Reviews for five portraits
BoldlyOutspoken chapter 1 . 2/20/2015
This is really good! I especially like Cecilia's. And the whole idea of using only 200 words each is really interesting. One thing I noticed, though, is that Lux's seems to be a little more about Mrs. Lisbon than about Lux. I know their mother was the cause of a lot of the story, though, so it does make sense...
sora kazega chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
This is probably the best fitting personality description of each of the girls, but perhaps even more so of Mrs. Lisbon. *sigh* To retain some illusion of her former beauty, perhaps.
Perilous Velocity chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
The best Virgin Suicides story I've ever read. All of the sisters are so amazingly well described. Can't choose my favourite portrait, they were all great and gave Lisbon sisters more depth. Also I adore your writing style.

I read this story for the first time ages ago, but I love to come back to reading it every now and then :)

AudiblexGasp chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Wow. You did a good job with this, especially with only 200 words each. Everyone was in character and the end was so very. Nice work, keep it up.
C ya!
Amkil chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
xnothingatallx chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
Really good you got tallent
SalvaVeritate chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Hey, I know it's been a long time since you wrote this but I just wanted to tell you that I loved this piece. At 200 words each, I know the task of limiting yourself as a writer (at least this is the problem with me. :D) is very difficult. This makes it all the more better.

Thanks for writing this, I just reread the book and you've captured the characters perfectly.
conversationswithdeadpeople chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
That was so, so beautiful. You captured them so perfectly. I loved it.
Deleting123456 chapter 1 . 3/13/2007
I ffelt so defeated afterreading this. LIke when I work hard and then it goes to waste. I just was like "boy, that was depressing" I'm not sure if this is good yet. I do like this though. Your writing is very good. Keep it up!
arohalove chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
Excellent. I love the way you've woven your own answer to the sister's suicides.
Quinni chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
wow...harsh...but very, very had a great knowledge of the characters, well done.
HerPaperHeart chapter 1 . 2/4/2006
Wow, that was amazing. You truely have each character down by heart. Very beautiful.
xMovingMountainsx chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
aw i love it! 200 words is very little and yet you captured so much within that limit!

flight, about cecilia was beautiful

'Smiling: for no reality, however cold, would bring her down again.'

and i especially liked holy, about bonnie...

'she wishes her mother were in heaven, where, sainted, she would'

'She prays for Cecilia... She is damned... But she is free' i cut that bit up but its my fave!

your a good writer, i'll be reading some of your other stuff soon!
midnightair chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
jeez you really really got into their heads. great work!
Partial Anaesthesia chapter 1 . 12/14/2005
I loved it! It's a really original piece and it was enjoyable to read.