not exaggerating, just laying bare the cold facts. I'd love to see some more of your writing.

dead-girls chapter 6 . 3/7/2006
Aw, very angsty. Good writing though.
phantasmagorienne chapter 6 . 2/21/2006
Your Roman numerals make me incredibly happy, for some peculiar reason.

Aw. This was beautiful, achingly so, and I adore the fact that she's writing this angsty letter on green parchment with purple ink. The insights about Sirius, and how maybe they didn't really have any good times to remember, were excellent. And confound you for making me fangirly /again/!
Bardlover chapter 6 . 2/20/2006
This is a pretty good series of one-shots. Oh, the quote from Tennyson's "Charge of the Light Brigade" made this English major very happy. : D
wouldn't you like to know chapter 6 . 2/19/2006
this is good, it sounds like tonks and lupin talking! but if you could add the book that these talk place in i would be a lot less confused (i don't really get the dates) keep writing:)
Mad-Eyes4U chapter 6 . 2/19/2006
That was absolutely beautiful! What a wonderful collection! You have an excellent writing style. Please, please write more!

-Mad-Eyes4U _
dead-girls chapter 5 . 1/26/2006
Aw, I really like the collection! You are a awesome writer! Keep it up!
bec7012 chapter 5 . 1/13/2006
wow. a loevely selection of stories about two of my favourite characters: i thoroughly enjoyed it.
ImaPsychoSquirrel chapter 5 . 12/27/2005
Wow, I've gotta say that I love your writing style. I would've reviewed the other chapters, but they were so good I wanted to read them all first. I don't really like angsty stuff usually, but yours was different. It was realistic and true to the characters, but cool because it went more in depth than the books ever do. You brought up a lot of things that don't get a lot of emphasis in the books, like the courage thing with Peter. I really like the way you wrote the characters and plot.

Also, I just wanted to say thanks for reviewing my story. It's great to see someone read it and give me such positive feedback. And you brought up a good point about the boggart. It was the moon in PoA, but in order to make the story work, I thought it would be better to have Remus's fear be hurting those he cared about (as a werewolf). Anyway, thanks for the review and great job on your story!
phantasmagorienne chapter 5 . 12/24/2005
Huzzah! This made my day; it really did.

This is heartbreakingly beautiful and I love that it addresses the reality of peace not always really being peace. "The things wrong with the world now aren’t ones she can change." /Love/ that. You make excellent use of commas in this piece, by the way.

And the whole last section is just /fantastic/-"when the night is invading, you only need to know how to light a candle." Beautifully illustrated, and all the colour metaphors are perfect-as my mum says, "beautiful word pictures". Excellently done, m'dear!
bluekiwibubble chapter 5 . 12/23/2005
I randomly found this fic again and was pleased to see an update :D Nymphadora Lupin. Nice name. But it would be strange her not being Tonks. I like the fic, very not'm not sure what word I'm looking for :S Good anyway. Especially the last part, I like the colours.

Urgh sorry for rambling. V. good fic (again :D ).

Dark Lady of B-Ham chapter 5 . 12/23/2005
Cool. Mehheh.
Crookshanks22 chapter 5 . 12/22/2005
As always, I enjoy the fine brush strokes of your writing. The color imagery at the end works very well, as do the terse sentences, "He's married, not quite respectable," and "He's almost happy, now."
bluekiwibubble chapter 1 . 12/15/2005
1) Very nice fic (& very nice logical Remus)

2) *giggles like the fangirl I am*

3) Was that just a dream, or did it happen and then she dreamt about it? I think I like this one best of the 3 so far, angst makes a wonderful interesting change when you've been reading various fluff for the last hour. 'They are caught like flies in amber, they are preserved exquisitely in ice that looks like crystal.' Great similies :)

4) Yay more angst. I agree that Pettigrew will probably die in the end to repay his life debt.

I apologise if I sound like a giggling fangirl in the above. I really like your style of writing and these fics/drabbles/whatever-they're-classed-as make for interesting reading.
phantasmagorienne chapter 4 . 12/11/2005
Curiously, I was just very recently wondering about Peter Pettigrew and his placement in Gryffindor-so it was very wonderful and somewhat disconcerting to see this now! :) This is so elegantly contemplative; it makes me think of warmth and tea and that heavy silence that one gets after a good, well-needed, long cry. "Remus aches to know..." is simple and deeply affective. And I am still very curious about Peter's blood-debt to Harry-I have a feeling that it will be very important in the last book. (Oh, how I love stories of redemption and emotions and such things!)