Reviews for Soup and Stuffed Animals
That was lovely! Harry was very cute. Beautifully written. :D
The Slytherin Devoid chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
i loved it very cute :)
werewolfsfan chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
Harry reads younger than six to me here but all of the characters in the HP canon read younger than their ages in some ways in canon. So it feels right. And it is an utterly charming story!
DELETED ACCOUNT 10123 chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
This is adorably sweet and wonderful. I laughed, I cried, and I laughed some more. I really do enjoy this fic. It's wonderful.

-Kathryn
Skreech chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
I totally loved this! Great squee material. lol, you did a good 6 year old! Never met any so thoughtful though, but it fits your Harry! Nice.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
You did fine. It can be very difficult to write children. Well done.
supergreak chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
I love the story, and Harry's a doll, trying to help Remus. I enjoyed the dynamics between Sirius and Harry.

But he sounds a little young. I have a five (AND THREE QUARTERS!) year old boy, and your Harry acts more like a young 4-year-old. Boys, especially those in Kindy and first grade, do. not. cry. It's a matter of honor, and since they're just getting used to school, they really do like to fit in. Also, for the most part, they just don't care enough. If they're hurt, they brush off and are sprinting around in less than a minute. If they're overtired AND emotionally overwhelmed AND someone hurts their feelings, they might throw a hissy and punch and scream and throw Thomas the Tank Engine at the wall and NEVER GO BACK THERE AGAIN AND I MEAN IT THIS TIME, but they wouldn't cry.

Unless there were broken bones. Maybe.

But Capslock!Harry is very much like my five-year-old on a rampage. As is Harry trying to help, believing whatever Joe Shmoe at school said, and leaping to conclusions.

Also, a boy at six or five or even four can not only get washcloths from a bathroom cabinet-easily- they can reach the faucet by opening the cabinet beneath and standing in it. Or, if Harry was really living there, he'd have his own stepstool in the bathroom. They can get EVERYWHERE. Including high shelves and somehow, the top of the fridge. Still haven't figured that one out.

I hope this helps if you ever again try to write a young Harry.

Great fic.

Cheers, Supergreak
Angelauthor14 chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
You definitely can write 6 year old! I thought this was brilliant! I absolutely loved it!
5redroses chapter 1 . 2/12/2008
That was absolutely adorable. I disagree, I think you can write- 6 year- old.
daine chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
i thought that was really cute.
TobysTardisParty chapter 1 . 12/12/2007
Okay, I just died. That was seriously the cutest story I have read in a long long time.
SB for Me chapter 1 . 8/3/2007
I thought you wrote six-year-old quite well. That was adorable!
Sivaroobini Lupin-Black chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
Yes, you CAN write six-year-olds! This is so cute, you got baby Harry perfectly. I'm guessing this is an AU where Sirius and Remus, who are a couple, raise Harry instead of the Dursleys? And yes, Sirius would be like a really big kid. Aw, poor, cute little Harry, wanting to cure Remus because he was scared Remus would die... he's so sweet. And he doesn't care that Remus is a werewolf - just like his parents. This was wonderful!
Caitlin chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
Your six year old Harry is adorable! I loved him.
taemin chapter 1 . 6/2/2006
It was... It was... I was trying not to giggle in delight so I wouldn't wake up my little sister the whole time. It was beautiful.
43 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »