Reviews for Picking up the Pieces
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
I think it was good!
Uh.yeah chapter 1 . 8/30/2006
I liked this. Your description was rather stunning. And you really managed to capture the essence of all the adventures Nine and Rose had together. I think it also showed just how hard it would be for Rose to leave all that behind.

And, ok, so maybe the ending might have been a little clichéd. But I for one, am very glad you did it. I don't like feeling sad. :D
eeveekitty85 chapter 1 . 10/19/2005
Yes, cliched, but all the description, all the detail you've put into this fic makes it worth it. I sure as heck enjoyed it...bet I'm not the only one! -
SmallInsect chapter 1 . 9/15/2005
I like it. true it’s a cliché idea (most fic ideas ARE clichés when you think about it – they say there are only 37 plots in the world altogether), but you’ve handled it very well – and unlike a lot of the fics round here you haven’t gone for the mushy happy ending – yours was more realistic – Jackie crying as she watches her daughter being taken away just when she thought she’d got her back. It was well done.

Nitpicks:

“Not even Mickey could entice her with his dazzling smile; that only made her think of Jack” - I don’t think Mickey has or was ever supposed to have a dazzling smile – it’s not within his personality. Mickey is supposed to be the “normal one in the normal world” it was never too obvious that there was ever anything special about him other than his ability to let Rose go time and again (poor Mickey :( can’t he ever catch a break) and I don’t see how it could remind her of Jack’s – I could see it reminding her because it’s so DIFFERENT from Jack’s, but a Jack-Mickey comparison is one I would not want to draw.

“The blazing sunsets, the frozen slushies, the evil dictator scenarios, the lets-go-save-the-world adventures.” – for some reason I really liked that line _

Your Rose is very IC.

The ending was.. sad. But realistic and in tune with the series – nice job. _ not your best but most certainly not terrible. It was an enjoyable read.
markus-writer chapter 1 . 9/8/2005
Good story with a good ending, even though I don't normally like short stories or sad, soppy stuff, it was good. One thing I don't get though, why did you name the Doctor "Jack"?
asimus chapter 1 . 9/8/2005
that was nice. well done!
Sheila51 chapter 1 . 9/8/2005
Okay Constructive Crit comin your way! I loved the opening, it was great angsty stuff. The Pluto part was great - and very in-character, I could hear Rose thinking those thoughts exactly.

So here is the crit. This fic would have been SO much better if you had just gotten rid of the 'happy ending' inclination, I know we all re-read our angsty fics and think they need to be happier, or the idea is this is the worst possible situation but it has to have a good ending.

I think this fic would have been emotionally much more powerful without the Docs return, but that is just my opinion and I'm a sucker for a sad Rose story.

Still a pretty good fic over all just not quite what I love.