Reviews for Exact Change
CompYES chapter 2 . 8/26/2012
160 is a good number to be.

I love this story. You were the writer that turned me on to Nabiki/Ranma. Before this story, I just slogged through Ranma fanfiction trying desperately to find Akane/Ranma fics that didn't irritate me (and that usually only happened when the writers chose to write Akane as a reasonable human being or a redeemable violent tsundere who is rehabilitated).

All of my buttons for things I look for in good fanfiction are hit by your story. Your writing and writing style are good. You don't make a million spelling and grammar mistakes and really, that's the make or break point a lot of the time for me. Then of course, there's the time travelling. Gah. I'm constantly undone by time-travel done well. The way you did it was very well thought out too. It always makes me chuckle that Nabiki stumbled upon time travel on accident whilst collecting a debt. Seriously, only Nabiki. This story is a testament to the fact even with two intelligent individuals (incredibly intelligent on Nabiki's part) putting their noggins together, there are always a heap of things that can go wrong. Getting it right was constantly trial and error for Nabiki. It was her failed attempts that really made the story for me because she really is the kind of person who learns from her mistakes. And not just how to fix the situation, but how to fix herself as a person.

Ranma also made the story for me. His emotions were so clear even if the story wasn't being told from his point of view. Beside loving the great happy ending epilogue, my other favorite part was when Ranma got down to business once Nabiki passed him the letter. Both times really. It's so sad that the only people he could trust were himself and Kasumi. That the only home he'd ever known was the Tendo place despite how sucky his life can get there. While it's too bad it took such extreme circumstances to see Ranma for the noble person he really was, it was great to see her unravel a bit more of him each time she time traveled.

To wrap this very long review, I just want to say thank you very much for sharing this gem. I'm glad it didn't end up getting scrapped. It's still the best Nabiki/Ranma (and possibly Ranma in general) fanfic I've ever read. I know I'll continue revisiting this story for years to come.

Thanks again,
Nana of CompYES
Rexnos chapter 2 . 8/13/2012
Obviously not your most recent work, but I've been looking through all your work at the moment. I think the lack of a complete filter was leaving me hesitant from looking in and it seems more than a little mistake. Your have good plot, good character and generally good writing. I've found several typos, even in your more recent work, but not enough to detract from the overall product. Other than switching the appropriate filters to complete, there really isn't much I can give you in the way of constructive criticism. Now if you'll excuse me, I have another ten stories to read.

Later,
Rex
Le Chasseur chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
You know, "Exact Change" is the type of story that I enjoy read back, for many reasons.

The plot is good - really good. There is the tension that takes the reader by the gut. And damn if Ranma isn't BAD-ASS !

"She walked over to him and there was no mistaking the questions in his eyes. "I'm sorry Ranma, we didn't want to have to go this far." Nabiki? Apologizing for what? She handed him the envelope and the paper. "The envelope first, please." Those were the instruction she had been given, so she gave them to this Ranma as well. He opened the envelope with care and even the old master was curious now. He unfolded the letter and began reading.

Nabiki saw the change. It was tiny and imperceptible, but all movement in his body stilled. Ranma shuffled the paper under and moved on to the next one, the one she knew all to well. Like the Ranma before him, this one's face drained of all blood as well, leaving a white and hollow mask. Both arms dropped to his sides and the letters fell to the ground. After what seemed like several minutes, life returned to the martial artist and a thin emotionless smile crept along his face.

"So that's the way it is.""

Damn if this isn't my favorite moment.

Excellent work Chef ! I thought it was time to tell you.
Ashleythetiger chapter 2 . 4/29/2012
hmmm some nice time travel...

well nice to me not nice for ranma an co

found a part 2 ish in your... crap off to read that
Ranmaleopard chapter 2 . 4/1/2012
awesome please continue!
Ranmaleopard chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
interesting please continue!
LordsFire chapter 2 . 1/26/2012
Good stuff. Not quite as good as your more recent work, but I think it would be more disappointing if you *hadn't* improved over the years.
Daxel chapter 2 . 1/6/2012
A Piece of Art.

I don't have other words to describe your story.

Keep writing!
donald7777 chapter 2 . 9/17/2011
Time travel is always a difficult topic to do. Unless you have an exact story outline it will mess up.

You managed to pull it off, as you said there were some holes but considering the length of the story it was done rather well.

Keep up the great work.
Chachachachachachachachachacha chapter 2 . 6/24/2011
Wow! I really like this! It's really cute :)
Tovath chapter 2 . 6/19/2011
Every time I read this I think about how great it is.
vodkaCanidae chapter 2 . 4/8/2011
I haven't read a good time-travelling fic for a while now and this one just thrills me to no end. Its really refreshing to see a pairing done up through the concept of time-travel. And wonderful done too. How it played out from a typical day in Nerima, how one unexpected event made everything go downhill from there, and how it actually was for the better when everything's said and done. Totally loved it. And rather believable too.

I'm not sure if this is a typo, or if I'm misreading this - the first time Nabiki time traveled to the future, the coordinates for the year she inputed was 1988, but the present year locked was 1989 and she supposedly traveled one year into the future to year 1990...

Aside from that, I have no qualms about this fic and totally love it to the core. The new present is awesome and totally guiles me into believing that it is how everything should have been. Its been an immensely enjoyable read, and I thank you very much for writing this.
ijpowers92 chapter 2 . 3/26/2011
a very good story. I liked it a lot.

And that fanfic rule you have about plot vehicles and goals? I've never saw this ending coming (well around the time Nabiki kept hearing "anything it takes" I did). And yet it still felt natural. Amazing job.
Rune Tobor chapter 2 . 1/10/2011
I was reading this again and decided to skim though the reviews to see if I had left one.

I can not believe I had not but it seems this is my first review of this story.

It is great!

At the end of the manga none of the tendo girls impress me. And it is for this reason that my favorite matchup is Ranma/crossover girl or OC.

But you found a way to change everything and did a good job of it. This Ranma and Nabiki is great, a team of Brawn-brains and Brains-brawn. I could wish that you expand the epilog more, telling the tale of Ranma and Nabiki all the way to Saffron. The Nabiki/Shampoo fights alone would be worth it. But as one review said how could Kuno change so Akane would like him? Perhaps Soun spoke to the boy early on? With the changes it seems that Soun might not be the spineless whimpering crybaby he is in the manga. I also like to read stories that show the amazons as the bullies they are. The kiss of death is nothing less than murder and kiss of marriage is close to enslavement. The amazons do not respect others at all. It is only that Ranma is in Japan with allies that keeps a wrinkled elder from simply kidnapping him. I'm sure in China she would not hold back like she does in Japan.

I seem to remember a few years ago you had a story that was a branch off of this called Pocket Change. If you still have a copy could you post it again? Perhaps in your new Crapspace file? I liked it and feel it might inspire others. I wish I could write better because its a great start to a wild fic. Please post it again.

Thanks.
PrincessVamp chapter 2 . 11/15/2010
Wow, that was great! It kept me guessing until the end, and I love the character development. Nabiki and Ranma make sense to me, and yours is one of the best fanfics about them I've read! :)
175 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »