Reviews for On Epiphanies
Terenbas chapter 5 . 5/22/2007
Have you ever seriously considered a Seth and Eirika pairing?

Those two are cute together. And, Seth is just my favorite character anyway. So put more of him in...not that I'm writing this story or anything, just...just do it!...hee

Anyway, very interesting story. I like the way that you are logically fitting all of this together. Post-war and all.

By the way, if you have a yaoi pairing of say, Seth/Cormag, I will kill you online.

Just a friendly note!
Silverpistola chapter 5 . 7/9/2006
An excellent chapter as always. Gotta wonder about Ephraim's dream, very cryptic.

You got the characters down to a tee, each one is very consistant and vivid.

*Silverpistola*
Silverpistola chapter 4 . 2/28/2006
Great chapter. Good and long!

I especially liked the part with Father Moulder. Very apt.

Update soon please!

*silverpistola*
Writer Awakened chapter 1 . 2/23/2006
Hmm, pretty nice. First things first: I've only read the first chapter, but this should really be part humor. There's a wit here that makes the writing different than almost anything else here. That could either be a good thing or a bad thing, but since anything different is good, I'll have to say good.

The writing is nice. Aside from the battles, where it seems to drag on a bit, the writing is fluid, engaging, and pretty vivid. Good stuff.

Okay, it's long. This is just my opinion, but cutting the chapters in half hikes up the chapter count AND makes each chapter a little bit more manageable...eh.

The one problem I have is the characterization. Marisa seems a bit odd (before the delirium settles in, mind you!) She seems a bit less...distant and blank she usually is. Also, Joshua seems a bit more exciteable than I remember him. I always consider him more the type to let most things just slide off of him. I'm reminded of his conversation with Caellach: "Sorry, but I'm going to have to kill you", to paraphrase. Classic. Lastly, Natasha seems a bit too much like Fina from Skies of Arcadia- naive and clueless about the ways of humans. Specifically, when she says she has to fix her lack of exposure to fiction.

Anyway, aside from that, it's a good first chapter. At the very least, there's a healthy dose of wit that makes the whole thing stand out.
Pureauthor chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
Extremely good characterization in your three chapters, as a whole. The chapter of flashbacks was slightly jarring at the start, but once you've gotten the idea that it's a series of flashbacks, you can settle in easily.

Characterisation of Marisa seems a bit off, especially considering that I've yet to see poison in an FE game that made you delirious.

Innes/Anybody except maybe Eirika is plain unrealistic. I'm going to assume your crack about the innuendo in his support with L'Arachel was a joke, either that or you have spent WAY too much time on the GameFAQS forums. That, and Innes does not grin. Ever.

Your writing skills themselves are good. No glaring grammatical errors, and your interpretation of Joshua's character is rather well done.

However, Ephraim also isn't the type to angst over his decisions - to him, whatever choice he makes is the right one. Just look at the pre-battle convo with Lyon on his route. Eirika should have been the one with the self-doubt (although it's a curious issue of just which persona they faced in the final battle).

Overall, it's a pretty good work. Keep it up.
leradny chapter 3 . 10/28/2005
W00t! I forgot to review this-stupid me. I lurve the constructive mangling of the game-plot you've twistedly contrived. I heart mangling. I'm a little bit... ill... now, so I'm spewing random sentences. I apologise.

And what was that about Pulp Fiction? That movie scared me... :D
Arc Trader chapter 3 . 10/11/2005
The jumbled as crud viewpoints threw me for a while until I realized they were scenes from the past. Guess that's me and never having seen Pulp Fiction.

Okey, I went and reviewed the Innes/L'Arachel convos and maybe I'm just dense, but I'm not seeing it... really.

"And what the hell are you, psychic?"

Why, of course, my dear writer. I correctly predicted how Kreuze would die in Gundam Seed and I seem to be correct on how the Mega Man Zero series has ended (though that's not much of a stretch of the imagination). So far, at least, unless Capcom pulls Zero 5 out of thin air. And yet, somehow I missed all the obvious plot twists in Tales of Symphonia. Go figure.

Truth be told, I brought it up since you pulled an unconventional pairing into play: Joshua/Eirik. So I figure Saleh/Eirika is a canon pairing, and yet there are no stories on it at all. Simply astounding.

So that's how you're manipulating the two storylines of the game... herm herm herm...
Arc Trader chapter 2 . 10/3/2005
Hey, hey, it's another chapter!

To be honest, I don't really like Innes paired up with anyone. The man is far too focused on beating Ephraim that I find it more likely that he'll fall in love with himself.

I find it a bit disappointing that Ephraim and Joshua didn't get any interaction in the game. At least steps are being taken to remedy that here...

And talk about an original pairing. Never have I seen anyone even entertain the idea of Joshua/Eirika before. But you've so far pulled it off while giving it a semblance of credibility.

Now, if only someone would actually go and write a Saleh/Eirik story, which is one of the canon endings. C'mon, now, even Eirika/Forde has a story on it...

I actually think it would be more original to see duty prevail... but I'm not one to dictate pairings...

Coming back to that point, I would think it'd be not too far a stretch to have Eirik not immediately being so enthused with the idea of another man hoping to win her over. Let's not forget that she should conceivably still be crushed by Lyon's final confession to her... something I find too many Eirik romance writers blatantly ignore, much to my displeasure.
kazekage26 chapter 2 . 10/1/2005
I think this story's great. Please update often. Oh, and please include Marisa in. In that last paragraph, it seemed as if Marisa was completely forgotten.
leradny chapter 2 . 9/28/2005
Characterization is PERFECT. Writing style: I thrive on your long chapters, intricate plots, and humor.

About my, cough, Joshua/Natasha obsession: Actually, I was also somewhat intrigued by possible Joshua/Eirika. Sure, I feel incredibly strongly towards Joshua/Marisa, who have more in common than the fact that they both use swords and can actually HAVE supports to boot, but... well, I'm a Gerik/Marisa fan. (cut to collection of G/M drabbles) So there.

This chapter was, like... PERFECT. Eirika and Joshua duke it out! Red to blue! Sieglinde to Audhulma! King of the White Dunes to Restoration Queen!

...But first, I have to actually READ the third chapter. Please make it possible for me to do so, and until then pay no mind to the immediate preceding paragraph.
Silverpistola chapter 2 . 9/27/2005
I love your story! Your write admirably long chapters and the romance is tasteful (such a rarity!).

Please update soon!

*silverpistola*
Korsriddare chapter 2 . 9/27/2005
Very nicely written, the characters are all written in character so far :)

Though, admittedly, I like Eirika x Seth, and Joshua x Natasha, so I am not feeling all that 'fluffy' at the end of chapter 2... But still, it was nicely writte :)

Hopefully everything will turn out well. Looking forward to next chapter!
leradny chapter 1 . 9/15/2005
"AGGHH! SON OF A MOTHERFUCKING GWYLLGI, I SO DID NOT ENJOY THAT!"

"Do you need to be so loud?"

"YEAH, WELL I DON'T SEE YOUR DAMN COLLARBONE SEVERED! SHUT UP!"

That quote just made my day. Lmfao! I could just imagine Joshua screaming and cursing at the top of his lungs right after a bad injury! Man...

The added device of Delirious!Marisa also added to the humor in this piece, and Joshua's preference to call enemy heroes 'villains' was very amusing. (I was wondering about that, too :D.)

If you're this good with characterizing Joshua, I would like to see what happens with Ephraim. But first... Joshua. Please? I was bemoaning the lack of good Joshua/Natasha fiction and... well...

...yeah...

...Keep writing!
Arc Trader chapter 1 . 9/11/2005
You've got this old veteran cracking up.

There are a couple of times I feel that you don't quite have Marisa down right... I refer to the somewhat lengthy sentences she uses in the first part. But on the other hand, I'm not that surprised to see poison having that kind of an effect on her. Anyone whose trademark line is "So when do I start killing?" would probably have an unexpected response.

Uh, that made no sense. But still, this is probably the first Marisa/Joshua/Natasha love triangle I've ever seen. Looks good so far.

Oh, but you did have L'Arachel so perfectly in character. That girl is the most hilarious Fire Emblem character ever.
trimurti chapter 1 . 9/10/2005
Wow. This is...very interesting. Very nice writing style, a story that flows well...nice. If Joshua continues down this path, he's going to get in a lot of trouble. I can't wait! Well, this is one of those stories where it all flows so easily that I don't have the inclination to pick at one scene or another, so I leave the serious critiquing to other people. I'm definitely impressed by the strength of this first chapter, so keep it up!