Reviews for Magic Beans
inspiredpoet chapter 1 . 8/22/2015
This story is both sad, touching, and comical. Some of my favorite aspects in writing. Good job. :)
pucktofaerie chapter 1 . 1/7/2006
Aw...cute. I like the thing with Will being partly to blame for the cow...makes his character make a little more sense. Keep up the great work and write more!
crazed-ink-slinger chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
twas good. i like that will was not a bad guy!
whizzothecrunchyfrog chapter 1 . 9/10/2005
Cute! That was fun. I especially liked the part you told in flashback. I could imagine everything quite clearly.
Blank chapter 1 . 9/10/2005
"Yes," he answered puffing out his small chest, "I’ll pick the best offer, the very best."

Their sister had died within the week.

That's a great set of lines-heartbreaking, but such a good representation of the childish sort of optimism Jake had, which led him to believe in magic beans.

I think your dialogue for Will and Jake-in both the way they speak and the way they relate to each other- is spot on. I'm happy to see that the Grimm fandom has attracted such good writers!
sweetpealinda12 chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
I love your story. the way Will and Jake acted were really in character.
Sawyer Fan chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
Very good story. And I especially enjoyed that you had Will in it (he's my fave brother), and had his perspective in it. Nicely done!
sparrowlove chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
I really liked it. Yeah, it was good.

~Lauren~
Greywolf Lupous chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
Aww, this is cute! Jake brings up a very valid point, he was what, all of five years old when it happened, poor guy shouldn't be beaten up about it every five seconds ;) I also liked Will's perspective on it too, and how it all comes to form the story we all know. Bravo, bravo!
M. D. Jensen chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
I really like it! Especially the flashback to their mom originally sending Will, and the bit about 'fleshing it out with giant nonsense'. Lol! Great story.

BTW, I want to let you know that as soon as I get a chance to type it up, I'm also going to be posting a story about how 'Jack' and the Beanstalk was written. This isn't a plug, I just wanted to tell you that I *didn't* copy from you; I wrote it before reading yours. I wanted to mention it because some authors get offended. (Not saying you would, but I always air on the side of caution, lol.)
Alone Dreaming chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
Sweet...

Um- just one or two quirks. First off, this must take place several years after the movie (I'm just assuming) because it took place 15 years after their sister died and this takes place 20 years later... :) That's cool...fine...

Big problem- Will's full name is Wilhelm, not William. Wilhelm Ludwig Grimm (I looked it up, no big deal).

Pretty good sentence structure and such... Don't see a problem there or anything...

Good story... I enjoyed it really... I wish I could leave a more detailed review but school's calling and I'm going to be late!

-Alone Dreaming
The Hobbit Lass chapter 1 . 9/6/2005
That was wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. I can't even begin to describe all that I liked about it. I've read nearly every single Brothers Grimm story on this site (that movie has become an obsession with me) and this is one of the best ones I've read.