Reviews for Exact Change
kzinti7 chapter 2 . 9/11/2005
Wow, can only say "Well done" Hope to see more of your work in the future.
Ketrus chapter 2 . 9/11/2005
This is one of the very few fanfics I've read that I've genuinely enjoyed. Short, sweet, with excellent use of time travel as a device for character development. Not only do we get to see Nabiki change, but we see her perceptions of Ranma's character change.

I could go on, but I'll spare you the self-important tone of extended analysis. To keep it terse, my favorite part had to be when Nabiki had her epiphany. The only way for Queen Manipulation to save the day was to manipulate herself, all the way back at age seven. That has to be some sort of strange suicide maneuver, one that eerily mirrors Ranma's attempted sacrifice against Happosai. It left me with the impression that your Nabiki and your Ranma are very similar, at the core, which perhaps was your entire point in writing this.
Cyde chapter 2 . 9/11/2005
Wow. As a big fan of odd Ranma pairings, I am rather hard to impress when it comes to Nabiki/Ranma pairings. This is easily one of the best I've ever had the pleasure to read.

It takes an almost Star Wars-esque approach, too, which gives you a rather wide opening for a prequel. I think you could make an equally good story covering the events between Ranma's arrival in 1987 and the anchoring in 1989 and I seriously implore you to consider doing this.

All in all, it is a marvelous work
ranger5 chapter 2 . 9/11/2005
Outstanding! A very nice twist on the time travel stuff. Excellent characterizations. Looking forward to seeing more posts from you.
LEE HOLLENSTEINER chapter 1 . 9/11/2005
THIS IS GREAT! I LIKE A STORY THAT IS BOTH BELIEVABLE AND HAS A HAPPY ENDING. THE POTENTIAL FUTURE ARE VERY CREDITABLE AND THE MEANS TO PREVENT THEM BELIEVABLE. I HOPE THAT YOU WILL CONTINUE WRITING.

GOOD LUCK
pspinler chapter 2 . 9/11/2005
Uh, wow.

As another time traveling nabiki ranma story author, let me offer my sincere admiration. Very, very well executed.

I particularily like the character's interplay and the deep character development, all done as you advance the story.

My thanks for some fantastic work.

- Pat
kilo chapter 2 . 9/11/2005
a wonderful story, i think i might even be the first to review it, as there werent any reviews when i started reading it. well written, good plot and well fleshed out.

2 things, one, it is Koi fish, not Coy. second the amount of money 10,0 yen that the science club wants to borrow, is not so substancial when you consider exchange rates, it ends up being around 100 bucks, which most high school student would have or be able to get.
zmanjz chapter 2 . 9/11/2005
well.

I don't normally find the shorter stories to be this well written.

I really enjoyed it. It involved the most complex of all time travel stories: direct and repeated alteration of temporal paths using a fixed point of refrence. I've read stories that were 200,0 words long and didn't impress me in the least. But this story was most impressive. Given the specific alterations/actual changes done in this story, and the causality-modified psyches of the temporally parallel characters were perfect in that they were similar but different.

I'll have to read your other stories.

Thank you, for such a gift as a truly good story can be rare.
Sopchoppy chapter 2 . 9/11/2005
Another Great Story. I await more of them, write more!
Angus MacSpon chapter 1 . 9/11/2005
Exceptionally good story. We need more like this. I'm glad to have read it.

Thank you.
Rignach chapter 2 . 9/11/2005
An Excellent Story. If anything you have written is as good as this one and your Ah! My Ranma One Half! story arc I hope you will write us a lot fanfictions in the future.
Jerry Unipeg chapter 2 . 9/11/2005
GREAT CHAPTER! Nice ending to the story.
Aku-dono chapter 2 . 9/11/2005
...Wow

That's... quite a story. You have a knack for planning, don't you?

Loved it. Very nice work _

~Akuma-sama, the demon lord
Lerris chapter 2 . 9/11/2005
Overall this was a quite good story with the weakest points being the second introduction of Ranma. Too much had changed for that script to be followed quite that closely, but its not a major thing.

The letter from many years ago was perhaps a bit weak. There is no gaurantee the postal service would even do that, and she could have just made a pit stop in that timeline.. If you ever feel like revising it, an idea that might (or might not) work would be for Nabiki to write a series of letters to herself over the years and drop them in the mailbox as she journeyed back in time..

Again, overall, this was fun to read and I hope you get time and motivation to write more.. (Time to see if you have written any Ranma stories I haven't read.)
Jerry Unipeg chapter 1 . 9/11/2005