Reviews for Final Illuminations
Guest chapter 11 . 7/2/2013
Freaking hell.

I have read all three stories and they are just freaking amazing.

What a talented writer you are! Seriously. Just wow. Pure wow.
Rain ocampo chapter 11 . 1/11/2013
I love this fanfic. I've read it a while back and finally found it again! I've never been so happy but I love rain/JD. There's just not enough fanfics of them. Although this one they're not romantically involved :'c it's reaaaallly good
Jay N chapter 11 . 1/22/2009
hello!

I just stumbled upon this trilogy a short while ago, and I realize it's been years since you wrote it, but I just wanted to say that it is a truly amazing work and you have an awesome amount of talent. I've been a writer for 10 years now and this is the one of the best fan fictions I've ever seen, not only that but your work is better than many published authors out there who get paid for their books. This story has a realness to it that is so hard to find- you did an excellent job of drawing the readers into CARING for the characters and what happens to them. I cried for Alice, cried for Matt, I even cried for Rain, who I didn't even like in the movie but you made her come alive. Getting that kind of investment in the characters is a rare gift- I would not be surprised to see your future work published someday.

I don't even know if you still check these or not but I just had to say awesome job. You have a talent that separates you from the average writer. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Jay N.

KAISRE chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
I love your trilogy~

But I was an idiot and read the second part first instead of the other way around _ Anyways, I read everything eventually so no harm done. At first, when it was "over" for Matt in Into the Light, I was like "No D: MATT!" And got upset like everyone does when their favorite character dies. Of course, when I got to Final Illuminations and saw that Matt came back... well :D you can probably guess how I felt then.

Its sad that Matt died in the end though :C But I guess it was unavoidable. I feel so sorry for Matt and Alice, their relationship was tragic and you captured that pretty well. I got kinda teary.

I also liked how you brought back JD and Rain since I love them too _ You defy canon and you make it work so well its not even funny. (Not that going fanon instead of canon is a bad thing, I actually prefer it xD' ) Michael was a really deep character, I loved him too. Hell, you get the idea.

Anyways, this is probably the best Resident Evil fic Ive ever read. MattxAlice is definitely my OTP but unfortunately its extremely underloved ;_; Im not sure if you're still active on FF but finding a new MxA fic from you would be a shitload of win.

I guess this review would mean more if I actually wrote it while the fic was still in progress xD' Oh well, the three stories were too good to pass up.

Keep up the good Work~ (please)

~Kaisre
Swallows a lot chapter 1 . 10/16/2007
i readthrough all you've wrote and liked it all.
Azure the Dragonlady chapter 11 . 11/6/2006
This Trilogy is Brilliant! Truly magnificent and outstanding!

It was a lovely read, from beginning to end!

A Great Job with it!
KissTheRainbow chapter 11 . 3/9/2006
I am sure I have review at some point in the trilogy. I probably did, and I am sorry that I didn’t review every single chapter but you see… I am a lazy bum.

I just had to write a review. A long one. I added this to my favourites and of course you, even thought if sadly I am probably older than you as I am a not a child but not yet an adult as well. I still want to write as beautifully and to be able to get in touch with every character’s inner feelings but at the same time describe the false front some of them may have.

It is perfect, pure, undiluted. Beautiful.

You have done something I thought would be impossible – reproducing the original – the film. The way you save Rain and Kaplan, the beginning of a battle. Also giving it a whole new twist – killing off Kaplan – what a way to shock us, bringing him back only to chop him off. Unbelievable.

The characters were cleverly thought out with some kind of new depth to each and every one of them. And the new ones? Gee, I have to keep reminding myself that they were only written and planned by you not some actual real people. Congrats for that. It nearly an impossible thing to do but you has already shown us you could do the impossible anyway so why does it matter?

The plots were so heart piercing with so many different emotions jumping out of the computer. I never felt this many emotions before – it’s like… lolly pop of all flavors. The way you used familiar places and some new places to keep us on a kite string. I wished it would never end but then I heard this quote moment later which was quite scary to say the least. *All good things have to come to an end sometime.*

I felt like if I was in the hive with them. Feeling every one of their emotions and the causes of their actions. The pain of their mentally and physically wounds.

Every review has to come to an end. And I am afraid my is near. So to sum the whole thing up? Perfect.

I would read this over and over again. But it already makes an impact on me and I can remember every detail to it. It’s amazing.

Excellent ending, I am not going to give you a quote as you already know the ending as you were the one who wrote it. The way, she said goodbye. Something different yet usual.

I know that you have been working hard over the last two years but you have so many loyal fans who would read more of your stories – even if it is one off thing. Like the Christmas one – this was too amazing – perfect.

I am just one of the loyal fans. I would bow before you. And if we were friends, I would give you a glomp every day (don’t worry a glomp is NOT sexual, it is the action of one person lovingly (and dramatically) attacking another with a hug.)

Thank for writing this soul shattering trilogy and for not stooping it halfway and gave up on it. You deserve a medal for this and many many many many glomps.

And I bowed out to you.

Lara
Rhys D chapter 11 . 3/7/2006
Great story! Two years worth of effort well spent, although I have to admit I saw the final outcome of Part Three-Alice-coming towards the end of Two. Some very funny writing, some horrific events and episodes, some great characters-your right, they should give them to you since their not using them-and some very, very interesting ideas. Matt's final fate was to be expected, horribly enough, although I do wonder if Olivia was actually left to starve or die of thirst in the Hive? Hades finally got handled-although I did expect them to drop an entire building on him at the end, to be honest. For the record, the teams extended trek through the Hive looking for a cure for Matt was my favourite part, particularly sections like Rain's being trapped alone underground with only Nemesis able to rescue her as Zombies appear in overwhelming numbers from all directions... You know what? Great job!

Keep up the good work and hope to hear more from you some time soon, although you'll probably need a break after two years work...
Sakura123 chapter 11 . 3/7/2006
Howdy. I have to say that this was an impressive end to your story. The J.D/Alexi/Rain scenes were written quite well, their dialogue was also quite funny to read as well (especially the "what to do for Rain's birthday" bit). The end concerning a pregnant Alice was touching and sweet overall. I enjoyed reading this story.

Keep up the good work!- Sakura123
sarah-vs-psycheotic chapter 11 . 3/6/2006
that was a great and emotional ending this masterpiece.
framed chapter 11 . 3/5/2006
i love your story it's one of the few stories that i look forward to reading. i don't know what i'm going to do with out it. That last chapter was awesome. i don't think anyone could have written a better ending. xxFramedxx
acidninjacake chapter 11 . 3/5/2006
I think its time for an overall review! Don't you?

Okay firstly i'd like to say thank you for finishing this,most people start things and stop, but you stood right the way through an made it brilliant!

The description for the weather, the characters, the enviroment and how everyone felt was amazing to say the least, very in depth and touching, i almost cried at times,. felt angry at others, and laughed at some too. It's a great ability to have to make people feel that way when reading!

The plot lines were intricatly wound and designed, something this good should be given an award, or i wish that the movies had been done like this *nods* It would have been soo interesting to watch adn emotional. The idea of adding in all the extra characters was fun to read and interesting to see what they would do to the plot. The idea of going back into the hive, and then going to recognisable places was amazing! I engoyed it so much i wish it never ended, but alas all great things have to come to an end *nods with sadness and happiness*

So yes as i have said, the plotline and description was amazing and pretty much perfect in ever single way. Written so delicatly it was as though i was actually there.

Then there is the characterisation-

The way you created all these new characters - Olivia, Alexei, Michael, Archangelo, Crawford etc (Who have i missed?) They all got interesting twists and their own back stories and lives that were added into the plot so simply that it was hardly noticable, just interesting and brilliantly put. Each of them had profound and different ways of acting -

The intelligent and slightly twofaced and frightened Olivia. The creepy, slightly evil and stubborn Alexei. The frightened and very human and honest Michael. The scary and horrible Archangelo. The very pompus and annoying (but understandable) Crawford.

All of them were made up, designed and created with such human likeness, i was sad to remember that they were just that 'a figment of your imagination'.

Then there is the mains-

The way to wrote Alce puts many other writers to shame *nods* she is one of the hardest to write, without making her too cold, too scary, too secretive, too emotional. But you got her perfectly done, her human emotions written so that everything had a reason, her beauty and elegance, she sounded like a real woman when you wrote her. Something that this world should be proud to have. The way she looked and the way you described her, when she was sad, happy or quiet, it was interesting to read. Her love for Matt was so beautifully written and done, and real too that i wishe for hell of god that he was with her. And the last few lines, were fantastic!

And Rain, her tough tomboyish attitude, take no shit but still emotionall adept ideas, i was astounded by how much description and characterisation you put into her, the way she acted and talked and worked and thought, it was as though i was actually watching Michelle Rodriguez herself acting it out! AMAZING! And i wish she had lived in the movies, but when reading this, it was as though she never even went! I lovd her and you too for writing her like this!

Then J.D, the way he moved and talked, and the way you got down his 'manly and human but at the same time reality' of the way he acted, with Rain especially, and Alexei and Alice too. The way you descriptd him seemed like the tall dark and herocilly annoying best friend to Rain that he is, something thats hard to come by in the real world, but so satisfying when one of your friends is like that. you reminded me of many things from my own life when you talked about him. Something i always loved to read.

Then there was Kaplan, who evern though he died and you didn't write much about him, i loved what you did with him, and still am sad he died, but happy he got the credability and sending that he deserved. Heroic and strong, something to be proud of! Thank you so much for that.

So overall, the entire series was wonderful and such fun to read. That was trully the PERFECT ending to the PERFECT story, in the PERFECT trilogy-

With her other hand, she touched her stomach, and smiled, feeling, not for the first time, and not for the last, as if Matt were right here, standing next to her.

As he had been, and always would be.

"And so is our child," she whispered.

Planting on last kiss on the headstone, she stood and walked away.

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished… that will be the beginning.

_

Simply and trully amazing to read. If i had to sum this up into four words it would be -

Beautiful, Intellgiently-Done, Wonderful, PERFECT.

There are many people out there who are jelous of such a writer, such as you. And although i am not part of the jelous group, i am part of the ENVIOUS group, and in other words, i look up to you as a fellow writer. *nod* I am proud to have read your stories, anfd to havce been so much help to this amazing trilogy.

And if you are to ever write anything in this section ever again, even if it is a one shot, i wil read and comment.

~From one of you devoted fans, who thinks you absolutly FANTABULOSA

Xmaster
rain1657 chapter 11 . 3/3/2006
another amazing part in the trilogy. You wrapped everything up nicely and for once, its good to see the team leading normal lives. I love the directions you had each of them take once the war was over, especially the twist of Alice being pregnant. this was an extrememly well written chapter.

For having taken two years of your life, I would say that this trilogy was well worth it. You have written a true masterpiece, one that is worthy of the Resident Evil genre. Every chapter was well thought out and executed, and you gave your characters depth. You made us care what happened to these people in this crazy ass world run by Umbrella, and that is what kept me coming back. I'm sad to see this trilogy go, but it was well worth the time you spent in writing it. I hope you will continue to write fics for Resident Evil, because if you don't then the genre will be loosing a valued writer. Job well done... those two years were definitely not wasted. amazing work
Rebecca chapter 11 . 3/3/2006
All three of your stories are great and well written, with good plots. I somehow knew that you weren't going to let them cure Matt, and I hate you for it. Honestly; I always say I despise happy, unrealistic endings, but I really wanted it for this story. So I have to imagine that they found the anti-virus in Crawford's desk, injected it in Matt, put him through some long and expensive therapy, and him and Alice are alright. No offense at all because your story was splendid, but for my own sanity I need that trite ending after two years of this story :). The only probelm I have is the baby part, mostly because I think she would have miscarried with all of their fighting and such, but it was an appeasing ending in response to our anger at Matt's loss. Thank you for your dedication, and I look forward to reading more of your writing in the future (if you have the dedication :)).

Rebecca
REGirl chapter 11 . 3/3/2006
You can't end it here! Im so hooked you have to keep going, PLEZZ! Im beging you!