Reviews for Not Your Usual Veela Mate
cabbieforhire chapter 46 . 6/10/2016
The one thing that stuck with me was Ginny's declaration that she only thinks of Harry as a brother. It just doesn't mesh well with how you first had her character introduced in this story, as the guy of her dreams. While she decided that she didn't want to deal with the drama of his life, not that she had a chance, Draco or no Draco, it feels weird that suddenly they're such great friends and she's calling him her brother and glaring at Draco for thinking otherwise. Because Draco is right to think otherwise and if I didn't know better I'd say Ginny was faking most, if not all, of her change of heart to get closer to Harry.

Of course, that could be because I've never liked when she gets all 'knowing' and 'feisty', both in canon and fanfics. Like when she got onto Harry's case for thinking he might've been possessed. Yes, she was partially possessed by Tom Riddle's diary, that doesn't suddenly make her an expert on all things possession. She just seemed really snotty to me, and while it was wrong that everyone basically forgot what happened to her, she didn't even remember most of what she did so if anything her so called 'expertise' on the subject was even spottier.

Oops, sort of got into a rant.
Im Just Trash chapter 12 . 6/10/2016
That part about Severus giving up his first born child to look through the book actually made me laugh.
aussieax377 chapter 12 . 5/16/2016
x
Guest chapter 69 . 5/16/2016
Prev 1. Find Your Mate, Drsupportaco2. A most wonderful thing has happened3. These will be your rooms4. You have to Harry5. What exactly is it Voldie wants?6. I Don’t Know If I Can Trust Anyone7. How did the Headmaster get in?8. I’m bored Let’s go flying!9. Time for Payback10. Got Anything In Leather?11. An unhappy Headmaster12. Books, books and more books13. Going for a Ride14. Added Protection15. Returning To School16. Lots of Talent17. A Serious Discussion18. Nighttime Terrors and Tender Moments19. Confrontations20. You Friends Are My Friends21. More Confrontations22. Meddling Headmasters and the Dark Mark23. A Quiet Sunday Afternoon24. Time For Payback II25. Explanations26. Spirit Snakes and the Dark Mark27. Consequences of Making Harry Angry28. A Truly Rotten Morning29. Hurting30. Starting to Heal31. Occlumency and the DA32. A Whole Lot of Trunks33. Early Morning Musings34. Why Me!35. Someone is having a bad day36. Tender Emotions37. The Loss of a Friendship38. Don’t Hate Me39. Unhappy Weasleys and Unexpected Allies40. Harry Awakens41. Revelations42. Plans for the Future43. Property Hunting44. A Second Kidnapping45. Picking Up the Pieces46. Finding The Strength To Go On47. A New Day – A New Start48. Dream A Little Dream49. Mail Call50. Talks51. New Resolve52. Mail call II53. The Headache That Is Harry Potter54. Revenge Comes In Many Forms55. Should I Stay Or should I Go?56. Should I Stay Or should I Go? II57. Should I Stay Or Should I Go? III58. Back To Hogwarts59. Standing On Opposite Sides Of The Gorge60. Mayhem At Hogwarts – It Begins61. The Mayhem Continues62. A Harry Sized Headache63. Enemies Galore64. The Value Of A Good Book65. The Night Before66. Operation Distracting Dumbledore67. Will Plans Ever Go As Planned!68. Coming Together69. Dumbledore's Utopia
Beccann chapter 69 . 5/15/2016
Please continue I have really enjoy this story and I will love to see how it will end.
vasanthabose14 chapter 6 . 5/12/2016
03q
Elsforever chapter 25 . 4/26/2016
I love the story. Somethug i noticed in this chapter is that you talk about lucien malfoy and augustus snape. but the name snape is from his muggle father. wouldnt it be augustus prince? Its such a tiny detail. I only nouced it because its at least the 10th time i reaf this story.
Cam chapter 69 . 4/23/2016
This is the best drarry story I've ever read. I know it's been a long time but I really hope you finish it.
Calmzone1 chapter 36 . 4/15/2016
you are an amazingly talented writer. You walked Ginny through her reasonings for wanting to be with Harry and then walked her through why she wouldn't be best for him. Masterful! I am sorry that you feel as if you were writing for the fans instead of yourself. As I started reading this after you stopped updating, I can only assume that people were giving you prompts. The result has been that your story has deeper thoughts and reasonings behind many secondary characters, which is wonderful and adds depth to your story. The challenge with that is that your story can meander off in different directions and lose a bit of focus. The only thing I could suggest to aid you in either re-directing or re-starting would be to think of the story as you have written it and make point form notes of eventual occurences that are integral to push the story through to the end. You obviously have an ending in mind, which I would love to read, now work out how to get there. Then go back and insert any of the actions of the secondary characters like Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Neville, and Blaise and see if their stories will enhance or not. (lol, since I'm writing this in ch 36, I'll be cryptic if anyone' reading reviews before reading so as not to spoil it. I can't wait to see the things gone, Her reaction to papers, and both manipulator's fury. )
Calmzone1 chapter 18 . 4/12/2016
found just a couple, till - still, and trigged - triggered
Calmzone1 chapter 17 . 4/12/2016
I love how you are slowly letting them all learn about each other. I love the chess set and the idea to submit the idea. (practise - practice, Harry a show - shove, then bothering - than bothering, though -thought, chance he get(s). )
Calmzone1 chapter 16 . 4/12/2016
I love the Forgotten Arts class. And I also loved: 'Was stupidity one of the qualifications to be a wizard?'!
(corrections: instance - instant, did no - did not, perched- perked
Calmzone1 chapter 15 . 4/12/2016
yep, Dumbles does it again. (corrections found: cocked - cooked?, you decide because it could also be cocked up or cooked up, suitable - suitably, when you search weregoing to add a space you'll see todo, Veelaand and twoboyswatchedHarry also needing spaces)
Calmzone1 chapter 13 . 4/12/2016
You and your beta(s) have done a fabulous job of editing. (I found a few things missed: encore - an encore, become - became, horse were - horse was, clucking slightly would be better as clicking his tongue (with or without quietly) as then he wouldn't sound like a chicken, and, onto -. into his mouth.)
Calmzone1 chapter 12 . 4/12/2016
I could rave about every chapter, but just consider them all raved about :D
(These are a few of the corrections I found, other than a new sentence where they are discussing Longbottom and why Sev might hate him. fulfil - fulfill, clutter - clatter, dept - debt, as well as a missing word where Harry says, "I'd flattened, needs 'have' before the flattened)
8,637 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »