Reviews for Close Calls
ozma914 chapter 15 . 9/16/2005
How do I want it to end? Well, I confess I'm a sucker for happy endings, but how you get there is most of the fun. I'm just anxious to know that you'll continue, because this is getting really good.
ozma914 chapter 12 . 9/14/2005
What a great road story this is; the perfect mismatched pair, and of course the misfortunes to keep them together. Your Cass voice is spot on.
ozma914 chapter 11 . 9/14/2005
Well, *I* thought the Budweiser logo was funny ...
ozma914 chapter 9 . 9/14/2005
Indiana flat? Now Ohio - THAT'S flat. We have hills in Indiana, they're just covered up by the corn.
TrinityWildcat chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
This is brilliant! Head and shoulders above most of the stories on I'm off to go read the next 14 chapters now.
ozma914 chapter 7 . 9/12/2005
I'm surprised Cass didn't have more to say about the haircut, considering his traditional outlooks in some areas. Anyway, you handled the rising sun issue well ... I'd always wondered how people with his peculiare condition managed to travel long distances.
ozma914 chapter 5 . 9/11/2005
The end of chapter 5, with Cass being chased by lady bikers, made me laugh out loud even as I was admiring Jackie for her hair cutting courage. But mostly this chapter reminded me of my own U-haul trip, from New York to northern Indiana, 2 months after 9/11. I had about as much fun as she's having ...
ozma914 chapter 3 . 9/11/2005
There's a wonderful style to this story, a way of storytelling that would probably fit in with the best of modern mysteries. It doesn't hurt that the characters are so memorable.
ozma914 chapter 1 . 9/10/2005
What a rollicking start to the story; I especially liked the fight scene, which managed to be pretty realistic and fun at the same time. I don't recognize the characters, but Cass seemed really, really familiar to me, I just can't place from where. I did notice he didn't seem a big fan of sunlight ...