Reviews for No Price He Would Not Pay
Scion of Kushiel chapter 1 . 9/6/2005
Beautiful! Very sad, as personally, I adore Snape, but very beautifully written. I especially liked how you pulled the mythology of Orpheus into the magical world. Very well done.
June W chapter 1 . 9/6/2005
Urgh, married to Ron... I wish she hadn't told Severus that; it's almost like a Dementor's Kiss - taking away any and all hope he has. Um... this is very well-written, as all your stuff is, but I wouldn't have called it a romance. It's more like angst/tragedy. That's just a suggestion.
Cherdy the Molologist chapter 1 . 9/6/2005
So sad. But very very good. I am impressed.
DistinctVagueness chapter 1 . 9/6/2005
Not a happy ending if you're looking for Snape/Hermione being together, but I enjoyed this all the same. You've hit all the right notes, and I also want to commend you with Ron's character. Whilst I would take Snape over him any day, in this fic, you've made it so that I don't want to curse him for being in the way, or well, existing at all.

Coincidentally, I watched The Little Mermaid again last night...and The Phantom of the Opera for the first time a few days ago. Always loved TLM.

Anyway, good job and I'm glad it's left as a one-shot. I think there's just enough closure to satisfy, but room to wonder. Thanks for writing.

-Catherine.
corky42 chapter 1 . 9/5/2005
I've enjoyed all your stories. This one left me speechless. Beautifully done!
ashtrail chapter 1 . 9/5/2005
i really like your story. it does have the sort of sad mellow mood for the ending (like phantom of the opera). and because i always thought that christine should have stayed with the phantom, i also feel sad that hermione left with ron and never came back. how lonely it must be for snape to sacrifice his mind for someone else, only to watch her walk off with another man (given that he is still very much alive inside). bittersweet. anyways, your writing style is very good and the story fits perfectly well with the event of HBP. thank you for sharing. cheers!
lost angel92 chapter 1 . 9/5/2005
That was a touching story. I think that she felt like she could move on,because he would never wakeup. So bittersweet. Bye.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 9/5/2005
Sob, sniff...can you write a second chapter to show Their Happy Reunion, or something Happy, anyway, once Snape physically dies? (blows nose)
CommodoreOblivious chapter 1 . 9/5/2005
That was REALLY good! Poor Severus!

Brava! Brava!

Smeagul
patagonia chapter 1 . 9/5/2005
How sad and emotive! Excellently written.
40 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3