Reviews for Fragile Truths
Blunablue chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
I really enjoyed your truth-series, every single episode was a special insight into different states of Kenshins psyche. Enjoyed the third one, effortless truth, the most - it had a somehow more unusual topic.

bye, blunablue
Miharu Kawashi chapter 1 . 3/8/2006
Finally, someone shows the importance of Tomoe-san! Yay! Are you going to continue this series?
sueb262 chapter 1 . 1/10/2006
Very powerful images and emotions-a wonderfully crafted re-telling of this pivotal moment and the coming consequences.

I always felt, however, that "single moment" in which his world was transformed was one more of desperate focus than one of a "haze of rage and bloodlust". It's a fine distinction, I know, but I don't think he was in his mind enough to have adequately formulated thoughts even as complex as those-I always liked the idea that the course he had set himself on-that morning as he left their shared home, that day months before when he and she left Kyoto together, even that scene years earlier when he argued with Hiko-had finally caught up with him, had just sort of broke over him like a tidal wave that had been inexorably building up to that point. I like the idea that he never had any chance at averting this "one mistake", as you so poignantly phrase it.

skenshingumi chapter 1 . 9/20/2005
I like how you contrast the idea of the killer's assessment of a quick, easy death as being good to the man's assessemnt of the shocking ease in taking life and the finality of it. These lines stood out for me, "It had always been simple, and he had been glad.

Killing them quickly seemed best.

A mercy, he had so ignorantly reasoned.

What a fool he was.

That he could take a life with a single swing, a single second...

Not just killing a man, but killing a future, killing a husband, a father, a brother, a son..."

I love the sad and bitter irony there.
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 9/16/2005
I loved the lines:

He was a merchant of death... and had been selling profitably for years.

But now, at last, he had found out just how brutally overpriced death was.

And so he wept on.

Your way of phrasing things is just perfect for that moment of the OAV. Making death sound like a market transaction not only reminds the reader that Kenshin was a paid assassin, but brings in the tragic price he had to pay with Tomoe's death. Excellent work!
Wishes of an Angel chapter 1 . 9/11/2005
That was an awesome and wonderful story! It was just so beautifully put. Great job!
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 9/11/2005
wow... absolutely beautifully done! Your metaphorical descriptions are always so... perfect, is all I can say. Lovely work on this!