Reviews for New Perspective 1 THE CHOSEN
riverrat chapter 9 . 8/30/2013
This is a wonderful story. You put great detail into it. At first I was a little disappointed that I had read half way into the story and Snape was only mentioned a few times - after all this is supposed to be a Severus Snape story, right? I still kept going because it was such a great plot and eventually found out it was all about Severus. I really enjoyed it. Now on to the sequel!
Montara chapter 9 . 7/1/2012
I loved it! Thank you!
muumi2three chapter 3 . 2/29/2012
I *loved* the Borometz. In awe of your depth of medieval herbal knowledge there (I cannot believe I never before heard of the borometz... it's wonderful), in fact in general awe of your herbal knowledge, and I *loved* the way you wrote Neville.
Alfa Wolfcub chapter 9 . 3/29/2011
I thought I wouldn't want to keep reading the same author after that long story of yours, but Im glad a read this one, I like it better then your other story (which wasn't bad itself) Good job and keep writing.
MollysSister chapter 9 . 11/1/2010
Hi I am here by way of the rec on LJ's fangirl_tour.

I very much enjoyed all the gardening info and how HG reasons out the problems surrounding AD's death. I shall imagaine a happily ever after complete with SSHG and DMNL! Wheee!
wrappedinharry chapter 9 . 1/22/2010
Thoroughly enjoyable little story. Your Snape was superb. Hermione, clever, determined and brave, Neville, nervous and sweet and ultiamtely very soft hearted, but also living up to his Gryffindor badge.

Your writing has been a joy to read, your alliterations throughout spot on and often very, very funny.

I am so glad that I do not have to wait for the sequel. I have been meaning to ask you, do you have some knowledge of botany and horticulture? If not, your research goes above and beyond the call of duty. All of your botanical details made this story even more interesting to read.

Thank you for the entertainment.

wrappedinharry chapter 4 . 1/22/2010
Can't wait to hear what Narcissa said when Neville thought he heard, 'you rhinoceros lover'! And all of the rest of it too. Very intriguing.

Your plot is wonderful, your writing superb. You are spot on when you say that you ahve an irreverent sense of humour... it shines through.

Have to say that Neville was taking one hell of a chance taking up Narcissa's offer, but there you go. The woman was obviously deeply distressed and Neville had fallen heavily for her hair. I loved his ruminations about Narcissa's hair... very poetic.

wrappedinharry chapter 7 . 1/22/2010
I am writing a story where Augusta, gives Narcissa a very alrge piece of her mind. It was very fun to write.

This is brilliant. Hermione's deductions taken from Neville's ramblings of Narcissa's ramblings were genious... you are genious to have come up with the whole thing.

Very well done indeed.

wrappedinharry chapter 3 . 1/21/2010
Hmm, fascinating. I'm with Hermione again. The Borometz sounds so adorable, I would want one too. Where on earht did you come across these ancient texts, because I take it from your A/N, that these writings really exist.

Still can't figure why we are at Malfoy Manor. HAs an unwitting Narcissa hired trvor as her gardener?

And so it would seem that it will be Hermione, Snape and Neville whoa re going to be responsible for ridding the wizarding world of its most evil tyrant. Oh, sorry about misspelling 'manor' (manner) in the last review. Wasn't thinking properly obviously and didn't check what I had written.

wrappedinharry chapter 2 . 1/21/2010
Ah! I'm with Hermione! Talk about frustrating. But Neville was oh, so cute in this.

This chapter was brilliant. Neville's runaway narrative was even better than Mrs Grangers. Your botanic descritions and names were so clever, and Neville's wand being pre-programmed was inspiration, even if he gets muddled after 6.

But what was he doing at Malfoy manner. Did he think being Trevor would stop Draco recognising him if he was see, Come to that, as a pureblood, I am sure that Narcissa might also realise who he really was. And where did Treville...err, Nevor(very funny that) get the nerve to go anywhere near Malfoy Manor? Also, where did he get a letterhead from? Or did he write the address himself? He must have been already growing into his strong persona, I suppose.

Just one little thing... I am sure Hermione would not have been able to Apparate directly onto Malfoy land, particularly as we know Voldemort had set up headquarters there after HBP. Neither Snape nor Yaxley could Apparate onto the property, after all, at the start of DH. Did you write this before DG came out or are you just ignoring everything that happened in DH. Will have to check publication date as I forget.

Still love your writing. Loved this little snippet too...‘Save magic for ‘mergencies!’ that’s my motto.” You are very talented.

wrappedinharry chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
Hi there. I started this story after seeing another of the series on someone's favourites list, so I thought I had better start at the beginning.

Straight up I had better say that I am a Harry fan, but as Hermione is already down on Harry and Ron, I suspect that none of the series will be overly kind to Harry. Hermione it seems, is feeling more than a tab disgruntled at having been left out (and since when would the other two be able to keep her out) but it also seems as if she thinks that Harry won't be able to do a damn thing without her being there to tell him what to do. My concern is that this (the series) is going to turn out to be a total Harry bashing exercise and that Hermione and Snape are going to be the ones who are 'really' responsible for getting rid of Voldemort.

I hope this is not the case, as I have already fallen in love with your writing. Hermione's mum's rambling narrative was absolutely perfect, though Hermione also seems a little disparaging of her mother.

I enjoy some Hermione/Severus stories, but not the ones where Harry is made out to be a perfect idiot who couldn't find his own bum unless Hermione was there to tell him where it is, or ones where Hermione can forget her friendships with Harry and Ron as if it had never been and as if what they had gone through together would not build an unbreakable lifelong bond.

I hope this is not going to be the case.

Does Hermione not think that Harry has a right to be as moody and angsty as he apparently is? Harry told her a lot of what DD had told him, but she cannot know everything that HArry and DD got up to together, or everything that was said. Harry was much closer to DD than Hermione was, therefore he might just have a reason to be as upset as he is. (Repeating myself here, sorry)

I also love the fact that you are a Brit, so I will not have to wince over blatant Americanisms. (I'm Australian and we have the British editions of canon here.)

troesnaja chapter 9 . 4/11/2008
EW that was so totally gross! They could have fed him some firewhisky before they started, but of course then he couldnt have given them any instructions... I really like shacklebolt btw... I thought Dumbledore and Snape would have prepared more thoroughly for this occasion o rmaybe Snape is hiding stuff from Hermione and Nevill so as not to implicate himself further if they are caught... He couls sent annonymous hints to the order or something at least.. Ah now thats better, i thought they would have... Aww so sad and sweet... (Hey Snape touched her hand in this one you are makin gprogress!) In your review reply (did you get my latest pm btw?) you talked about a fic where Snape and herm kiss, i havent seen that one on tor is it under some alter ego name? or is it only on ashwinder maybe?
troesnaja chapter 8 . 4/11/2008
The plan is very risky, i suppose they will use the antidote to extrac tinformation from Snape but what if he has already got the antidote or if he has already someone planned to go ge tit from hogwarts? I thinkthey should take some veritaserum with them... oh oh here we go... Well yes thats Snape for yyou, fooligh Hermione, she was lucky he didnt curse her more badly. And then, i suppose dumbledore wouldnt want to be caught by the deatheaters, draco was faltering, what if fenrir greyback got to him first... Of course he wants them to mistrust him. What i fsomeone of them gets caught by voldemort? Theyw ould tell voldemort everything, through torture, veritaserum, occlumency or more likely a cocktail of the above. Well i just really really hope Neville's gran obliviated Narcissa afterwards... Of course the aurors cannot help him if he wants to continue working for both sides... And i think, if the caught him they would do anything but help him... Ah sneaky snape... Ah i thought hermione was more clever then this, maybe she is just oo naive and innocent but you wouldnt think so after what she did to umbridge for one. She should know that Snape could still play the double agent, he ahs some trust with voldemort now and he could still give her informaitoon to give to harry... That is the only useful thing ocming from all this... In book 7 Snape was a bit stronger then this, keeping to work for two sides, but maybe now it is just too soon after the actual deed for this to all settle down with him... I wonder if he intended, in the end, to sleuth information to the order. It would be difficult i suppose...
troesnaja chapter 7 . 4/11/2008
Hah longbottom vs malfoy that would have been fun! I think granny might have won after all. how Neville can live with her is anyones wonder... Well dumbledore certainly wasnt the kind dodgery fool we thought him to be. I think he was 'manipulative, controlling basterd' personified... With all the sacrifices he let people make... Oh yes, i personally thought it was rather an anti-climax that harry didnt die at the end of dh (very predictable though)... I wonder i fyou have ever read the audiobook version read by jim dale, i think his version of snape is the best... even better then rickman...
troesnaja chapter 6 . 4/11/2008
Neville was rather brave in book 7... I forgot if he got together with someone in the end though, i htink he did something with herbology though in the end...