Reviews for Harry Potter and the Power of Revenge
CommenterS chapter 30 . 3/20
this story was one of the best ones I've read. and although I found it over 6 years too late I still spent as much time reading it now as people did back then, and that was a wonderful 24 hours that I will think about whilst comparing other stories possibly for quite a long time now.
noxenrom chapter 9 . 12/10/2017
Shitfic. Sorry. It really sucks.
Phillies2 chapter 28 . 12/6/2017
I read this through the night, but this sucks. Throughout the story there has been many plotholes, such as why didn't the soldiers on the missouri apparate away. Why the US was involved. Why Dumbledore went after Harry first instead of Voldemort. Why Voldemort wouldn't act when the us and dumbledore engaged harry. I even accepted that, but then Demons came in and it's like...really? Demons killed this story for me, with this chapter its just so much and its like you just made a draft and then threw it in wanting the story to end already. Harry got a punch in, kicked him in the face once, but couldn't have chopped his head off with one of his swords? So basically, I accepted the story was flawed to a point and still enjoyed it, but demons were overkill and now it's just a cluster f***. Also, You killed Amy...YOU Bastard(south park ref) IF you ever decide to revise this it would could be great
Phillies2 chapter 25 . 12/5/2017
I can't wait for Harry to fulfill his promise to the Daily Prophet. It's also funny because its not like other countries read the Prophet to truly affect their opinions on the island
Phillies2 chapter 21 . 12/5/2017
Why can't Dumbledore just die! Honestly it felt like you were going to finish the Dumbledore Arc, I mean he was basically dead when a huge bomb went of! Now theres too many factors still out there, Everybody will probably die in the end
Phillies2 chapter 19 . 12/5/2017
Why didn't Hedwig cry on Harry's wounds to heal him?
Phillies2 chapter 18 . 12/5/2017
Thats so stupid, he could kill them all rn, but instead he is choosing the lives of them over his own? That explanation is terrible too, they would use muggle weapons, like come on man your in a War with the US and there really isn't a real reason why so kill as many as you can.
Phillies2 chapter 10 . 12/4/2017
This really makes no sense, Why are the Americans attacking? Is it because they took the Missouri? How the hell did Voldemort get through that Navy when the Americans couldn't? It also seems impossible for Harrys core to be bond. Dumbledores plan is stupid to, take out Harry and then just wait for him to come back? Other than Voldemort none of the other people attacking the island makes any sense at all
Phillies2 chapter 5 . 12/4/2017
Why are the founders actually against what Harry is doing, but okay with Dumbledore and Voldemort?
viningc chapter 30 . 11/26/2017
I found this to be a thoroughly gripping story. However, I found the constant mistakes in spelling, grammar, and context to be excruciating! Somewhat understandable given your explanation that English is not your primary language.

As is my habit, I copied everything into a word processor and cleaned the story up for my personal enjoyment. If you will contact me with a suitable email address, I will send you a copy. Just let me know what format. Right now it's in OpenOffice Write format, but can be converted into MS Office Doc, PDF, or other formats.
Blue-and-tinged-white-fyr chapter 30 . 11/8/2017
I may never like this in all it's fullness, but it's masterfully done. However, if I could take away one thing from it; it would be the realization of how the survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki felt-the sheer destruction that emptiness that came with the bombings. I had never thought of it like this before. Thank you.
Rainbow Prime chapter 2 . 10/16/2017
Aww... that ending with Hedwig being a black Phoenix was adorable! Especially with how she apologized for something that wasn't even her fault!
Addictorator chapter 30 . 9/29/2017
Overall, I loved the story. I like the detail you went into when it came to weaponry and stuff, especially the ships. However, I do also thing everything was too overblown, but then again, it wasn't actually bad. This isn't really a case of overpowered Harry since his enemies have sometimes surpassed him in power and such, and he didn't really have an easy time with it all. Definitely not. Also, you impressively managed to make some extremely exaggerated fight scenes sound somewhat realistic and epic, instead of simply gaudy and drawn out. When normally I wouldn't read a story where Harry Potter fights four dragons armed with only a sword, you described it in a way that it was interesting, and certainly not one-sided.

Well, and then as for the cons. I do think there is a lot of suspension of disbelief when it comes to the whole concept of Insania. A few students who are in the magical equivalent of middle school, come together, make plans and advanced technologies that trumps current world superpowers, executes it within months. Not to mention the whole Harry being so magically powerful, and placed the divergence point somewhere around Marge's visit, but it was a clear plothole to the very end. It was never really explained, except that his anger had "unlocked" something inside of him. It was all blown ridiculously out of proportion. I really do think this story would have been much better had this plot been based around Harry and his generation in their mid-to-late twenties, with some tweaks to the timeline. Otherwise, this just... it's a bit hard to grasp really.

Secondly, in my honest opinion, the ending was horrible and utter shit. You are the author, you do as you please, "life ain't fair" and whatnot, doesn't make it less of a shitty ending. Sure, you're free to write it, just as I'm free to think that really, it ruined a perfectly good story. You said Insania's members were always spared the worst fate and apparently the luck didn't hold, but that doesn't really make sense. Yes, overall while Insania did have the upper hand in most battles, many of Harry's friends died along the way. Dean, Neville, Draco, Amy, and the list goes on. The whole thing was a mess of lucky breaks that involve one living superpowered magical battery, a fairly odd superintelligent girl that apparently puts whole governments to shame, and a bunch of dragons. Putting all that aside, the readers read around 400k words of Insania's struggles with the Founders, Dumbledore, America, and finally Voldemort with a literally Hellish demon army, with many pivotal main cast characters dead along the way, following even Harry's romance struggles as he eventually gets together with Luna after what was supposed to be the final battle and we go aww and- wait what nuke and now everybody's dead what the hell?! It was like a punch to the gut instead of the usual bittersweet moment when you finish a good book. You are happy with the way it went out, but sad that it's over, in a way. Most of the time. Of course, there are stories such as this one, read only for torturing themselves apparently, where you finish it dissatisfied, angry and frustrated, because you read 400k words of Harry's struggles to create as close to a utopia as possible, and then he goes and kills himself after everybody he loves dies. Wow, talk about depressing. You might want to put tragedy as a main genre of this story, because I don't think this was what anybody initially signed up for. It's like picking up an investigative novel and then it turns out to have been a cookbook with very intricate instructions on how to make an unnecessarily complicated omelette.
EvenLoveLies chapter 1 . 9/4/2017
sorry i dont like the story
GuesssWho chapter 3 . 7/26/2017
Oh come on, this is bullshit