Reviews for Nothing Lasts Forever
Alti'uin chapter 18 . 12/12/2011
Is there a sequel? I need to know if there is a sequel! That was a totally awesome story, but I was confused on who was speaking when, since there was no break between the different points of view. That would be a good thing to fix. PLEASE TELL ME THERE IS A SEQUEL! SERIOUSLY? Link just dies right there and all of the world is plunged into darkness? NOOOOOOO! IT CANNOT BE! LINK CAN'T DIE! I WON'T ALLOW IT! I WILL DIE IN HIS PLACE... okay maybe not, but why end there? I feel like the story is incomplete now. I loved reading it, please don't leave me hanging here. Let me know something. Give me wisdom!
Vladimir the Hamster chapter 18 . 6/28/2008
ah, to be honest, I don't remember the original version much... (sorry) But I like this new one. Quite unexpected. It just got gloomier and gloomier, and bam. haha. Nice. It's so depressing.
Basser chapter 18 . 6/9/2008
Good god... No happy endings there at all. I realized by the end that I had subconsciously been expecting everything to turn around and end up okay, because that's how a story should be, right? Fairy tales and all that. Of course then to have it all just blow up in your face like that... Totally unexpected, for me at least. And refreshing in a dark and twisted way.

In any case, LOVED reading this. It was so tragic, compelling. I can't exactly offer any critique on a completed story. Did notice a few misspellings and minor grammatical errors, but nothing grievous that a few sweeps wouldn't fix. (If you actually felt like doing it after all that editing, haha.) So I'll leave you with this empty review and just offer my thanks for an evening well-spent. Thank god for well-written fanfiction!

basser
ZombieDragon chapter 18 . 6/9/2008
It wouldn't let me review again, because I already reviewed once for this chapter, so I had to be 'anonymous.'

...

I love it! I'm not sure if it was in the previous version or not, but the last sentence really interests me. The last rain drop, is that the beginning of the Flood? You know, before Windwaker started, when the prologue said that a darkness came and the Goddesses flooded the land...?

Anyways, I still love this story! It's dark, and not all stories have to end happily. Besides, if a story's ending is sad or dark, you remember it easier. (At least, in my experience.)
RWG chapter 18 . 6/8/2008
Actually, don't worry about me not getting your message from earlier because I still did! I leave my e-mail address open to other messages from , it's just that I don't use my old account to write or review stories anymore.

Oh, and you're welcome for all of the reviews in the past! You have no idea how great your Author Note in the first chapter made me feel! I'm just glad I'm able to help out every once and awhile. ;) So yeah, you're absolutely welcome.

Now, about the story, I must admit that this is an absolute vast improvement over your other version even though it was even good from the start. I really like the connections you've made with Link's predicament being similar to the Skull Kid's in Majora's Mask. I could really see that much more in this version than I could with your last one. I also could see the connection with young Sheik/Zelda as well and the scenes that I thought were lacking last time (i.e. the "baseball scene", as other reviewers called it) were vastly improved as well and had much more depth.

I could really feel Link's struggle to stay with the "light side" instead of falling to darkness. You know this scene is something important and horrifying when even Ganon is so confused that he's hesitating to attack, that's for sure! XD But at least Link really tried to fight it this time-I think I remember him just giving into the failure immediately the last time because he was just so tired of living the way he was forced to for so long. I can honestly say that Link's fall was truly tragic in this version of your story because of everything he had to endure during his short lifetime.

Nabooru's death saddened me even more this time than it did the last time as well. I guess what's so tragic is that she was killed even when she didn't want to die and the way the rest of the people were cowering in fear added even more to that hopeless image of failure and Hyrule's fall into darkness. When people are living their final hour, it seems like that's when they want to live more than ever, and that makes this dark situation seem extremely gloomy and depressing.

Sheik having to stand there and watch everything unravel made the whole situation seem even worse, considering the fact that she (meaning when Sheik was still Zelda) was a princess who truly cared about the fate of Hyrule and wanted nothing more than to protect her home. At this point Sheik was completely powerless, so it's just so heart-wrenching. I can only imagine what he must have been going through watching his kingdom collapse right in front of his eyes.

What's also so amazing about this fic is that you almost forget that all of this is happening to a 10 to 12-year-old child!

I think that the whole message in this story was for Link to "be careful what he wishes for or he just might get it". Yep, that's a cliched statement, I know, but it held true in this case for sure. Oh, and the other message was obviously to stay away from evil masks like the Fierce Deity's mask, too, because you never know when the demon inside it will try to take over you. XP

As for the weaknesses I only saw a couple of typos throughout the whole story ("lose" spelled as "loose" and "Ikana" spelled as "Ilkana"), which is really just me nitpicking. Spellcheckers will fix that up, but besides that I couldn't find any other mistakes.

But in all seriousness, this was definitely a big improvement over your other version and I am glad to have been able to re-read it. ;) I hate to sound all gushy over fanfictions, but I really couldn't find anything wrong with your story this time. Lately I've actually been having to leave a bit of CC for people whenever I find time to review, but for your story that's not the case because everything's nearly perfect. So it's nice to be able to leave reviews praising writers instead of telling them what needs to be fixed.

This is just me hoping, so you don't have to do it if you don't want to, but...maybe you could write a sequel sometime? It really stands fine as a tragic story as it is (maybe you should've categorized this as horror/tragedy instead?), but it was just so good I'm just dying to see a sequel!
ZombieDragon chapter 18 . 5/3/2008
Oh! :D

I like this! I love the certain style of writing that you have. (the name escapes me at the moment, though...)

*Faved*
Trevylan chapter 18 . 8/9/2006
Weird. this is really confusing. i did not understand this story.
Link Fangirl01 chapter 5 . 6/12/2006
ah... my head feels funny when I think about this story. Like what's happening in it is happening to me. Weird.
Link Fangirl01 chapter 4 . 6/12/2006
AH! WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THIS STORY! I CAN'T UNDERSTAND IT!
KiaPyrosHasDied chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
i haven't started reading this yet, but i plan to a bit later, so don't fret if i don't send in a review for this chapter again. dur. you can only review a signed chapter once. ;)

this was suggested to me by Chaos Wielder, so i'll take a look and see what's up. kay? see you later!

-Kia
asbiahr0w4yh chapter 18 . 6/4/2006
Heheh, yeah, I know that many people probably won't like this as well (most people like happy endings after all), but it certainly wasn't a bad thing to write into this story. ;) It fits because it began as a dark, horrific fic to begin with. ;) It actually made me get a bit emotional because of the suffering that the people of Hyrule are going to have to endure now.

"They aren't willing to help me, true, but whose fault is that? Who can love a murderer...? No one... No one cares for me... I can accept that - it's always been there, in essence... But that's not the question, is it? The question is, do I still care for them?" Link

Oh, that's some pretty deep stuff there. It reminds me of something that one could've seen in the Majora's Mask text itself. You know, at times it does seem like most of the people either don't really understand or care about what Link himself has to go through in order to protect them and their land. They just seem to see him as some fighting machine, or something...someone that cannot fail...at least, that's the way it seems in the games (with the exception of a few like Zelda, Navi, Tatl and Saria). ;) They don't see that he is actually a person just like the rest of them.

But man, I have to admit that Nabooru's death was a very sad scene. It was probably mainly because she's my favorite sage in OoT, though. This is going to sound ridiculous, but I actually thought that she was going to be alright and survive for a minute. I shoulda known better! XP

This was well-written and very good, as usual. The only thing I can suggest is that you tie everything together well in the end-perhaps make Fierce Deity make an appearance since that is supposedly what caused Link to change as a person. ;) But either way, this is still a great fic.
Vladimir the Hamster chapter 18 . 6/4/2006
Curiosity drives me. I must know what happens.

The last bit wasn't bad. It did its job, which is what matters.

I wonder what'll happen next.
Alli-dunno chapter 18 . 6/3/2006
Excellent last chapter...Interesting coming of feelings and interesting ending! This was an awesome story!
Megii of Mysteri OusStranger chapter 18 . 6/3/2006
Wow, what a bitter ending. Though I can;t say that I like the ending, I cannot deny that this was very well written. You are very good at reading between the lines, though I think Link could have made one last attempt to kill Ganon, even if it failed.
asbiahr0w4yh chapter 17 . 5/24/2006
Wow...I don't know why, but I just had a feeling that Ganondorf was eventually going to get the Triforce from Link. This chapter was very haunting, dark, and sad all at the same time. It was like all hope was lost for the other races of Hyrule when Ganon got the Triforce. I swear, I could literally feel the intensity while reading this chapter. I actually saddened a bit when the Triforce was taken by Ganondorf and that was mainly because Link was totally powerless and was unable to stop it from happening. So far, it looks like he won't be able to save the land of Hyrule this time (unless a miracle happens! And judging by how dark this story is, I highly doubt THAT will happen! XP) I can tell that the climax to this thing is either beginning now or will very shortly due to the intensity and drama in this chapter.

"This is my chance. My opportunity to take back what was stolen from me that day... It seems so long ago, even if it was but a few months... I swore to myself I would win the God's power and bring my people glory, and then that... that child stole it from me! The Gods had made me King, and the Gods had given me the vision of my power - they sent me the dream of being King of all Hyrule, they must have! And just when I was furfilling the dream, that stupid kid jumped in the way and beat me. Well, now my dream will come true at last, and soon, oh so soon, he'll know... Him, and all the rest of the foolish Hylians, will know who is their true king... Heh. Heh. Heh. This is my chance to win at last... This... This is mine. And no one can take it from me!" Ganondorf

You know, I liked this line a lot because you actually gave Ganon more of a valid reason for wanting his power (such as the Gods giving him the vision and him actually wanting it for his people). Most of the time, the games seem to portray Ganondorf as some mad-man that wants power for himself for no other reason than to have total power over everyone and everything, but you made him seem to have more of a reason for wanting it. That seemed to make Ganon's character develop a bit more, which is a very good thing. I'm glad you portrayed Ganondorf's character in this way. ;)

I honestly can't wait to see how this story ends-it's becoming very intense now! Man, is it going to have a very powerful ending- I can tell already that it will more than likely end with a bang! XD