Reviews for Anything But Ordinary
pikachucat chapter 24 . 4/14
awesome more please
mossbed chapter 15 . 5/28/2014
err, doubutsu 動物 is just "animal" 獣 (kemono) is beast. Or 野獣 (wild beast), which is used to translate "beast" as in Beauty and the Beast.
mossbed chapter 21 . 5/28/2014
Kamisama 神様 is far, far more common than just 神 if you're invoking the god, begging for forgivness. Honary suffix and all. also, ごめんなさい is more formal (and thus appropriate for a god) than すみません。 Also, 許す is the dictionary form of forgive- so they're saying "to forgive, to forgive" rather than begging "forgive me, forgive me". To say forgive me, change it to 許して下さい, or 許してくれ. also 頼む is often used in begging. 神様、ごめんなさい!ごめんなさい!許してくれ。 ハーマイオニー, お願いだから、許してくれ" (kami sama, gomennasai! Gomennasai! yurushite kure. Hamaioni-(Hermione), onegai dakara, yurushitekure"
mossbed chapter 23 . 5/28/2014
Nai means more like "nothing" rather than no... "ie" is the polite no, and "iya" is the casual no.
mossbed chapter 24 . 5/28/2014
Actually, we say 何で (nande)? to mean "why not" and "why". 何故 (naze) isn't really used very often at all. どうして(ですか) (doushite (desuka))? is much more common. in the case where Harry is responding to Hermione for telling him off about sliding his hand up her skirt, he could also say いいじゃん, (iijyan) which is hard to translate, but means sort of "so what?" or "come on" in a sorta petulant way.
DaughterofDante chapter 24 . 4/22/2014
wolf, dolphin, or pegasus is hermione's animagus form
Jostanos chapter 4 . 3/1/2014
'Ima Foot'? That sound like a question on Jeapordy or something Sherlock Holmes may ask ' What may the game say it may be?'
Guest chapter 1 . 11/16/2013
Argh what the hell man/lady some people have no interest in Japanese culture and the pedophilia that comes with it...

what the hell 'kun' 'chan'?

Seriously people this is british!
mossbed chapter 2 . 5/24/2013
By the by, 悪魔 (akuma) is usually translated as demon, not 悪霊 (akurei). Akurei is literally "evil spirit."

Also, you probably meant 何だよ、 or 何よ (nan da yo or nani yo). 何の(nan no) is what plus the article の (possessive marker. Eg, it's generally used for questions...like "what color do you like?" rather than exclamations.

I have lived in Japan for almost a third of my life and speak fluently. :) No hard feelings...I get obsessive, occasionally...

I recommend you read the manga/see the anime Nurarihyon No Mago, which also has a part youkai protagonist. (They call Nura Rihan a 半妖 (hanyō ,half youkai)). I think you'd enjoy it!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
Good start
Raven AzuNoctuli chapter 11 . 2/24/2013
Raven desu ! It's Raven ! ok, "help" is more "tasukete" and when you say "woman", more use "onna"
Raven AzuNoctuli chapter 6 . 2/24/2013
Raven's Return ! Welcome to my japanese class. When Snape said Harry can be dengerous, harry have to said "nani" and not "nan no", that mean "what". Otherwise, Konnichiwa it isn't "hello", but "good morning", for other time of day, you have to said "ohayo" or "ohayo gosaimasu", the more polite form.
Raven AzuNoctuli chapter 2 . 2/24/2013
ok, just little things about japanese. Iie mean "no". Here, Aika said it's not necessary to thank her, a polite form. A ghost, or phantom, it's yurei. Yokai mean demon (i think akurei is a type of demon, i don't know) and an half-human, half-demon is an hanyo (like Inu Yasha). forgive an interested reader to his comment, i just want to help. thanks
Lady Aramis chapter 24 . 2/4/2013
I love this story! You are an excellent writer, and I simply adore the idea of a Japanese half-demon Harry. He's just so cute!
Larisya chapter 3 . 1/27/2013