Reviews for DARKEST HOUR
fanficnewbiee chapter 16 . 7/11/2013
Great story thanks for sharing!
iChaos chapter 16 . 5/3/2011
The concept behind this story, as introduced in "Sweet Sixteen" sounded interesting when I began reading it, but there were several elements which bothered me about it.

Primarily, it was difficult to accept that Kagome's family would have agreed to allow InuYasha to take her back through the well in her condition in the first place, but the idea that she could actually survive laying on the floor of a hut in feudal Japan suffering from demonic plague for the better part of a month with no legitimate medical care was just too unbelievable. From a spiritual and emotional perspective, the plot was totally reasonable but I just couldn't get past the notion that there should be no way she could have physically survive that ordeal.

On top of that, the intensity of the rivalry portrayed between InuYasha & Koga got to be tiresome to read about in a hurry - especially while the object (and yes, they both did a remarkably despicable job of objectifying her) of their mutual "affections" was not actually there to quell them. All I kept thinking was that without Kagome, there was no point to their interaction and they ought to have realized this themselves.

The whole enlightenment process that Kagome endured was the salvation of the fic, but it really seemed to me that although that was paramount to the story, it was overshadowed by quite a bit of redundant dialogue between the main characters as well as InuYasha's melodramtic-self-pity-fest.

I did very much enjoy the development of InuYasha's mother as a personification of Kagome's psychosis because it was rather original, but the entire process left me thinking that Kagome might have been better off if she had never been faced with these circumstances at all.

That being the impression I was left with, the epilogue completely baffled me. Although I was expecting it, I was still surprised that the relationship between Kagome & InuYasha changed how it did when it did. I did not think that they were ready for sex at all, but I suppose that is because I think I may have either missed something vital about the story that you were trying to convey all along or I just wasn't looking at the whole thing from the proper perspective.

Overall, I felt that the fic would actually have flowed together much better if it was maybe half as long as it is. It just seemed a little too bloated to me as I read it. I hate to leave a review like this, but please don't take it as intentionally derogatory. I merely thought that if it were me, I'd want to know if the audience "got it". Clearly, I did not this time, but thank you for sharing your work.
poems2songs chapter 16 . 7/17/2009
wonderful story... nice that inuyasha & kagome mated... really liked it... good job... great work!
Kanna37 chapter 16 . 2/10/2009
I guess I'm a latecomer to this story, but I just wanted to say that it was an awesome journey, and I wish it hadn't ended. It kept me riveted, and unfortunately for my readers, it held up their stories, but I can't regret that, because even writers need stories to read. Thanks so much for sharing your imagination with us! (And by the way, I also appreciated the research that you did, it always makes the story better when the words used are right.)

Amber
RedWingedAngel002 chapter 16 . 10/18/2008
Ohmigi... its over O I think that was my favorite chapter by far. Lol. Wonderful job! Keep up the fabulous work!

RedWingedAngel002 chapter 15 . 10/18/2008
Yay! Shes back. God that took a while

ARi chan
RedWingedAngel002 chapter 14 . 10/18/2008
Oh yeah! Sesshy can help them XD I forgot all about his sward

RedWingedAngel002 chapter 13 . 10/18/2008
Come on Kagome! Ganbatteneh! )

RedWingedAngel002 chapter 12 . 10/18/2008
Nice job )

RedWingedAngel002 chapter 11 . 10/18/2008
Boy I wish they could quit acting like children and team up to help Kagome.. at least they are getting somewhere

RedWingedAngel002 chapter 10 . 10/18/2008
Keep up the great work D

RedWingedAngel002 chapter 9 . 10/18/2008

RedWingedAngel002 chapter 8 . 10/18/2008
What a dream _ Wonderful job )

RedWingedAngel002 chapter 7 . 10/18/2008
Everytime you mention ronin all I can think of is Kenshin. Lol. Wonderful job, keep up the great work )

RedWingedAngel002 chapter 6 . 10/18/2008
Wonderful job. It is quite a heartbreak for those who love her. /