Reviews for Running the Gauntlet
Guest chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
Great fic. Great analysis. Great characterization.
Great ending.
Thank you for posting. *tips hat*
crystalwolfberri chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
what a great introspective piece. :)

I love it, it was so interesting to read. I was hooked til the end, and it's all so true! ;) but how did Raven think about all this in just one minute and 41 seconds? haha

great writing too! (3
bbissocute chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
I have absolutely fallen for this piece. Excellent job. I love the amazing detail with Raven's thoughts. You are truly one of the more talented authors on this site. Excellent job, once again.

bbissocute
Kelly chapter 1 . 3/5/2007
This was beyond what I expected...

Most stories with RAven being jealous of Terra ae a bit well...

out of character.

But this, this was wonderfull! I could totally see Raven thinking any of these things, and can easily believe this being her view on Terra. Beautiful work!
The Mad shoe1 chapter 1 . 1/16/2006
I really liked this fic, you did a great job with it.
Perentie Fan chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
As others have noted, your interpretation of Raven's views on Terra were much as I had thought myself. Too few fanfics take the effort to show in such detail a character's thoughts on serious events in the episodes, but Raven's thoughts on her fight with Terra are certainly some of the most worthy.

There are few scenes that rival the depth and symbolism of the words they exchanged, be it Raven's anguished screams of "I trusted you! We trusted you! We gave you everything and you treat us like dirt!" to Terra's final remark "who's in control now?" and of course the ever ingfamous "was it because everyone liked me better than you?"

On that note I would say that I do believe Raven trusted Terra, but at the same time did not truly trust her. How could see with that vision she had when she returned (showing flashes of Slade and Terra). If nothing else see wanted to trust Terra, and so acted as if she did.

Some might take issue with Raven seeing herself as more attractive than Terra, mainly due to how surprised she was at the thought of Malchior calling her beautiful, but I think it is appropriate enough that Raven has some pride in how she looks, if she didn't she wouldn't have gotten upset with Starfire over the "looking like this" remark in "Switched."
VeelaChic chapter 1 . 12/13/2005
Kool Gah I hate Terra, she gives a bad name to blondes gr
CalliopeMused chapter 1 . 12/10/2005
Wow. This is all the passing thoughts I've ever had about Terra, organized neatly. Raven's a very tricky character to deal with, but you have a mature understanding of her. You don't bash or idolize Terra- she's a girl, not an incarnation of good or evil. SushiChica recommended this fic, and I'm glad she did- thanks for the excellent story.
SushiChica chapter 1 . 11/28/2005
Let's just say I liked it so much that I read it to my Drama class as an example of EXCELLENT fanfiction.
StargazerSarah chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
Wow, this is great. Really explains everythng while keeping it interesting. Love the fact that there is no dialogue-who would she be talking to, herself?- and it's still very descriptive. I love it. Keep up the great writing!

p.s. you are awesome!
Jin Flows chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
*cough* ahem...you freaking rule! I started reading this story because in one of my stories I am making BB run a gauntlet and I was wondering yours was anything like mine. Not at all, but amazing in its own right. I am also doing another story in which I am gonna talk about Raven's emotions and feelings about Terra and I wanted to hear someone else's interpretations and you expressed them very well. Dead on the money mate! I think this was an awesome story and the way its set up, you didn't need dialogue at all. Wow, I have to refer people to this piece because it just rocks. My interpretation of why Raven hates Terra is similar to yours but it was originally more about how Raven has trust issues, but you have already swayed me. They are just alike. Well now I have no idea what to write because you have already described everything so well. I am gonna have to sit on this for awhile and think of something new. Kick ass job you did on this. Just awesome.
AnimeKittyCafeDiedOrSomething chapter 1 . 9/23/2005
Woah, I missed reviewing this! *clonks self on head* Five thousand sorrys!

Of course, I've already said this, but I love this story. _
ILUVBBRAE chapter 1 . 9/11/2005
Nice chappie! My friend even recommended this story! it has to be great! - well keep em comin
crazybritoutforevange chapter 1 . 9/10/2005
it was great, can u make it a sequal... please. its a fantastic fic. u deserve a cookie, yum cookie. YEY SEASON 5
Kayo-the-black-sheep chapter 1 . 9/10/2005
o.O Wow! Nicely written! I've read these kinds of stories and it never accuetly sounds like Raven's talking, you know? But you made it a pretty belivable oneshot. Oh! And I can't wait for the next chap. to True Love! w Keep up the good work!