Reviews for The Horn of the Bull
every1ssleeping chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
It's *so* good. Loved it... and I don't even like Chakotay.
Kamai6 chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
Good, but Chakotay is too emotional.

Well Done Though.

Kamai6
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
Since reading ‘Belle Colony’, I perused your other J/C works. I’m immensely happy that I chose this story to read. I think there are too damn few Chakotay POV stories out there, even less perfectly written, in character ones. This was an absolute marvel to read.

Understand that I have not seen anything of Voyager past S3, save for a few S5/6 episodes on TV. So my love of J/C bloomed from the heyday of their relationship early in the series. I’ve only read summaries from S7, and was understandably appalled with the forced, terrible, and completely unbelievable pairing of Seven and Chakotay. I also think the fact that they got home, and the writers (or Braga, methinks) chose to relegate Janeway to the “Old Maid of Starfleet” was a horrific gyp to the fans, not to mention to her character.

I love how you portrayed her as jumping back into life, living it up, so to speak. And having this seen though Chakotay’s eyes was masterful. The reader feels his brooding for times past, while he struggles with his present. You always seem to find a wonderful meeting of the roads for him and Janeway – bringing them back to their center point, each other. The weaving of Chakotay’s life, as he tried to move on was interesting, and I found it very believable, him becoming a contracted teacher for new cadets. The “captains’ shadow” was also an interesting twist, as I had never really seen it that way for the Commander. But it seems he lived in her shadow in more ways than one – and back home, he was floundering without her.

Their meeting was poignant and heart warming. You kept Kathryn in character all the way through: the roundabout story telling of her life, and her silent plea to Chakotay reminded me of his ‘Angry Warrior’ story on New Earth. Very powerful. Their final melding was sweet and touching and a perfect ending.

This was excellent work, and you have helped a newbie to the Voyager fandom and fic writing get a new perspective on Kathryn and Chakotay’s connection through their exile. Many thanks.

Bravo. Stunning work! I hope you continue to write more J/C!
Lizzyshoe chapter 1 . 1/8/2006
Excellent, excellent story Miz. I really love your style of writing. It is original, and still brings the characters we know and love to life. Well done!
eternity-99 chapter 1 . 11/19/2005
*sniff, sniff.
totally random chapter 1 . 11/5/2005
fantastic. absolutely fantastic.
Ayjah chapter 1 . 10/7/2005
Very interesting from his point of view. Many I have read are either narrator only or J's view. Nice
leia2005 chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
Mizvoy, you never disappoint. That was heartwrenching, aching, beautiful, tragic, and wonderful. Everything you didn't expect, and yet, our lovers came together at last. Fantastic.
astareltheweeper chapter 1 . 9/14/2005
Woosh, talk about in-depth! I'm not sure that I agree with some of the choices that Kathryn made but I like it a lot...
TinkerJ chapter 1 . 9/12/2005
awesome!

i like the twist about that kevin dude. ;)
PaulaRway chapter 1 . 9/11/2005
Wow. Excellent as usual.

Belle Colony?
Kushelkitten chapter 1 . 9/11/2005
An excellent, well written story. You had butterflies in my stomach by the end it was so sweet. Great job.