Reviews for The Trouble with Quidditch Players
Barbiemustdie chapter 58 . 3/5/2016
Bonjour !
First of all, you haven't updated since 2008 so I doubt you'll ever read this, but who knows.

I guess I just want to thank you for writing this fic, even though it was ages ago. I really thought I was gonna read a cool, but cliché Oliver Wood / OC, and you proved me wrong.
It was so unexpected, for example I never thought that Ayla would get pregnant and it took me until chapter 40 ~ something to realize that yeah, she was gonna end up with Marcus. I guess I'm just so used to reading predictable fanfictions that I forgot what it feels like to be surprised. So thank you.

Speaking of Marcus Flint : I already liked him a bit, because of this other fanfiction I read, but yours made me totally fall in love with him. I was also somehow satisfied because Ayla and Marcus are both Pure-Blood and they ended up together - I can't really explain it but I ship Pure-Blood couples. Probably why I hate Dramione so much.

So that's it, I guess. I'm gonna go read the sequel now, even tough it's not complete and probably never will be and it's gonna kill me.
Gabrielav chapter 6 . 8/9/2015
Good so far - I like it!
Good thing for me that this story is finished. I have a lot of chapters remaing to read in the next few days...
Thanks for sharing this story with us!
ferret assassin nin chapter 58 . 9/22/2013
Wow. I can't say I'm surprised that the ending turned out this way. In a way, I think Oliver sort of got the short end of the stick since he was under the influence of potions, but still Marcus definitely is (and I honestly can't believe I'm saying this) a good father figure and person. Well, at least in this story. I love how, even before Marcus and Ayla got together, Sarah and "Jynx" loved Marcus; it was like a major foreshadowing considering how Sarah and the (surprisingly male) kneazle absolutely hated Oliver but absolutely loved Marcus. I mean, "Jynx" ran away from home and spent a few months with Marcus a little bit before things went downhill with Oliver. In fact, as far as this story goes, if she ended up back with Oliver, I would have felt miserable for Marcus. Plus, Marcus and Ayla have so much more in common it was like destiny. I love how Kate got what was coming to her. Anyway, that's just my thoughts on this amazing story you have written. :D I mean, even the foreshadowing is brilliant. Also, I'm glad that the several characters you've introduced actually grew into the story and developed as well rounded and believable people; not just side characters intended to move the plot along. With several characters in one story, it can get like that. Finally, the emotions and plot certainly seemed well-developed and believable as well; Ayla didn't immediately fall for Oliver nor did she immediately fall for Marcus. And yes, the trouble with Quidditch is that you never know what to expect and your life seems perfect until you get involved with them. lol Thank you for writing such an amazing story.

ferret nin
ferret assassin nin chapter 36 . 9/21/2013
Okay, I've been trying to read this story in one go because it is absolutely awesome and addictive and I just can't stop to review (happens to me a lot, ironically enough) but I just have to stop and say this: OMG I don't usually like Rita Skeeter's articles but I cannot absolutely refuse the utter hilariousness it is! (I don't know if I'm even making sense here I'm still shaking with laughter). Poor Marcus, he just doesn't seem to catch a break, does he? A woman falls from a ladder and into his arms, he takes her St. Mungo's and finds out she's pregnant, gets wrongly accused of being a father, Oliver starts acting like an arse that makes me just want to murder him (and I'm quite the fan girl of him), then Marcus sort of comforts Ayla which wasn't so much comforting as it was just listening and trying to be helpful, and to top it all off the article of Rita Skeeter's just breaks up all the tension but puts a lot of confusion upon Marcus I feel sure. Oliver's probably very confused or disturbed or something (I sense a make-up in process IF Ayla and her friends ever forgive him, that is). I've never liked Marcus before with how Oliver's acting, I say he deserves to be punched in the face. Also, I'm surprised Sarah hasn't used a severing charm on him yet (I'm expecting her to do so soon). Above all, poor Ayla is just in the middle of it.

So! Excellent story, I absolutely love all of it and I love Sarah's blunt and almost cruel honesty. XD Hopefully Ayla's parents won't be awful towards their daughter. Apparently Ayla was right at the beginning of this wonderful work of art you have written: Quidditch players are nothing but trouble.

ferret nin
Melissa Flint chapter 58 . 7/30/2013
Perfectly written, super ending and wonderful story - thanks for sharing your gift, talent and quirkiness with us (me)
Melissa Flint chapter 36 . 7/30/2013
Oh yes, the old-as-time-question: 'to use Wood or Flint to start a fire' :P
I am a fan girly!
Melissa Flint chapter 31 . 7/30/2013
*claps hands excitedly*
Melissa Flint chapter 28 . 7/30/2013
Oh I LOVE how your mind works!
Melissa Flint chapter 24 . 7/30/2013
Love it!
Melissa Flint chapter 10 . 7/17/2013
Thanks a lot, my husband think I've gone crazy after I've spat out my coffee all over my computer and are in constant fits of laughter
Melissa Flint chapter 4 . 7/17/2013
I am crying my eyes out - from laughing so hard! You are bloody brilliant woman!
Deanne Ravenwing chapter 58 . 2/28/2013
Beautiful story! I love that Ayla had Flint with her they make such a cute couple! :D
Michelle chapter 58 . 2/2/2012
Stunning story I ready every bit! Kept me on my toes! You are a very good writer!
magenwashere chapter 58 . 11/15/2009
I loved your story. I've been looking for a good Marcus Flint story for ages, and I finally found one!

Good Job.

Magenwashere
ElenaDemidova chapter 36 . 7/27/2009
ok..at this point.I'm at chapter 35...and I really want to Avada Kedavra Kate and Adam...I'm eager to find out what happens so I'm gonna go back to reading.