Reviews for Power Shift
Epicsaurus Rex chapter 2 . 4/13/2012
I love the concept of this, but I love it even more because neither Megatron or Starscream are the main characters. A third party prospective is so rarely seen and rarerly done correctly, but you pull it off spectacularly. The way you write as Thrust is so perfectly in character that I would swear Thrust himself was writing this.

Thrust is a character that is either loved or hated by Armada fans, with most of them siding with the latter and just down right despising his mere existance. With that said, its nearly impossible to find a fic that does him any justice and writes him as more than just useless cannon fodder. For that, I thank you for writing this character with dignity.

It's a shame that this story looks to be abandoned. I would have loved to see where it could go. It's a very entertaining read and I enjoyed every minute of it.
ArmoredSoul chapter 2 . 4/6/2008
*head/desk*

Idiot 'Cons...
Seiberwing chapter 2 . 10/23/2005
Loveitloveloveit. You've got Thrust down absolutely perfect. Condenscending, snarky, but perhaps not as secure as he acts. You've actually written him as a complex character. Sideways too; dropping in the exact wrong string of words to set off conflict.

They're completely confused as to how to act in their new bodies, although they're slowly starting to get it. I knew Megatron was going to do badly at flying, but even so, ouch.

I like the Decepticon concept of using real pain in the training simulations. It's exactly the sort of thing Decepticons would do to make themselves strong. Same for Thrust's little dissertation on reading body language. It's the little details that help make this so interesting.
indigo-ink chapter 2 . 10/21/2005
It's an indication of the excessive amount of slash I read that I read Sideways' and Thrust's interaction at the end and wondered if Sideways was hitting on him.

Another very nice chap. Favourite part by far was the aforementioned dialogue at the end. Fun to see the two Sneakiest Things Alive snark at each other. Starscream and Megatron's feeble attempts at being each other are great,(and, frequently, snigger-worthy)as well as their reaction to Thrust and his signs.

And poor, poor Demolisher. He doesn't deserve that. ;)
SJ777 chapter 2 . 10/7/2005
Excellent, my dear friend, and getting quite humourous. I'm sure Pivot would be ecstatic to see Thrust a key character in more fics.
Hika chapter 2 . 10/5/2005
Demmy gets the scare of his life, then ends up in charge. Hoo boy.

Would there happen to be a battle with the Autobots coming up? Just a hunch...No, wait; warp gate's broken.

They couldn't if they wanted to.

Keep writing this or I will send Hiei and Cartridge over to blow you up. (Not really, but keep writing anyway!)
Seiberwing chapter 1 . 10/3/2005
How the heck did I miss good Thrust-fic?

You've really captured Thrust's condenscending tone and world-view. Everyone else is an idiot compared to his genius, in his optics. And you handled the concept of the switched bodies quite well, what with the differing masses and body shapes. And poor confused Demolisher.

My only little nitpick is where Thrust smacked Sideways. I never saw him as the type to get physical, but it's true that he was under a good bit of stress at that point and might have done OOC things at that point.

I eagerly await more!
Pivot chapter 1 . 9/22/2005
*finally gets time to review*

Love it. It's well-written Thrustfic, after all. What's not to love? (Not to mention the Decepticon characterisation...) I can't wait to see how this goes. (Starscream body-swtiched with Megatron with Thrust narrating? Has Christmas come early?)

Must respectfully beg permission to link to this from the CPS (Coneheads Protection Society) page. Please? *offers chocolate*
Hika chapter 1 . 9/10/2005
I didn't understand much, but I guess I got the gist...Didn't think fire could burn in space. Hmm...Oh well, this is funny, and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
indigo-ink chapter 1 . 9/9/2005
*pounces, and, with a supreme lack of dignity, hugs you to death*

One small mistake;

-Thrust snorted and began walking towards me-

Think you meant Sideways there, unless there's two of him wandering around. Not that I'd mind...

And now that that's over with... THRUSTFIC! Good, in-character Thrustfic!

Even better is the interaction between IC Megs and Screamer. *sighs happily over her squabbling, unreasonable boys*

Thrust having to resort to smacking Sideways around was nice. Yay for Decepticon-type discipline. Absolutey love Megatron and Starscream's complaints over each other's bodies. Seeing them freak out is both funny and entirely understandable, 'specially seeing as how Megs seems more angry and Starscream more miserable than actually scared. They do change forms and alt-modes pretty often, as it is.

Not quite certain that Demolisher would refer to Thrust as 'sir'. Far as I recall, Demmy was never all that impressed with him, even if he was trying to get the beloved tactcian to relay a compliment.

-I’m quite sure that you will prove to be superior in this as you are in everything you do, mighty Megatron.”-

Hehheh, Thrust is so good at his job.

-“My form is the pinnacle of aerial perfection!” he snarled back. “Unlike this plodding, land-bound mess of yours.”-

Brain: *howls with laughter and cheers him on*

ink: *glomps Starscream, again, without any trace of dignity whatsoever*

-“Blast this paper-light form of yours, Starscream. How can your gyroscopics compensate for this?”-

ink: *glomps the Megs*

Brain: Well, all that hot air helps a bit...*ducks*

So, yeah. Sorry for rambling. Is very, very nice. More? Please? *grins; bows; departs*