Reviews for The Hunting of the CrumpleHorned Snorkack
rachao chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
haha such an awesome poem congrats on another great piece of writing!

't'was Luna so clever, t'was Ginny so bold

t'was Harry with scar on his head

t'was Hermione so wise, t'was Ron, heart of gold

and Neville, of whom naught shall be said.'

aw poor neville haha
Jobey in Error chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
*laughs* I like the effect of you deliberately and artistically playing fast-and-loose with convention for a fun, flippant feeling (for example, "matter" and "gather" is a stretch of a rhyme, and "dad" and "bed" is even more so). The best example is "With a two-person-rescuing spell". *still chortling* "Uffishness" is also incredibly fun.

But the fact that there is convention to flaunt is also deeply reassuring, like the repetition of searching by foot, searching by air, searching by magic and luck. And the convention also allowed for the fun of playing and expounding upon characterizations.

The Crumple Horned Snorkack is getting so prominent lately that I usually just want the great ugly thing to go away, but here I can welcome it eagerly. It's in a fic with just the right touch - and no one but you could've written it.

*sighs happily* And the ending was a terrific wind-down. If this was a bedtime story (and it felt like it!) then this is the part where you turn over and snuggle deeper and fall just about asleep as mother turns off the lights. The meter just fit for once and everything.

I really enjoyed this one. (And may I drink stinksap if I lie!)
HardCandy chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
wow. this was amazing, i can never get things to rhyme but you did it so easily and the sentences just slid together. it was hilariously funny, too. great job!
Goddess of Idun chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
I'm Swedish, and I absolutely loved this poem! The rhymes are awesome, as is the whole idea. These were my favourite parts:

What a terrible fate there is no need to say

To lose Ron, and Ginny as well

But Hermione, how luckily, she saved the day

With a two-person-rescuing spell

- - - - -

'I was right all along' said Hermione so proud

As they gathered by fire that evening

She said it quietly, she said it out loud

She wrote it with soot in the ceiling.

- - - - -

'We were trapped most slyly during the fight'

grumbled Harry when out he was tugged

'But I got a picture so that is all right'

Said Luna and Ron merely shrugged

green4356 chapter 1 . 1/7/2006
Ok, so you managed to keep the rhyming scheme going, while still getting it to make sense and be funny at the same time. That's quite an achievement.
annamir chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
It could use some trimming here and there. Very funny; as usual, it's Neville who finds it first! hehe and Hermoine who saves the day.
annamir chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
fledge chapter 1 . 12/10/2005
Certainly not a trace of csl. After all, the snorkack is NOT a Boojum, is it? Otherwise, where would your happy end be? An absolutely admirable piece, that more or less begged to be written.
Jamie46 chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
keke :) also very cute. You have a good gift with rhyme and meter. Good job :-D
bluehyperpixie chapter 1 . 11/17/2005
hi this Annie n sally we decided that becouse you reviewed our storie we would review yours...

problem is sall sorta mucked up and added the second chapter to uor storie witch garanger to the new stories

xxannie n sallxx
Queen of the Badgers chapter 1 . 11/3/2005
Hilarious! And so well written!

haha...I like this poem. An epic tale of six people's hunt to find a Snorkack...on a flying carpet.

(The flying carpet bit cracks me up)

You know something REALLY REALLY strange?

I've just been browsing Deb-lil's user-profile-thingy, and she says you are Swedish. And that you are male.

The BIZARRE thing about this, is that...I actually suspected that, before I even read her profile, EVER since you reviewed my first fic (...a fic which I'm probably going to delete, or at least edit...thanks for reviewing all my fics so far and being so supportive and nice, by the way)you were male, and that you were Swedish.

(Why Swedish? One of my friends is, and I was thinking about Sweden while I was reading through a review you sent me, and I guess that kind of stuck.)

That is STRANGE.

And I've never even met you...that is WEIRD.

Anywho, shall I stop rambling on about your gender and nationality now? I'm probably sounding like a deranged stalker.

Next thing you know, I'll be rambling on about how I guessed your age and birth month exactly.

(I actually have an idea of what they might be, but I'm not going to tell you in a review in case I'm hopelessly wrong, haha)

On with a proper review! I like this poem a lot, it's a very original idea. As I wrote earlier, the bit about the six of them all crammed onto a stolen flying carpet is hilarious. But why 'and Neville, of whom naught shall be said'? Neville's NICE! He actually has a character! He's an unhappy boy, lonely, his parents hardly recognise him, he'll never live up to his grandmother's expectations, he's always living in fear of a certain Potions Master (not Slughorn...I mean Snape) - he DESERVES recognition!

My little rant over, I shall now end this incredibly long review.

Roxie Faye chapter 1 . 10/27/2005
What a good story! I really liked it, and your talent for rhyme is amazing. The ABAB form was hard to read at first, but I got it after a while, and yes, it is very nice, as well.

I haven't read any of your other stories, but I think I will now, this one was so well done! _
Backroads chapter 1 . 10/10/2005
Aww... you have talent! Much, to get this poem in that delightful little epic style! Twas funny! Gah, but I cannot rhyme for the life of me. ANyway, this was just the cutest. Very funny, very well written and paced.
Blandsaft chapter 1 . 10/10/2005
hihi den var bra du smart influerad av Carrolls sätt att använda språket

tack för din review av min dikt )
Dead-Luthien chapter 1 . 10/9/2005
It's really nice. You really know bussines.