Reviews for Harry Potter and the Power of Revenge
Blue-and-tinged-white-fyr chapter 30 . 11/8
I may never like this in all it's fullness, but it's masterfully done. However, if I could take away one thing from it; it would be the realization of how the survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki felt-the sheer destruction that emptiness that came with the bombings. I had never thought of it like this before. Thank you.
The DA has 6000 members, are you daft or just moron. Draco on the DA and Hermione is part of the betrayer, is confirm you are just another gay lover moron. Stupid story
Rainbow Prime chapter 2 . 10/16
Aww... that ending with Hedwig being a black Phoenix was adorable! Especially with how she apologized for something that wasn't even her fault!
Addictorator chapter 30 . 9/29
Overall, I loved the story. I like the detail you went into when it came to weaponry and stuff, especially the ships. However, I do also thing everything was too overblown, but then again, it wasn't actually bad. This isn't really a case of overpowered Harry since his enemies have sometimes surpassed him in power and such, and he didn't really have an easy time with it all. Definitely not. Also, you impressively managed to make some extremely exaggerated fight scenes sound somewhat realistic and epic, instead of simply gaudy and drawn out. When normally I wouldn't read a story where Harry Potter fights four dragons armed with only a sword, you described it in a way that it was interesting, and certainly not one-sided.

Well, and then as for the cons. I do think there is a lot of suspension of disbelief when it comes to the whole concept of Insania. A few students who are in the magical equivalent of middle school, come together, make plans and advanced technologies that trumps current world superpowers, executes it within months. Not to mention the whole Harry being so magically powerful, and placed the divergence point somewhere around Marge's visit, but it was a clear plothole to the very end. It was never really explained, except that his anger had "unlocked" something inside of him. It was all blown ridiculously out of proportion. I really do think this story would have been much better had this plot been based around Harry and his generation in their mid-to-late twenties, with some tweaks to the timeline. Otherwise, this just... it's a bit hard to grasp really.

Secondly, in my honest opinion, the ending was horrible and utter shit. You are the author, you do as you please, "life ain't fair" and whatnot, doesn't make it less of a shitty ending. Sure, you're free to write it, just as I'm free to think that really, it ruined a perfectly good story. You said Insania's members were always spared the worst fate and apparently the luck didn't hold, but that doesn't really make sense. Yes, overall while Insania did have the upper hand in most battles, many of Harry's friends died along the way. Dean, Neville, Draco, Amy, and the list goes on. The whole thing was a mess of lucky breaks that involve one living superpowered magical battery, a fairly odd superintelligent girl that apparently puts whole governments to shame, and a bunch of dragons. Putting all that aside, the readers read around 400k words of Insania's struggles with the Founders, Dumbledore, America, and finally Voldemort with a literally Hellish demon army, with many pivotal main cast characters dead along the way, following even Harry's romance struggles as he eventually gets together with Luna after what was supposed to be the final battle and we go aww and- wait what nuke and now everybody's dead what the hell?! It was like a punch to the gut instead of the usual bittersweet moment when you finish a good book. You are happy with the way it went out, but sad that it's over, in a way. Most of the time. Of course, there are stories such as this one, read only for torturing themselves apparently, where you finish it dissatisfied, angry and frustrated, because you read 400k words of Harry's struggles to create as close to a utopia as possible, and then he goes and kills himself after everybody he loves dies. Wow, talk about depressing. You might want to put tragedy as a main genre of this story, because I don't think this was what anybody initially signed up for. It's like picking up an investigative novel and then it turns out to have been a cookbook with very intricate instructions on how to make an unnecessarily complicated omelette.
EvenLoveLies chapter 1 . 9/4
sorry i dont like the story
GuesssWho chapter 3 . 7/26
Oh come on, this is bullshit
brnyedcountryboy chapter 30 . 5/16
In the USMC I heard a Phrase Life Sucks then you Die! I think Harry Knew that Phrase
Momosulemanlove albus potter chapter 30 . 3/11
This was a crazy story. In some areas I feel it was a little long winded but the battles contained some great description. I think Harry should have been left a Alice but it was your choice. That ending shocked me i didn't see it coming at all
klester chapter 1 . 12/25/2016
For what it's worth at this point, I agree with you about the number of students at Hogwarts. They've got this gigantic castle with only a few hundred students? Completely impractical! And while I agree with Hermione that most wizards haven't got a lick of logic, some do. I would think that they would have a minimum of 1000 to 1500 students, probably more.
PoseidonPrince chapter 30 . 11/19/2016
made it truly sad
Lord Barinthus chapter 1 . 9/22/2016
I'm rather proud of myself for sticking all the way to the end of Chapter 1. Now I'll just sadly laugh as I go find an actual story instead of whatever this thing is.
Guest chapter 30 . 9/8/2016
It has been so long since I last read this story and now that I have re read it I am bawling my eyes out at the ending. I was so hoping there was more and I can't believe I forgot how badly this ended
jdubb02 chapter 21 . 8/28/2016
m0
Ken106348 chapter 2 . 7/6/2016
I'm lost.
Ken106348 chapter 1 . 7/6/2016
Well hogwarts was intended to have more students than what were there. Remember lots of families were killed off in the first war witch dropped the population of the magical world so in theory there could be thousands of students at the school