Reviews for Early Winter
CrystalKenobi chapter 3 . 3/28/2008
This was a wonderful story. Full of emtions. First as a sam and jack fan I' would wish for them to be together so I like 2b. However, I can see 2a in the realistic world. What jack said about things being against them has a point. There is always something coming up that needs them to stay in the military. as far as sam saying no? I don't think she really said no as more of jack caught her by surprise in a way but at the same time I also realize that sam is a thinker and she tend sto think things thru and that kind of personality is hard to get around because one is just not made to think just emotionally. while jack is more of an emotionally kidn of guy . So I really like ch 2a. I would like to see a sequel to see if they would get together down the long haul even after him turning her away or would we find him with someone else. You could feel the bitternewss in him but yet I feel that he will always love her.
BettyHall223 chapter 3 . 5/28/2007
So glad you mentioned this story and so glad I read it. It brought tears to my eyes with the second chapter and I much prefer the last one. But, I could just see Jack behaving the way he did in 2A. He can be so stubborn and Sam just can't get in touch with her feeings sometimes until it's too late. This was wonderful! Thank you for writing it.
Gen Varel chapter 3 . 11/17/2006
Of course I preferred the second ending, the happy one. But I have to say that the first one was more stirring. The angst was pure agony!
TLWROX chapter 3 . 5/24/2006
This was a beautiful story- both first and alternate endings. I would've enjoyed the first ending just fine if there was a second part to it (or story)- something about how they turned out after he left her... If either of them were able to move on, if after months or years they actually got together. Just something of that sort. It left me longing for a bit more. Anyway, great fic. :) :) :)
sgater926 chapter 3 . 2/26/2006
Wow. Great writing! The first ending was SO tragic I almost cried. The second ending had me smiling so big my cheeks hurt. I can only imagine the amount of joy it would take for Sam to "spin", especially in public like that. The shippy side of me likes the 2nd ending better of course, but I actually like them equally...probably solely based on how well they're written. You wrote the emotions beautifully. Any chance for a sequel? Keep up the great work!
MajorSam chapter 3 . 2/21/2006
Well I must say of course I like the second ending better... but the first was GREAT too! WOoh for emotional!Sam whump...

Great little story!

getcarter chapter 3 . 12/15/2005
Since i'm an abosoluely hopeless romantic, I have to say I prefer the 2nd ending, although the first was very well done.
HeidiT chapter 3 . 12/4/2005
I have to say that I preferred the second ending-probably because I'm an incurable romantic & s/j shipper. Good story
stc chapter 3 . 11/27/2005
obviosly I prefer the second one, I can't take any more angst!
Rach5 chapter 2 . 11/21/2005
wow that was powerful... so sad - be awesome if you do a sequel tothis ending... i liked the happy ending but i liked the sad one more... :D br great if you could write more.
Rose Stetson chapter 3 . 10/5/2005
Definitely preferred the second ending!)

Keep writing. It's great!
Ancient Galaxy chapter 3 . 9/30/2005
I am a total sucker for fluff... I liked this ending much much better ! *snuggle sdown in the fluff* Well done ! :-D
Anunnaki chapter 3 . 9/22/2005
Oh, wow. That was utterly magnificent. Brilliant writing.
Anon chapter 3 . 9/18/2005
Thank you thank you thank you for writing the alternate ending! I think if I'd found this story only up the the original ending I may have shot myself. lol. So powerful, so sad - wonderfully written, but cuts deep for a hardcore shipper. I love your stories, keep writing them! This one was fab!
i.m. nell chapter 3 . 9/14/2005
Ending number one. My evil twin liked it. Sam blew it big time and, knowing Jack, his hurt turned into bitterness and rejection. If I was Sam I'd be sobbing, too.

Alternate ending. Sweet, sappy, tender, gushy. Loved it! Now where's the RST?