Reviews for Visions from Beyond the Grave
GeorgyannWayson chapter 1 . 3/4
Hello there! I'm a Staffer from The Reviews Lounge Too and your story was recommended to be in our Archives by a reader of yours! For reference, I'm canon blind save for a few stories that I've read so please excuse me for any misunderstandings that I may have. On we go!

With the first stanza, there is stark contrast between the lives of Brandon and Maria. He's [a boy from the wrong side] who [struggles to live], a boy with a rough past behind him and probably a rough future ahead. She's [an ordinary girl] who [wants to escape] from the barriers of her life. I love how with Brandon, people have verbally label him, most likely because they encounter him often and with Maria, people have a certain perception of her, as though she's untouchable and hidden from the world. That wording is a very cleaver way of further showing the differences between them without outright saying something.

In the second stanza, we are introduced to their lives in terms of their worlds. With Brandon, he's very familiar with dealing with terrible things such as death. It has numbed him to the point that he just soldiers through the pain of loss with [silent fury]. In a way, one could count that as a strength of his. Maria, on the other hand, has her own obstacles to deal with. She's more involved with people and though she has options in front of her, you can tell that she isn't completely satisfied with what she's been dealt. Her uncertainty is described in one simple, yet weighty word: [perhaps].

Ah, but they both have one need in common. Though their worlds collide and their backgrounds are so very different, they both need love. And I love the question that you pose at the end here with [the same sunset]. It works to provoke thought and hope for these two from the reader's side. Will love be enough to bind the gap between them? Only time (and maybe the rest of the series) will tell!

This was a very enjoyable poem. Thank you very much for writing it! Good luck on future projects!
Legendary Biologist chapter 3 . 2/27
Haha, don't worry about the parallels. It sometimes happens to me too, but it may be because Brandon/Grave is a realistic and relate-able character. XD

A little OOC is fine, but actually here, Brandon/Grave isn't OOC at all. He seems to be just seeking for revenge in the beginning after his resurrection, and this fits him. The narrative works well here; it shows how upset Brandon is towards Harry.

A few lines I especially like:
- I'm not mad; nor am I sad.
It doesn't just read very well; it also refers to the finale, in which Brandon doesn't regret the choice he has made: choosing his best friend over the organization and his boss.
- So I'm glad to have died, though I consider it more of a birth.
Yes, yes, this line fits the reason why Brandon secretly asks Dr. T to necrolyze him.
- If Brandon Heat had been his own person, then she wouldn't have died.
Perfectly describes the dilemma he goes through in the elevator: either choose the organization and his boss (adhering to the Code of Iron, which Brandon has always done and is also part of how he lives) or his best friend.

Well done!
Legendary Biologist chapter 2 . 2/27
This poem perfectly portrays Jolice, Nathan, and Kenny, and the whole gang. The neighborhood is a dangerous place to live, and the three are easily forgettable, except... Well, the last few lines drive the point home. Brandon always remembers them, and he doesn't need to speak to show how caring he is to his friends.

Excellent work! This piece doesn't just portray the life of Jolice, Nathan, and Kenny very well; it also reminds everyone that Brandon is a loyal friend. :)
Legendary Biologist chapter 1 . 2/27
Wow, this poem is great. It perfectly describes Brandon and Maria (one is a street thug, another has a sort of higher social class), and highlights their differences and also shows their similarity. The last stanza works especially well in wrapping up the poem: Brandon and Maria live differently, yet they also yearn for one same thing: love.

Love it!
Pyromoogle chapter 3 . 4/6/2006
Those were great! You should write more! _
BuGBiTe chapter 2 . 9/26/2005
yeah...i love this very much...totally the opposites of brandon n maria...cool...
Beckster chapter 1 . 9/26/2005
Too early in the morning to think overly hard on what to say for a comment but I'm very impressed. Especially in the format you wrote this in, not many can pull it off and make it sound good AND be able to picture it in ones mind. This is so totally Brandon and Maria. Nice work, I look forward to see what else you might come up with in the future for this series.