Reviews for Hey Let's Switch Turns!
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 20 . 4/13/2009
Very good job with all the characters. Great scenes all the way.

Keep the good writing.
Nikki Narcissist chapter 20 . 4/13/2009
BUT THEY CAN'T SWITCH BACK

I DISAGREE
Hellerick Ferlibay chapter 19 . 4/8/2009
Hi Bunni!

Whoah, I haven't noticed that you split the previous chapters till you mentioned it. And don't worry I haven't printed all the 19 chapters — I don't have a printer anymore :-( —, what I meant to tell is that the old print-outs are lying under my keyboard for 1.5 years now. At the upper page Helga instructs Arnold how to be Helga, it's too good to be thrown away.

You're gonna post short chapters, but frequently? Yeah, it's a good decision, that's what I call being user-friendly. (Look at Thundercatroar for a negative example - she writes very good stories, but her format... the last chapter was 14,0 words long.) I wish you had more reviews... But too many good stories are published lately (not that I mind). While I'm typing this your story is the seventh in the list already. You have many competitors now. And a 19-chapter story looks too scary for new readers :-(

You're gonna finish Hey Let's Switch Turns? Oh no... I mean this fanfic is almost as old as the fandom. It's *special*, it links several generations of HA! fans. I have this feeling in my guts, that when HLST will be completed, the fandom will be completed as well... BTW, are you going to celebrate this story's 8th anniversary?

"What if BOB figured out it wasn't really her and aliens came and abducted them all and conducted experiments that forced them back in time and space, leading to the Treaty of Vienna in 1606, and then they therefore banded into the rebellistic time traveling mutant group of superheroes determined to fix time wherever they went before" - Yeah! That's what I love you for! And where the heck you know about the Treaty of Vienna from?

Mr. Simmons is calling the roll? For goodness sake, he has just 12 desks in his classroom, does he really have to? Well, it sounds like a Simmons thing to do.

Gerald's suspicious? Heh-heh. She should do something Arnold-like... I wonder what it could be. Giving somebody an advice? Oh, it will end up a disaster.

Great chapter! I think you should try to advertise it. Like launching "I'm back!" campaign on Arnold's Eyes forum and in Hey Arnold community on LiveJournal.

Yours,

Hellerick

PS. The link to Hey Arnold Wiki is on my profile page.
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 19 . 4/7/2009
Very good one.

Keep the good writing.
Nikki Narcissist chapter 12 . 2/25/2008
I love this so far, it's just absolutely hysterical.

Fanfiction Con. Yeah. No words to dexcribe how funny that was, haha.

Update soon.
Hellerick Ferlibay chapter 12 . 10/1/2007
Hi, Bunni.

I wondered whether we lost you again. I missed you; I even dedicated to you my weekly inscription I make with my finger on the fogged mirror in the bathroom in some funny script I invented. (My father thinks I write it's Hebrew for some reason.)

I could complain about that this chapter describes characters with weird names, lunatic behavior, and that I can't distinguish them because I just can't remember them... But I guess it isn't what you want to hear. The chapter is still well written. I like the light mood in which you write about religion(s) - even though I guess it would piss off some people here.

The funny thing is that I have a personal experience of being a god. I started several years ago when I had PE and told the people around that they can't force me to do anything because they exist as creatures of my imagination only and will cease to exist the moment I'll wish it. After that incident I was nicknamed God. I was bugged by them since then. I remember once I had a conversation of that kind:

"Hey God, what you're doing now? Did you create something new lately?"

"Yep, I made America recently."

"America? But it already existed the last time I checked."

"Of course it existed. What you think, it would just suddenly appear in the middle of the Great Ocean? I had to rewrite the history, redesign the Earth's geology, make some changes in biology... I thought the Earth looks kinda dull. So, I reduced Asia in twice, shifted the Great Ocean westward and created new continent in the cleared place. There was some redundant population though, I temporarily located them in China. So, how you like America? Neat huh?"

"I hate Americans."

"Oh don't worry, they are the first draft only. I have to design them thoroughly yet. Believe me, they will be quite a nice people. Just now I'm drawing the interstate boundaries - no matter how I try I always get squares. It drives me nuts."

Ah well... I'm waiting for a new chapter. A real HA! chapter.

BTW, I wonder whether the Olympian gods and muses have access to the Web.

Take care.
dablackfox101 chapter 12 . 9/30/2007
wow, this is an amazing story! i luv the personalities u gave to all the Gods and Goddeses, and the part with the dream and the cows doing the Marcarena was just priceless! i was laughing at that for literally 5 minutes straight. i was also wondering if you still excepting people for ur 'be a god or goddess' contest. if u r, plez PM me. and plz update soon!
Hellerick Ferlibay chapter 11 . 8/27/2007
What the heck you think you're doing? I was reading your fic at work you know... at least I tried. But instead of pretending to work all I could do was hysterical snickering. Now all my co-workers will think that I was on high (or whatever it is in English), and I'll have serious troubles. Gr-r... I swear you'll regret this!

BTW, I printed a very nice little 12-page brochure out of your this chapter... I'm in my "brochuring period" just now, I convert everything into brochures. Everything looks very good... except your bold, capitalized etc. text - it's okay on the screen, but terrible on paper. (You wrote that you write this way because you're a five-year-old at heart... Sheesh, I'm twelve at least!)

You suggested to me to skip your "Olympic" chapters... come on, they aren't THAT bad. Actually I'm reading everything posted in HA! section (including stories in Spanish and one story in Portuguese), at least I'm trying to - some authors managed to piss me off.

Still looking for a beta-reader? Okay, I tried to check this chapter, what about this?:

- "outloud" "out loud" (occurs two times)

- "excusde" "excuse"

- "adament" "adamant"

- "softed" "softened"

- "hyperventiliating" "hyperventilating"

- it's better to spell "namecalling" and "mindreading" with a hyphen.

- "many other conspicious objects" - did you mean "conspicuous" or "suspicious"?

- "sci fi" "sci-fi"

- "curiousity" "curiosity"

- an ellipsis symbol should have at least three dots you know (you tend to use just two).

- "her-er" doesn't look right. Kinda citizen of Herland or something. I guess you meant to use the 'mumbling' dash here. Also you leave hyphens instead dashes at the end of paragraphs etc. The same goes for "just-wait".

- "Macarena" should be capitalized even when it's danced by a cow.

- "Arnold simply laid on the floor" - should be "lay" here.

- "Miriam was obviously have second doubts" - should be "having".

- Formally speaking, "martian" always should be capitalized, even when it's used in a figurative sense.

- "silenting" "silencing"

- "It was rather intriguing that a ten year old would have any", "EVERY ten year old he knew" - Here "ten-year-olds" are nouns, and should be written with hyphens.

- I'm not sure how to spell "lala land"... "Lala-land"? "Lalaland?", "The Republic of Lalaland"? In fact it's a very interesting academic question.

What I feel about you after this chapter? A little - very little in love, but mostly deeply envious. Damn, I wanna write the same way to... I think I would agree to murder anybody just to learn to express myself as well as you do. Alas it's much easier to murder than to learn to write. Everyone is so much in character (except Miriam, but it sure was worth of it!), so much creativity...; and considering the fact that you write yet one completely different and yet great story... it just leaves me speechless.

- Illuminating adoration,

Planning deadly revenge,

Sincerely yours

Hellerick Cleham Ferlibay

PS. I was leafing through the Old English dictionary recently. You know what was the word for "brain" back then? "Bragen". It looks like Brainy and Bragi really are connected - both have names consisting of word for "Brain" plus suffix -i.

PPS. But I wish I was leafing through the manual of "How To Be Helga" instead.
X-IrishChic-X chapter 11 . 8/25/2007
I am the 2lazy2login person, I was... Too lazy to login. Anyway, the alien scene was hilarious, and I can't wait to see what happens in the next chapter.
OriginalFlavor chapter 11 . 8/25/2007
Oh, oh what happen? I am confused as Arnold is dense. What did Arnold find out?
Sophia Frostwhisper chapter 11 . 8/25/2007
"HOW DOES A VEIN THROB ON A CHEEK?"

"You get back! BACK TO ROSWELL!"

Genius.

It's fine it was a day late. I wasn't around yesterday anyway... ;_;
Hellerick Ferlibay chapter 10 . 8/19/2007
Huh, the three years of absence made you... well, older. Your writing definitely improved. (Though I will miss "Viva la Resistance!" manifesto).

But there is one thing the same at yours: it's the way you mark words. You write them in italics, in all caps, underlined, bold etc. and with all the possible combinations of the mentioned methods. It's no big deal of course, but it looks a bit immature, like kinda five-year-old who while drawing doesn't want to make a good picture, but wants to use all the pencils he has.

The sentence "Think they're doing drugs?" looks out of place. I'm not sure if mentioning of drugs is allowed in a K (PG)-rated story in the first place.

You need a beta-reader? To say the truth this chapter has better grammar than previous ones (which I presume were beta-read), so you hardly need one. The only mistakes I found were words "self interest", and "fourth graders" (they should be written with a hyphen) - no big deal. Sure, I'm always willing to help (if you need help from somebody who never learnt English and hardly can speak the language), but I think you're able to handle everything by yourself (just stop capitalize/underline/italicize words at once).

I was thinking about Brainy's divinity myself. The best candidate to be him I found is Bragi - the Old Norse god of bardic poetry. Who said that he's romantically interested in Helga? Maybe he's professionally interested in her poetry? You know, he doesn't follow her all the time, he just suddenly materializes whenever she recites something about her undying love to Arnold. Helga's chanting sounds very... well, Old Norse if you ask me.

I'm sure it was huge fun to include your reviewers into the story, and convert it into some sort of a club, but I think it's rather hurtful to the story itself. You sometimes manage to write it funny (and even extremely funny), but mostly it was making me bored and frustrated about having no progress in the Arnold-Helga situation and having to read about the characters I don't care about. (Honestly, you write the story for more than six years already, and it's still... the second day of it! It's... it's... I just have no words.) I don't know, maybe somebody will like it, but personally I think I will dread your future "Olympic" chapters.

Try to use more Lila. I think her interacting with Arnold-in-Helga and Helga-in-Arnold can be very interesting.

This chapter is a very promising candidate in the "Return of the Year" nomination.
Sophia Frostwhisper chapter 10 . 8/18/2007
I finally got around to reading this. IT'S FISHIN' BRILLIANT. I love all of the little problems that keep arising in the bathrooms. Not to mention everyone's in-character and Jesus is awesome and the whole Matchmaking Immortals/poker game bet is just hilarious!
Miss Matched chapter 10 . 8/18/2007
Kudos to you for getting back on the wagon! Great chapter. I can't wait to see what happens next! If you still need a beta reader, drop me an email!
2lazy2login chapter 10 . 8/18/2007
This is hilarious! I wish I found this earlier! Keep going, this is a great story!
219 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »