Reviews for The Road Less Travelled By
random-k chapter 1 . 1/2
beautiful. Heartbreakingly so
Mooey2 chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
Very well written. I thought it captured the characters very well, and seemed quite believable. I could definitely imagine their lives going this way.

I thought that Jon marrying Delia was an interesting, albeit uncomfortable, twist, and the comment about Thom blowing himself up before twenty definitely tugged some heartstrings.

It was definitely somewhat depressing, but in a good way.

Oh, and to Story Weaver1's comment, wasn't Faleron from the Keladry books from King's Reach?
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
I really enjoyed this one. I thought that you did an excellent job at keeping her overall character the same, while making little changes because of the difference in her life experiences. I enjoyed their talk of what might have been, especially their ideas on what Thom would have been, since his true story was so sad.

I'm interested that Roger got defeated, in the end, by Thom, since he's so different from Alanna, it would have been interesting if he had been King with Delia as his bride.

Overall, an excellent job.

KrisEleven
LunaSphere chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
This is so beautifully written and so utterly depressing.
Merkaba7734 chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
You do know you just made me (and other readers) severely depressed. Haha... no seriously, this story is very good and rather heartbreaking when you consider what could have happened if Alanna had gone to a convent. Your story is a lot more realistic than most of the other convent-Alanna stories. It makes me happy and sad at the same time. I don't know. Either way, I really liked this.
lady of the midnight court chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
that was amazing plain and simple if making eople cry was close to your goal you achived it if it wasnt then it should have been that was butefully and georgusly written! bravo
1ceuponatime chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
Achh...that one was so sad and depressing, even if it really shouldn't have been. It hurt me, I'm telling you. You did offer a bit of hope with Alan, but, wow, this was one certainly powerful.
Story Weaver1 chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
Why is King's Reach so familar? Well anyway this was rather interesting. Kinda werid seeing Alanna like that.
Regency Dame chapter 1 . 1/31/2007
This had potential to be very boring, but I was surprised, and turned out actually liking it. Thank you very much. I loved how it was kind of rainbowish after the rain.

Please contact me.

Frances
The knights who until recently said Ni chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
Wow, I was very impressed with your story. First of all I must compliment you on the fact that you, unlike many authors on this site, have learned of the magical button called spell check. There were a few gramatical points which were less than perfect, but overall this is definitely one of the best edited stories I've read. The story itself I found very enjoyable. It is probably the first 'Alanna goes to the Convent' story I have read that not only does Alanna become human meaning she doesn't go on to tak over the world, but she's happy, Thom's happy, and life worked out. Great job on this story! I will definitely look into other things you have written.

Ni
An Apple Bleeds At Twilight chapter 1 . 7/13/2006
This was beautiful! A whole new twist!

And Thom at least lived, I'm happy for that.

"And as he tried to avoid treading on the hellions who were playing around his feet, and tried to get a word in edgewise to Alanna about when her husband would be home, and heartily wished that damn child she was carrying would be quiet..."

LOL!

This almost made me cry. Especially this line:

“You’d have blown yourself up by the time you were twenty.”

As I read that I was like: "He did...and died" That choked me up a bit but this was wonderfully written.

I loved the fact that Thom was remembering his life with Alanna...kinda bittersweet feeling I got.

This is on my favourites list.

Like I said, Beautifully done.

- Notebook
Taasmor chapter 1 . 3/10/2006
Brilliant

Well done

Interesting plot
Silveni chapter 1 . 9/16/2005
This is sad. Good fic, sad story. *aw* But I always feel sorry for Alanna in stuff like this. You did very well, you succeded in making me feel sad. Thoug now I don't feel... whatever. You dd very well.
epobbp chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
its interesting.
Bambolieblue chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
This was sort of sad, but at least Alanna didnt't change much. It got me wondering what Alanna would think if she knew how things would have turned out. I'm glad that Thom lived in this fic. I like it.