Reviews for Doing What I Have to Do
MsFrizzle chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
I took your advice and read Temptation first. First I have to thank you for introducing and explaining these different forms of poetry. I feel my education has been sorely lacking. I liked the way the second line in each stanza becomes the first line in the next.

I am very much impressed with your skill and cleverness in capturing the characters. The dark eeriness of this one is enhanced by the repetition.

Of course the names of these poetic styles fit just perfectly. Who else would be the featured character in a Villanelle or a Pantoum? Ha! So clever! Now I need to find an English major to share this with.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
Danny has a little too much fun sometimes, in the course of his duties. The phrase "misplaced aggression" comes to mind...
Donteatacowman chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Wow, I've never read a pantoum before. Cool. Good job.
korel.c chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
Your meter is perfect - all I can do is try. Seven syllables a line? I'm just...

You can tell Danny's really tired, and the driving rhythm of the poem does imply it. Thanks for the 'Danny Pantoum' thing, I'll be using it a lot from now on. XD

Scribere jussit amor.

-KorelC-
Switchblade237 chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
Woah - cool. I've never heard of this style of poetry before. I agree with you - it fits Danny, and it was well written. I like it!
Samantha-Girl Scout chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
this is really good... continue on with these poems!
Emmy chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
Eep! Danny's despair and tiredness sound out load and clear.
dead deleted closed chapter 1 . 9/18/2005
WAI! I love it when the good guy gets a little off-balanced in the head. :X Their physical and emotional pain makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

(watches a .gif of Ed getting pounded into a tree over and over again)

Poor Ed... :/ Er, Danny. Both. Bah.

Lord help me, there is too much Yu-gi-oh shounen-ai on my computer...

ERZLO
iwantcandy2 chapter 1 . 9/9/2005
I've always liked villanelles, cause once you'v written the first stanza, you,like, half done. ;) Anyways, very captivating, it truly does fit Danny
KatrinaKaiba chapter 1 . 9/9/2005
This one was good. I liked the way it flowed.

KatrinaKaiba
phantomwriter92 chapter 1 . 9/9/2005
This was good really good, it's hard to write pantoums,I've job
superdork398 chapter 1 . 9/9/2005
This was a good poem. Adios.