Reviews for Harry Potter And The Summer Of Change
Kai chapter 13 . 12/8/2019
Hm. Hermione says: "At least, the scar didn't bleed." And the reaction is: "Will he take an Aspirin?" Well done, medical professional. You were just told that the scar normally bleeds but luckily didn't at that moment. Does she WANT a blood bath? Aspirin may be great against pain, but it thins the blood. Okay, Harry wouldn't bleed out from one or two pills, but it's still wrong. And considering that bleeding wounds and mouth pain, for example after a tooth extraction, go so well together, Mrs. Granger SHOULD know that Aspirin would be a very poor choice. Paracetamol would be much better and a dentist would know that. To be taken in moderation, of course, nobody wants their liver to dissolve.

By the way, I wouldn't even have known that couch pillows come in pairs. Strange.
Kai chapter 7 . 12/7/2019
It's astonishing that Dumbledore shows the utter temerity to defend the basic human rights of an animated artefact, while withholding the same from real people.

Walburga was NOT old and set in her ways. She's DEAD.

The ONLY right she still has, or at least she would in my country, is the protection against the desecration of her corpse, as "Störung der Totenruhe" is a crime, according to §168 of German Penal Code.
The One True Nobody chapter 1 . 11/13/2019
Ugh, I wish this story was better than it was, because it's clear you at least have a grasp on writing good prose. But even if I were to ignore how much I hate it when fanfic writers do this annoying fixfiction thing where they think turning Harry into an unrealistic action hero with a chip on his shoulder is good writing (as opposed to what it actually is: lazy wish-fulfillment nonsense), your story spends so much time alternating between gratuitous low-quality sexual tension, gratuitous low-quality actual sex, Tonks preaching The Gospel According To Dumbledore-Bashers, and boring training montages, it forgets to do anything as interesting as telling a story with a plot, or character arcs, or interesting characters who do more than whine about whatever elements of canon the author dislikes while yammering on about how awesome the two-dimensional fake version of Harry Potter they're in love with is (or, alternatively, being very bad and obvious manipulators that can only be considered evil because of all the made-up fanon elements crowbarred into the plot). Adding insult to injury... Tonks isn't even Tonks here. She might as well be a completely different character who just so happens to have borrowed Tonks's name and Metamorphmagus powers for a little while. It goes beyond merely acting "out of character." She has absolutely nothing of Tonks integrated into her, and whatever it is to think she has of Tonks was clearly smothered and killed underneath the multiple metric tons of Harry Potter ego-stroking dialogue that she's contractually obligated to vomit out every couple of paragraphs or so.

When stories like this get so much praise and attention as this one has, it makes me want to quit fanfiction for good. And it's especially painful here because you clearly have the potential to write good stories... you just did not do so in this case. I sincerely hope you've improved as a writer in the thirteen years since this story was last updated.
heffronma5 chapter 19 . 11/4/2019
Excellent story throughout - I can see one problem with it - a sequel wasn't written.

If you can find the time, could you write the sequel to this amazing story.

Until then,

-Mark-
CasperShot chapter 19 . 10/27/2019
I think this is the 3rd or 4th time reading this story, and it is still without a doubt one of the top 3 Harry/Tonks stories out there. There are very few problems with this story. 1. Harry is starting his 6th year (I believe) at the end of this story, it wouldn't have been difficult at all (With his Unspeakable training) to make a case to skip his 6th year entirely. There could have been half a chapter on school stuff, with hogsmeade dates with Tonks in between, ending with The Battle of Hogwarts at the end of the school year (Like Canon).. So, this amazing story was just ONE single chapter away from being perfectly completed. 2nd problem I found with this story is that all throughout, Tonks claims to still be an active Auror, but she literally NEVER shows up for work,lol. If those two issues were fixed, there would be no need to ever write a Harry/Tonks story ever again, it would be redundant.
Jlongblade chapter 19 . 10/25/2019
Such an amazing story my 4th read through.
CasperShot chapter 6 . 10/22/2019
One of my favorite stories and pairing. The only thing missing from this story is the revelation that Harry and Tonks are blood related. Harry's grandmother was Dorea Potter née Black, who's niece was Walburga Black, Tonk's grandmother. I think that makes them like 3rd or 4th cousins. But it would have been a funny scene.
Chaos Snow Kitsune chapter 19 . 10/20/2019
I love this story so, SO much! It is a wonderful fic and one of my favorite Harry/Tonks fics out there. I'm not sure if you'll ever see this review, but I want to thank you for making this. It is unfortunate that we never got the sequel to this amazing fic. You set up a beautiful world in this and to have it left off at the halfway point is... disappointing? I guess that's the right word.

Well in any case I'm not sure if you are even still on this site, but if you are then I hope you see this. If not I hope you are happy doing whatever you are doing.

Thanks again for allowing me to read this wonderful story
JaxesKain chapter 19 . 10/14/2019
Really wanted to say nice things about it but can't with how it was abandoned without so much as a warning. Such a shame.
sunandkp chapter 19 . 9/29/2019
Built up perfectly, but then you had to leave us hanging!
Spectrer chapter 19 . 9/28/2019
Complete?
Guest chapter 19 . 9/14/2019
I'm so glad I decided to re-read this story again, it's one of my favorites! When are you going to write the sequel?
yeah chapter 2 . 9/13/2019
nopeeeee big problem you made petunia sensiblish any woman who was okay with forcing a single digit aged kid to cook for them not allow him to eat it and force him to sleep under a cupboard ,FOR A DECADE mind you ,is just a maniac and nothing more
Clark Thomas Lee Koesy chapter 1 . 9/4/2019
I just noticed that the book written about harry's first through fourth years is by FLD. just guessing but is that Fleur Louise Delaclour? it would make sense..
Crainium9 chapter 9 . 9/3/2019
The only major problem I have with this story is no matter occlumency or not the shit he sees in those is traumatizing there is no way that they wouldn’t have a mandatory psych evaluation after each of those sessions.
2,877 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »